Author Topic: Timbo stealing beats..?  (Read 649 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Timbo stealing beats..?
« on: January 14, 2007, 08:00:46 AM »

Elevz

Re: Timbo stealing beats..?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »
Re-playing/re-creating a sample isn't exactly stealing though, is it?

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 08:46:54 AM »
Even if he does, his beats are the shit at the moment, thats all I care about.

Dubz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 09:05:17 AM »
the european dude could at least try to contact geffen. if he just sits there waiting for something to happen, why should it?

Chief

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 10:20:52 AM »
i dont buy it... but if it comes out to be true, i'll lose respect for timbo, credit should always be given.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 11:43:02 AM »
Even if he does, his beats are the shit at the moment, thats all I care about.

you dont care if he is ripping off other producers? cheating is never the way to go...

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Chief

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 11:57:47 AM »
the thing is the track could have been created 2 weeks ago for all we know, it was never published or officially released.

there is no proof posted of the songs existence in 2000.

Diabolical

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 11:58:12 AM »
^Very true.

It is if you don't credit/pay the original artist. There must be an easy explanation for it, how do we know the Finnish guy wrote all the music and didn't sample something else himself. It's a bit strange how out of all the people in the world who heard it, probably about 30 & that's being generous lol, that Timbo managed to hear it and make it a hit song.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 12:06:34 PM »
^ yeah thats true. i guess we will see how this plays out.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 12:15:17 PM »
^Very true.

It is if you don't credit/pay the original artist. There must be an easy explanation for it, how do we know the Finnish guy wrote all the music and didn't sample something else himself. It's a bit strange how out of all the people in the world who heard it, probably about 30 & that's being generous lol, that Timbo managed to hear it and make it a hit song.

maybe he sent timbo a beat cd, in a effort to get a job with him .

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Chief

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 01:18:31 PM »
^nope, dudes are just strait out claimin the beat.

Diabolical

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 04:04:20 PM »
^Very true.

maybe he sent timbo a beat cd, in a effort to get a job with him .

If he did he must have some more, or at least the file on computer, so proving he owns the copyright will be easy.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Timbaland's been stealing beats from Bollywood for years now. His whole sound is even less original than G Funk. At least when Dre took his style from the old funk records they sounded updated. The movie scores Timbaland would take sound just as polished as Timbo's versions.

Of course as a producer he is just supposed to get the best he can out of an artist and not be a composer. I don't care for his production but it's got nothing to do with whether or not he can compose or not because that's not his job. He's the type of producer that worries more about making those "hot tracks" for comercial use and clubs than making a complete album that comes together and makes sense, and says something artistic, both lyrically and musically. Those are the type of producers I prefer. Sadly you don't find any in hip hop, and you don't find many more anywhere else these days.

Chief

« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 06:27:47 AM »
At least when Dre took his style from the old funk records they sounded updated.

::)