Author Topic: Michael Turner  (Read 571 times)

"THE" MoSav

Michael Turner
« on: January 16, 2007, 01:28:17 PM »
Is an Unrestricted Free Agent this offseason and will be one of the top guys on the Market, he will def be a #1 next year somewhere...Where will he end up? Possible options i think are

Browns- Ruben Droguhns is there 1 right now, LOL nuff said. He could start right away.
Jets- No True #1 Leon Washington has showed signs but way to incosistent and LOL@ Barlow even getting carries.
Lions- Kevin Jones is never healthy and just not very good.
Raiders- Lamont Jordan could def be replaced especailly since coming off an injury...
Texans- No team I MEAN NO TEAM should EVER EVER EVER have Ron Dayne as there #1 (and dont use the Colts game as an argument for him, the guys not a #1 by ANY MEANS, sure he could fill in here and there but who couldnt?)

Any other suitors i didnt think of? Every other team seems pretty set when it comes to RB, those were the only five i could think of..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Michael Turner
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 01:57:32 PM »
The jets want the burner hella bad. id be shocked if he isn't in a jets jersey next year
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 02:02:07 PM »
S.D. backup a
real head Turner

By RICH CIMINI
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

The Jets have cobbled together a respectable running game without a true No. 1 back, but they need an every-down runner with home-run potential to reduce the pressure on Chad Pennington and lift the offense to another level. They have only five runs of 20-plus yards.
Remember this name: Michael Turner.

He's LaDainian Tomlinson's backup, so you probably don't know much about him, but the Jets do. Turner will be a restricted free agent after the season, and league insiders believe the Jets will be in hot pursuit.

The 5-10, 237-pound Turner has good size and speed, evidenced by his gaudy per-carry average (5.9 yards for his career). He has only 58 rushes this season, including five in the 20-plus category - same as the Jets.

The Jets have an insider's knowledge of Turner, 24, because offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer was on the Chargers' staff for Turner's first two seasons.

The Chargers will put a first-round tender on him and will have the right of first refusal, but they will have to let him go to the highest bidder because they can't afford to pay Turner and Tomlinson. The Jets have the ammunition to make a deal because they own two second-round picks in 2007.

HERM SWEET HERM: If the Jets go into the final week at 9-6, tied with the Jaguars for the last wild-card spot, it would create a delicious scenario. They'd be rooting for Herm Edwards, whom they divorced after last season, to beat the Jaguars. The Jets, who lost to the Jaguars in October, would lose the head-to-head tiebreaker, so they'd have to finish a game ahead of them. The Jaguars visit Kansas City for the finale and the Jets face the wretched Raiders at home. ...In three career games in a dome, Chad Pennington has eight touchdowns, one interception and a 124.3 rating. ... Count Bills LT Jason Peters among those who believe Jets LB Jonathan Vilma isn't suited to the 3-4. After holding Vilma to one tackle, Peters told Jets Confidential: "I got up on him a couple of times. He doesn't like it when somebody gets up on him and blocks him. He's more of a sideline-to-sideline, fill-the-gap kind of guy. He's more of a 4-3 guy. The 3-4, I don't know. It's going to be hard for him to make plays in the 3-4."

Originally published on December 13, 2006

I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:08:59 PM »
^^YUP! i told you the Jets would be very interested...I think they should make a hard push for them, they have a good pass game.Getting Turner could make them EVEN better...and they were a playoff team.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 09:16:56 PM »
I tihnk Green Bay Packers will sign him.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 10:21:07 PM »

you think so? Why?
I agree Green is wearing down. but what makes you think the Packers?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 07:26:56 AM »

you think so? Why?
I just think the packers are growing of youth and i think aman green only signed a 1 year contract last year....but i could be wrong...if the packers dont sign him the next runner up could be the jets...also the Baltimore Ravens are tihnking of cutting Jamal Lewis soo things could get interesting over there and they could maybe try getting Michael Turner.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:08:13 AM »

you think so? Why?
I just think the packers are growing of youth and i think aman green only signed a 1 year contract last year....but i could be wrong...if the packers dont sign him the next runner up could be the jets...also the Baltimore Ravens are tihnking of cutting Jamal Lewis soo things could get interesting over there and they could maybe try getting Michael Turner.
Turner could REALLY put the Ravens over the top...I think the Ravens should push hard for him...If he stays in SD hes an idiot...

The Best of 3 Worlds

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:45:51 PM »
I say he ends up with the Giants or the Ravens.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 11:54:08 AM »

I think the Giants might give Jacobs more of a permanent role
The Ravens would be good

The Best of 3 Worlds

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 02:54:17 PM »

The Ravens would be good
yea Giants have Jacobs who will most liket be the starter in NY and him and Turner are very Similar as well

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 05:22:26 PM »
would be nice for the packers to pick him up.... green is done

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 11:29:02 PM »

The Ravens would be good
yea Giants have Jacobs who will most liket be the starter in NY and him and Turner are very Similar as well

not really, Turner is a burner hes more of an outside runner. Jacobs is a powerhouse...

The Best of 3 Worlds