Author Topic: Game, Dre, Pac  (Read 795 times)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Game, Dre, Pac
« on: January 12, 2007, 10:39:32 AM »
why is it okay to praise 2pac all day long but game's gay for talking about dre?

most of the rappers that praise pac all the time hardly knew dude if they knew him at all. Game not only knew dre but is a gangsta rapper from compton in direct musical regional lineage from dre. dude is made legitimate. shit is ridiculous. I often feel like you guys diss Game for praising dre because dre's not a gangsta. like it's okay to praise Pac because he really was a gangster and a criminal and went through all kinds of shit and because dre is just a musician that handled his life right and is alive he's not someone worth praising. I think such double standards are ridiculous. If you wanna hate Game for that shit cool, but you gotta hate every othe rapper ever for doing that same shit with pac and Big.
 Game's just paying dues, some shit most rappers forget to do. when dre dies see how many people do this exact same shit and how many of us will be like 'dude wasn't even down with dre when he was alive and now dude's trying to profit off his death' can't say that about game. down since day 1.

it's not that I care about game that much but to see you guys diss him constantly like that and completely conveniently forget that all your favorite rappers do the same thing is just kind of disgusting.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

thisoneguy360

Re: Game, Dre, Pac
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2007, 04:06:37 PM »
Game's my favorite rapper out and there's nothing wrong with dropping names and paying dues thats his style, I just think it's annoying that he say Dre in every damn song

Blu Lacez

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 04:17:09 PM »
yeah...true...he drops Dre's name everytime..i guess he is just promoting Dre..
But at the same time..he mite just be letting folks know that he is stilll cool with Dre-i don't know..
Snoop did it for awhile....now he don't..
Eminem often drops Dre's name over soem of his rhymes..

REGIME MOB 510

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 04:19:24 PM »
game's style is good and is workin for him, everyone who talks shit about game, is just a hater

-Y

thisoneguy360

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 04:30:43 PM »
yeah...true...he drops Dre's name everytime..i guess he is just promoting Dre..
But at the same time..he mite just be letting folks know that he is stilll cool with Dre-i don't know..
Snoop did it for awhile....now he don't..
Eminem often drops Dre's name over soem of his rhymes..

Yeah I know what you mean but Game just does it too much, I love the DA but it does get annoying how much Dre's name is said on the cd

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 04:40:56 PM »
I used to like it because he did it in a nice metaphor way (like they did on every episode of "The Steve Harvey Show").  But now he's going too far with it...

"You would do it if my name was Dre"
"I graduated from Dre school top of my class"
"Still got Dr. Dre lowriden in the 6-4"
"Hey Dre...I see dead people"
"Remember that Dre, you passed me the torch"
"Take a picture with Dre then you gotta fuck me"

^ it's just too much. Not to mention that he's doing it all over his mixtapes AND albums.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 04:44:41 PM »
Pac >>> Game, that's why lol
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nasty Nem

• 'G'
  • HOV
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 04:45:27 PM »
game wouldn't be shit without dre

his son will probably never have to work in his lifetime, because of dre

food for thoughts niggaz

and ya don't stop

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2007, 04:47:16 PM »
Artists did not do that with Pac or BIG for that matter until after they died. And besides the Outlawz maybe other rappers only did a couple bars about Pac. It just seems more like Stan shit from Game because it is every other line and Dre is still here. And the fact that Dre has not addressed ANYTHING since the beef started makes all the name dropping suspect to me. But give Game some time, he will probably be dissing Dre soon.

Layeth THe Smacketh Down

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 05:00:51 PM »
I just see all the name dropping as a way of paying respect, and aint nothing wrong with that.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 06:17:10 PM »

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 06:23:13 PM »
doesn't anyone remember that thread of all of the name dropping he did on 'the documentary'? i think DA is 100 times better than the documentary because he name drops about 99 times less than the documentary

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 07:10:22 PM »
I'm not really irritated by the constant Dr. Dre name drops on Doctor's Advocate. I thought that was part of his whole concept, a tribute album? Game got producers to imitate Dre's sound from his N.W.A. era, G-Funk era and 2001 era; Game imitated Dre's voice and flow on songs too. As I said before even though the concept is extremely stannish it provided Game with a sort of direction to follow and that resulted in being a great album.

lolpol

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2007, 07:18:57 PM »
game's style is good and is workin for him, everyone who talks shit about game, is just a hater

-Y

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 10:05:04 PM »
I'm not really irritated by the constant Dr. Dre name drops on Doctor's Advocate. I thought that was part of his whole concept, a tribute album? Game got producers to imitate Dre's sound from his N.W.A. era, G-Funk era and 2001 era; Game imitated Dre's voice and flow on songs too. As I said before even though the concept is extremely stannish it provided Game with a sort of direction to follow and that resulted in being a great album.

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram