Author Topic: Joell Ortiz About To Release His New Album The Brick  (Read 49 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Joell Ortiz About To Release His New Album The Brick
« on: January 19, 2007, 05:32:42 AM »
KOCH Records announces the release of the debut album by Brooklyn’s own Joell Ortiz. The Brick (Bodega Chronicles) will be released on April 24th, 2007. Having earned a loyal following from his lyrically-driven mixtape performances, Ortiz is poised to make an impact with this highly-anticipated debut. The Brick (Bodega Chronicles) also features Immortal Technique, MOP, Ras Kass, Noyd, Graph and Stimuli, plus production by The Alchemist, Showbiz (DITC), Fame of M.O.P., Moss and more.

Ortiz’s single, “Brooklyn” got significant airplay on New York’s Hot 97, and Ortiz has been featured on mixtapes by Tony Touch, Stretch Armstrong, DJ Whoo Kid, and DJ Kay Slay.

The first single off of The Brick (Bodega Chronicles) is “Hip Hop,” and it will be serviced to urban radio shortly.

Ortiz says, ““I love this album because I made it while I was going through the industry bull**** of trying to get signed and some tough times, personally. It’s full of pain and rage and you can hear it. It’s a soundtrack to the hood version of David vs. Goliath. That’s the best way to describe it. If you’ve ever gone through some rough waters, this album is for you. It’s the common man’s music. Industry people, so-called ‘cool guys’ and ‘posers,’ don’t get this music and they never will. It’s not for them. It’s for us.”

The Source highlighted Ortiz in its “Unsigned Hype” spot, saying, “Joell Ortiz is well on his way…” while XXL recently wrote “His future is looking anything but so-so.”
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com