Author Topic: Lakers beat the Spurs...Anyone think they're not ELITE yet?  (Read 1360 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Lakers beat the Spurs...Anyone think they're not ELITE yet?
« on: January 17, 2007, 08:56:44 PM »
No Odom, no Kwame...Lakers still take the season series from the Spurs with a win tonight at San Antonio. That means out of the contending teams, we've beaten:

Phoenix
Dallas
Utah (twice)
Houston (twice)
San Antonio (twice)
Chicago
Orlando (twice)
Miami (<<I'll throw this one in there since they're the "champions".)

So tell me, does ANYONE out there question our elite status yet? Being considered contenders, in my eyes, is now pretty much a lock...What did I tell you suckaz?! 8)

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
Re: Lakers beat the Spurs...Anyone think they're not ELITE yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 08:57:30 PM »
Elite yes. championship bound No
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:58:26 PM »
long season NIK...There gonna have to probably beat Dallas, and that might be too much to overcome  8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

swangin and bangin

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 09:01:36 PM »
the lakers are good, i dont like them but those maufuckas are good, there well coached and have good athelets and have a great athlete

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:20:54 PM »
^^^u be saying LAKERS AINT GOOD....but now u saying they good n shit come on lake :nawty:

swangin and bangin

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:23:18 PM »
^^^u be saying LAKERS AINT GOOD....but now u saying they good n shit come on lake :nawty:
i say how i hate them deeply and hate on their players, and how there all a bunch of faggots, but i admit always that there faggots that are good at playing basketball!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 09:24:13 PM »
great win tonight, and I look forward to seeing them in the playoffs. It's hard to come out of the playoffs as the champion, especially with as young as a team as they have. But they have a chance to make some noise, and give some teams a tough time, and might pull off an upset or two in the playoffs, and really, that's all you can ask this year. This is how titles are won, yes dominate teams like the Bulls, Spurs and Lakers have won, but scrappy teams like the '04 Pistons and '95 Rockets have won too, so if you can pull an upset or two, you could be in line to win a title, and that's the way they ball bounces. Really, that's all you can ask.

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 09:28:10 PM »
i say how i hate them deeply and hate on their players, and how there all a bunch of faggots, but i admit always that there faggots that are good at playing basketball!
they aint FAGGOTS only cause we play good we dont have to be faggots about it u be hatin,,,,but i dont even trip cause it always haterz everywhere ;)

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 09:30:22 PM »
Better question, does anyone still have an excuse as to why Kobe doesn't deserve the MVP? 13 games over .500 no Kwame...no Odom, NO SHAQ. His points are down but his teammates points are up, his assists are up, his field goal percentage is up.

Elite yes. championship bound No

I still agree. This just isn't the season.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 09:31:01 PM »
long season NIK...There gonna have to probably beat Dallas, and that might be too much to overcome  8)

We beat Dallas without Odom and Kwame! Kobe alone owns Dallas, remember 62-61?... :laugh:

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 09:35:38 PM »
No Odom, no Kwame...Lakers still take the season series from the Spurs with a win tonight at San Antonio. That means out of the contending teams, we've beaten:

Phoenix
Dallas
Utah (twice)
Houston (twice)
San Antonio (twice)
Chicago
Orlando (twice)
Miami (<<I'll throw this one in there since they're the "champions".)

So tell me, does ANYONE out there question our elite status yet? Being considered contenders, in my eyes, is now pretty much a lock...What did I tell you suckaz?! 8)

Are we elite? Yes!

We have just as good of a chance of taking the crown as anyone. Once Odom and Kwame get back, we'll be in really good position.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
Man I thought the Lakers had a chance at the Finals last year so OF COURSE I think we're headed there this year. Plus everyone knows the Lakers step up their game in the playoffs.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 10:12:55 PM »
The Lakers are not Elite yet but we are oh so close to it. I still cannot see them beating the spurs in a 7 game series but we can pretty much handle the rest.Dallas is the top team  right now they have Defense and Offense and yet i fear the spurs more in a series than the Mavs.The Suns are good but i think we can beat them.I think we will see just how good the lakers really are Tomorrow night vs THe Mavs in the back to back games with 2 of the top 4 teams.If we beat the Mavs also after just defeating the Spurs at their respected homes they better get their fucking respect.Its going to be hard for them though but THe Mavs just have a hard time playing the lakers.

wcsoldier

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 10:21:21 PM »
We can beat any top team 4 sure on a regular basis... even if the season is long and each team has his ups and downs, I can't stand these losses against ¨Portland, Memphis....  but , outside that I'm very confident  8)

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 10:32:26 PM »
yeah i hate those fucking loses too.That just kills the Lakers home Court come playoff time but it just one of the few things the Lakers have to overcome if they want to be champions again.