Author Topic: Timbo stealing beats..?  (Read 651 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Timbo stealing beats..?
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 07:15:38 AM »
At least when Dre took his style from the old funk records they sounded updated.

::)

You don't think the Chronic and Doggystyle sounded a lot more modern and slicker than the old Parliament Funk and George Clinton records? (I'm not saying the newer stuff was better art, just slicker production).

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »
WHENEVER a producer hits it big, someone comes out of nowhere claiming that they deserve some compensation. Just like whenever a musician, athlete or any successful person makes it big, there's someone trying to take their credit.

My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Chief

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2007, 06:02:09 AM »
At least when Dre took his style from the old funk records they sounded updated.

::)

You don't think the Chronic and Doggystyle sounded a lot more modern and slicker than the old Parliament Funk and George Clinton records? (I'm not saying the newer stuff was better art, just slicker production).

some of the songs dre sampled were pretty much exactly the same as the original. more similar than this accusation.

Matty

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2007, 07:35:48 AM »
i'd have to strongly disagree with anyone who thinks that timbo's beats often sound too similar or the same to the samples he uses. i got a whole grip of mixtapes showing the samples he uses and he is extremely creative in the way he uses them, always layering extra instruments and complicated drum loops on top perfectly and completely transforming obscure melodies...

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »

Excellent job.  Timbo keep ripping them dudes, cuz I would have never heard this awesome shit before.  No samples used!

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 11:46:27 AM »
the thing is the track could have been created 2 weeks ago for all we know, it was never published or officially released.

there is no proof posted of the songs existence in 2000.

" "Acidjazzed Evening" competed in Oldschool Music Compo at Assembly 2000 in Helsinki, infront of more than 4000 people (voters) and won the competition. There are good documents on this." said Tempest

You can read more his comments regarding to AE plagirization at
http://digg.com/music/Timbaland_ripped_off_a_track_from_my_buddy

I hope he can stack enough money to sue Timbo's phony ass.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Chief

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 05:00:13 AM »
^look if dude did get his beat stolen, then he should try get some royalties off the beat. that's bullshit they wont sue because of the cost, if they take the case to a lawyer and the lawyer believes they have a strong case they will front the bill.

everlast1986

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2007, 12:50:16 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of crybabies to me. What he did has been done 100,000 times before. Almost everyone that samples does it.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 06:08:25 PM »
lol they gave that dude some money under the table.

Chief

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2007, 10:24:16 AM »
^huh?