Author Topic: 50 Cent "This Year Is My Year"  (Read 632 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
50 Cent "This Year Is My Year"
« on: January 09, 2007, 03:30:39 AM »
I think its safe to say that the 1st single will be probably produced by Timbaland
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 Cent Gives Two Cents On G-Unit Rumors, Says 'This Year Is My Year'
There's absolutely no competition,' rapper says. 'I'm gonna dominate again.

NEW YORK — 50 Cent is starting to get angry again. And as history has shown, that should mean good material for the bulletproof rapper's forthcoming album, Before I Self Destruct, tentatively due this spring.

Responding to detractors who claim G-Unit are over due to a slippage in album sales and rumors about the direction of his project, Fif says he's been feeling the pressure to deliver with Before I Self Destruct (see "50 Cent, Almost Ready To Self Destruct, Unloads On Critics First"). As he explained, he is used to pressure — he already places a lot on himself as it is — and knows what everyone's been saying lately about his camp.

"I heard them talking on the radio about G-Unit is over, because they seeing some of the artists having difficulties," 50 said last week inside his offices during a break from promoting his recently launched G-Unit Books. "What you're seeing is the music business. Nothing just works in the music business. There's no company that has had a higher success rate than G-Unit since I showed up. I've accomplished what took people 10 years to do in business, in three.

"One project doesn't work and G-Unit is over?" he continued. "What about 50? Put that pressure on me. Cause I'mma smash their head as soon as I come back."

Aside from super-producers J.R. Rotem and Rich Harrison, 50 revealed that Timbaland will be another beatsmith helping him smash on his new project. The two have been collaborating recently (see "Timbaland Nabs 50 Cent, Dr. Dre For LP, Starts Timberlake Gossip Frenzy"), and 50 compared the experience to working with Dr. Dre and Eminem. One difference working with Timbaland, however, is the obligation 50 said he feels to use Timbaland's tracks after traveling down to Miami to get in the studio with the producer.

"To be honest with you, I feel [another kind of] pressure when I go in a studio with a producer," Fif explained. " 'Cause I don't wanna waste time. I don't live in Florida, so I have to go to Florida to work with Timbaland. I feel like I'm paying airfare for my entourage, I'm paying hotel fare for my entourage, I'm paying studio time. I'm in there with Timbaland like, 'I need to make a f---ing hit.' I feel obligated under those circumstances. My intentions are to go there and make the record. But if they mail the music to my house, I might listen and go, 'I don't know if that's the record.' But after I came there, I want to make something."

Fif also remarked that his next album won't be as soulful as people may think it's going to be (see "Producer J.R. Rotem Helping 50 Get Soul, Tossing Beats For Dr. Dre"). He's been listening to older R&B lately, but not for direction — it's because there has been a lack of quality releases lately. He's heard Jay-Z's album (good, he said) and Game's album (not so much, he said), but 50's more interested in getting his G-Unit projects out on shelves in 2007.

He confirmed the order of the next few G-Unit releases: Young Buck's sophomore G-Unit album, Young Hot Rod's debut and then his own LP will follow next. But Fif was hush on M.O.P. and the rest of his crew, only saying he won't rush the projects and that they'll see the light of day when the music is totally ready.

For now, 50 is fully focused on moving forward with his plans for this year, rather than dwelling on his or his roster's 2006.

"I feel like this year is my year," 50 said. "And there's absolutely no competition. I'm gonna dominate again. It might seem unfair, but I'm gonna do what I came to do." 

ABN

Re: 50 Cent "This Year Is My Year"
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:21:45 AM »
i think this might be the year that 50 starts to slip on the charts. coz his formula aint gonna work another time so he need to come up with some new PR tricks. shit he might just out another G-Unit member and start beefing with himself. i wanna hear what he did with Timbo and Dre coz you don´t need to be a good rapper to sound dope on their beats. when´s Buck the World dropping by the way?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 10:18:50 AM »
February 13th.

50 is in competition with one person and that is 50 Cent himself. Everyone is gonna expect him to go plat in 4 days again.

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:35:59 AM »
I have a feeling that Young Buck is going to be a dope album. Now whether or not people go out and buy it is the question.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 10:39:38 AM »
I have a feeling that Young Buck is going to be a dope album. Now whether or not people go out and buy it is the question.

Im gonna buy Bucks.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

'EclipZe

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 10:41:44 AM »
lets hope this shit will sound somethin like power of the dollar

wcsoldier

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »
I'm anticipating this album... I hope he picked some hot Timbo beats coz 50 is one of the best at doing catchy songs... wating more for a GRODT type of album than the Massacre type... Young Buck is my fav from the camp so I'm waiting on his album too.. by the way isn't it February 6th Meho ??

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 11:15:12 AM »
I'm anticipating this album... I hope he picked some hot Timbo beats coz 50 is one of the best at doing catchy songs... wating more for a GRODT type of album than the Massacre type... Young Buck is my fav from the camp so I'm waiting on his album too.. by the way isn't it February 6th Meho ??

Dunno 6th or 13th not sure.

Timbo and 50= mega hit. In that Timbo and Busta video they talk about how Timbo gave 50 a beat that he made from a plastic cup of penciles and how the whole Flipmode sqaud and 50 went crazy when they heard it, should be dope.

wcsoldier

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 11:21:35 AM »
^^ yep.. the weird thing about Buck is he hasn't another single out.. I don't know why but I have a feeling Interscope policy is gonna get on my nerves once again, especially with Bishop album  :-X

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 11:42:13 AM »
Yep. When he decided (and Interscope of course) not to drop on nov 28th because of all the albums coming out in that time, I thought it was a smart idea. But in order to work he should have had a video out by now. I just dont get it. Either is 50 getting lazy or Interscope fucked up yet again.

d-nice

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 12:04:17 PM »
Interscope fucked up the promotion on Straight Outta Cashville also. And people have already forgotten about the Jazze Pha single.

.SNEEKlocsta:.

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 02:41:43 PM »
I think its safe to say that the 1st single will be probably produced by Timbaland
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 Cent Gives Two Cents On G-Unit Rumors, Says 'This Year Is My Year'
There's absolutely no competition,' rapper says. 'I'm gonna dominate again.

NEW YORK — 50 Cent is starting to get angry again. And as history has shown, that should mean good material for the bulletproof rapper's forthcoming album, Before I Self Destruct, tentatively due this spring.

Responding to detractors who claim G-Unit are over due to a slippage in album sales and rumors about the direction of his project, Fif says he's been feeling the pressure to deliver with Before I Self Destruct (see "50 Cent, Almost Ready To Self Destruct, Unloads On Critics First"). As he explained, he is used to pressure — he already places a lot on himself as it is — and knows what everyone's been saying lately about his camp.

"I heard them talking on the radio about G-Unit is over, because they seeing some of the artists having difficulties," 50 said last week inside his offices during a break from promoting his recently launched G-Unit Books. "What you're seeing is the music business. Nothing just works in the music business. There's no company that has had a higher success rate than G-Unit since I showed up. I've accomplished what took people 10 years to do in business, in three.

"One project doesn't work and G-Unit is over?" he continued. "What about 50? Put that pressure on me. Cause I'mma smash their head as soon as I come back."

Aside from super-producers J.R. Rotem and Rich Harrison, 50 revealed that Timbaland will be another beatsmith helping him smash on his new project. The two have been collaborating recently (see "Timbaland Nabs 50 Cent, Dr. Dre For LP, Starts Timberlake Gossip Frenzy"), and 50 compared the experience to working with Dr. Dre and Eminem. One difference working with Timbaland, however, is the obligation 50 said he feels to use Timbaland's tracks after traveling down to Miami to get in the studio with the producer.

"To be honest with you, I feel [another kind of] pressure when I go in a studio with a producer," Fif explained. " 'Cause I don't wanna waste time. I don't live in Florida, so I have to go to Florida to work with Timbaland. I feel like I'm paying airfare for my entourage, I'm paying hotel fare for my entourage, I'm paying studio time. I'm in there with Timbaland like, 'I need to make a f---ing hit.' I feel obligated under those circumstances. My intentions are to go there and make the record. But if they mail the music to my house, I might listen and go, 'I don't know if that's the record.' But after I came there, I want to make something."

Fif also remarked that his next album won't be as soulful as people may think it's going to be (see "Producer J.R. Rotem Helping 50 Get Soul, Tossing Beats For Dr. Dre"). He's been listening to older R&B lately, but not for direction — it's because there has been a lack of quality releases lately. He's heard Jay-Z's album (good, he said) and Game's album (not so much, he said), but 50's more interested in getting his G-Unit projects out on shelves in 2007.

He confirmed the order of the next few G-Unit releases: Young Buck's sophomore G-Unit album, Young Hot Rod's debut and then his own LP will follow next. But Fif was hush on M.O.P. and the rest of his crew, only saying he won't rush the projects and that they'll see the light of day when the music is totally ready.

For now, 50 is fully focused on moving forward with his plans for this year, rather than dwelling on his or his roster's 2006.

"I feel like this year is my year," 50 said. "And there's absolutely no competition. I'm gonna dominate again. It might seem unfair, but I'm gonna do what I came to do." 

thisoneguy360

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 09:28:59 PM »
I haven't been feeling any of young bucks mixtape shit and i'm not really feelin his new single, but SOC was a dope album so we'll have to wait and see

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 03:01:24 AM »
Timbo and 50= mega hit.

based on what?

I'm curious about Buck's album though. SOC was really dope, hopefully his second album got the same vibe!

wcsoldier

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 03:08:45 AM »
Timbo and 50= mega hit.

based on what?

if 50 can make hits with Storch beats , he sure can with Timbo.... 50 has the ability to make lots of hits with his half singin chorus style..