Author Topic: Fuck the Eagles shirt shown on tv during game  (Read 104 times)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Fuck the Eagles shirt shown on tv during game
« on: January 15, 2007, 04:47:14 PM »
Anyone see this during the game?

Here comes the FCC.

I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

rik

Re: Fuck the Eagles shirt shown on tv during game
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2007, 05:46:56 PM »
Here comes the FCC? A fan was wearing it. It's not like a player or a memember of the production team was wearing it.

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2007, 05:56:38 PM »
I really wish people would stop acting like they get so offended when something like this comes up.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2007, 05:57:22 PM »
Anyone see this during the game?

Here comes the FCC.

Yeah i noticed it...there is nothing Fox could have done about that, it was live and shit..and so Quick most people probably didnt notice..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 07:38:25 PM »
It looks like Fox was seeking this out:

At the 8:37 mark in the first quarter, New Orleans defenders broke up a pass intended for a Philly wide receiver.
After the replay, the Fox cameras cut to the stands, showing New Orleans fans celebrating.
One young woman (note I do not call her a "lady") was wearing a t-shirt reading "F**K DA EAGLES." Except her shirt had letters where the asterisks are.
Fox is in court right now challenging the FCC's right to police the airwaves for indecency. Networks have argued that too many FCC fines for indecency have been for fleeting instances of profanity or indecency and on live TV, where the networks have no control over the actions of those they televise.
But this instance was neither fleeting nor live: The profane word was not said, it was WRITTEN on the TV screen on her t-shirt for five seconds. The TiVo evidence is indisputable.
Moreover, it was not live: The Fox cameras recorded her celebrating when the play happened and aired it during the replay. In other words, Fox directors CHOSE to air the profane word.
Whether the government should have the ability to police the airwaves is an issue for the courts. But Fox -- and by extension, all the networks -- do themselves no favors by choosing to air material that is in slam-dunk violation of FCC rules. It's equivalent to flipping a vulgar hand sign at the government. And to many viewers, as well, who doubtless are watching this game with their children.
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!