Author Topic: Barry Bonds gets caught up, HA!  (Read 424 times)

WestCoasta

Barry Bonds gets caught up, HA!
« on: January 11, 2007, 02:59:55 PM »
god damn, Barry Bonds once again a fuckin prick liar, further raises speculation as the worlds greatest cheat ever

how can anybody be a fan of this piece of shit?  people are fans of him, how do they look at themselves in the mirror rooting for him?

Barry once again refusing to fess up and blaming it on somebody else, what a tool

greatest player in history my ass, what a fraud and a cheater..... EXPOSED! hahahha

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds' reported positive test for amphetamines last season could be another snag in contract negotiations with the San Francisco Giants.

News of the failed test, reported Thursday in the Daily News, is the latest in a long list of allegations surrounding the slugger, who will face more questions this season about whether he used performance-enhancing drugs in his pursuit of Hank Aaron's home run record.

According to the report, Bonds failed an amphetamines test in 2006 and then blamed it on a teammate. The New York City newspaper reported that when first informed of the positive result, Bonds attributed it to a substance he had taken from utilityman Mark Sweeney's locker.

Just when everybody thought the Giants were getting along well for a change.

Bonds is set to begin his 15th season with the Giants only 22 home runs shy of passing Aaron's career record of 755.

The Giants and Bonds reached a preliminary agreement on a $16 million, one-year contract Dec. 7, the final day of baseball's winter meetings. But the seven-time NL MVP still hasn't signed the deal or taken the mandatory physical that is part of the process.

The sides have been working to finalize complicated language in the contract that concerns the left fielder's compliance with team rules, as well as what would happen if he were to be indicted or have other legal troubles.

Giants owner Peter Magowan and executive vice president Larry Baer did not immediately return calls for comment Thursday. Neither did Bonds' agent, Jeff Borris, Sweeney or his agent, Barry Axelrod. Borris has repeatedly declined to comment on specifics of the negotiations.

San Francisco's brass and fan base long have stood by Bonds through his off-the-field problems and injuries. So have his teammates, deciding in spring training last year to support him every step of the way.

"There are so many substances out there right now you don't know what you should take or what you should not," Giants shortstop Omar Vizquel said Thursday. "Right now, I'm afraid to take vitamins for the same reason. You don't know what's going to be positive or what's going to be negative. The best way for players is to stay natural. Anything with chemicals in it can be bad. I know what I do. I don't know what the other guys do, and I don't really care.

"I tell the younger guys, but you don't need to be telling Barry Bonds and Mark Sweeney what they should take or what they should not," he said.

There's a long history of amphetamines -- or speed and more commonly called greenies in the baseball world -- fueling generations of baseball players. Many turned to the stimulants for a way to get pepped up when their bodies couldn't do so on their own during a long season. The pills, widely used even until recently, helped with energy for day games following night games and other times when players were short on sleep, such as after a long cross-country flight.

Baseball banned the uppers for the first time starting last season. A player is not identified until after failing two amphetamines tests, which also results in a 25-game suspension. The first failed steroids test, by comparison, is a 50-game suspension.

A first amphetamines offense, however, does require six additional drug tests over the following six months.

Bonds did not appeal the positive test, according to the Daily News, which said Sweeney learned of Bonds' positive test from players association chief Gene Orza. He told Sweeney, the paper said, that he should remove any troublesome substances from his locker and should not share said substances. Sweeney then said there was nothing of concern in his locker.

Bonds, who has denied using steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs, has long been under the microscope. A federal grand jury is investigating whether he perjured himself when he testified in 2003 in the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative steroid distribution case that he hadn't knowingly taken any performance-enhancing drugs. He told that 2003 grand jury he believed his trainer, Greg Anderson, had given him flaxseed oil and arthritic balm, not steroids.

A major-league source told the San Francisco Chronicle on Thursday that Bonds knew about his failed amphetamines test last season and told several people on the team about it.

Bonds, who's coming off October surgery on his troublesome left elbow, played regularly in 2006 -- 130 games -- even appearing in day games that followed night games, which he typically used to sit out. He trimmed up after carrying extra weight early in the year and seemed to bounce back well from minor injuries.

After missing all but 14 games in 2005 following three operations on his right knee, Bonds batted .270 with 26 homers and 77 RBIs in 367 at-bats in 2006. He passed Babe Ruth to move into second place on the career home run list May 28.

Bonds has spent 14 of his 21 big-league seasons with San Francisco and helped the Giants draw 3 million fans in all seven seasons at their waterfront ballpark. The club is counting on him to be part of the hype leading up to its hosting of the All-Star Game in July.

Bonds said he noticed an improved vibe in the clubhouse last season with the additions of Steve Finley, Sweeney and Todd Greene. The slugger was more sociable too, playing cards or chess with his teammates or trainers before games -- and even making a rare appearance in the team photo.

Bonds and Sweeney appeared to be good friends, with Sweeney speaking to the slugger by phone recently this offseason.

"This year we had the best chemistry on the team. I felt like the team was clicking," Vizquel said. "It's sad a stupid instance like this might rupture something that was going pretty good. I don't think the players will turn on each other. We are a veteran team. We should know what [substance] is good and what is bad."

“ There are so many substances out there right now you don't know what you should take or what you should not. Right now, I'm afraid to take vitamins for the same reason. ”
  — Giants shortstop Omar Vizquel

^ look at this retard... people need to stop massaging Barry's sack

WestCoasta

Re: Barry Bonds gets caught up, HA!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:03:23 PM »
this guy AGAIN saying he took some shit he didn't know about

like he didn't learn his lesson from all the other hacks getting caught up

unbelievable

do you have to be mentally retarded to actually buy this guys responses?

thisoneguy360

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 11:09:35 PM »
Fuck Barry Bonds, he was a great player back in the day damn shame he had to go and do all this stupid shit

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 12:58:14 AM »
How can anyone be a fan??

I think it's just way easier for people to dog on him than to give him props for his accomplishments.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 02:44:16 AM »

I think it's just way easier for people to dog on him than to give him props for his accomplishments.

exactly...before any of this steroid shit, was ever brought up he hit 500 hr and had 500 stolen bases..cant take away those accomplishments, nething after that, whatever..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 08:00:50 AM »
Just about everybody is on something. I don't see the point in singling out the few that get caught. I have a few friends that went pretty far in baseball, up to the minors and they'd tell me that everytime they'd be on teams here and there or at tournaments, more people would be juicing up than people that weren't. It's the reality of pro sports. The difference between someone that gets caught and someone that doesn't the guy that doesn't get caught is taking somehting that can beat the test.

WestCoasta

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 03:11:34 PM »

exactly...before any of this steroid shit, was ever brought up he hit 500 hr and had 500 stolen bases..cant take away those accomplishments, nething after that, whatever..

c'mon man stop being bias, even I would piss on his trading card if I was a big fan

doesn't matter what the fuck he did before, he needed to cheat to keep it goin and that doesnt fly with fans who like an honest game

WC Iz Active

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 03:21:56 PM »
^Like I said the whole sport is tainted, why single out Bonds? Just cause you hate him.

Mr. Nice Guy

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 05:00:55 PM »
^Like I said the whole sport is tainted, why single out Bonds? Just cause you hate him.

:sign_werd:

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 06:54:33 PM »

c'mon man stop being bias, even I would piss on his trading card if I was a big fan

doesn't matter what the fuck he did before, he needed to cheat to keep it goin and that doesnt fly with fans who like an honest game

im not. I admitted that he did the shit..But i guarantee half of baseball has as well, who knows what records should and shouldnt stand..

The Best of 3 Worlds

swangin and bangin

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 01:35:51 PM »
barry bonds is a cheating homo and they shuld kick his ass out the league.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 03:25:29 PM »

then kick out half of baseball with him  :-*

The Best of 3 Worlds

swangin and bangin

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 03:27:28 PM »

then kick out half of baseball with him  :-*
agreed