Author Topic: Russia sees Muslim population boom  (Read 310 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Russia sees Muslim population boom
« on: January 19, 2007, 03:01:03 PM »

Russia sees Muslim population boom

By  Jonah Hull

The Muslim population could outnumber
ethnic Russians within 30 years

Low domestic birth rates and rising immigration from the former Soviet republics have produced an explosive growth in Russia's Muslim community.

At the same time Russia's overall population is in crisis. Short life spans and low birth rates among ethnic Russians mean the population is declining by 700,000 people a year.

The return of long-denied religious freedoms in Russia has seen Islam flourish. As a result, many ethnic Russians fear their country is losing its national identity.

There are around 25 million Muslims in Russia today, a rise of 40 per cent since 1989.

By 2020, with the continued growth rate, Muslims will account for one-fifth of the entire population.

Immigration

Their numbers continue to grow, fed by immigration from largely Muslim, former Soviet republics in the North Caucasus and Central Asia.

Islamic leaders have said that Russia is a haven for Muslim immigrants, keen to work and build on their growing community, and they discount the rise of hostile nationalist sentiment.

"When they say Russia is for Russians, it’s a mistaken path that could lead to the break-up of the Russian Federation"

Damir Gizatullin, Council of Muftis

Damir Gizatullin, from the Council of Muftis, said: "Some irresponsible politicians want to achieve electoral success by creating nationalist waves.

"When they say Russia is for Russians, it's a mistaken path that could lead to the break-up of the Russian Federation."

Many ethnic Russians are terrified at the prospect of becoming a minority in their own country.

Alexander Belov, from the Movement Against Illegal Immigration, said: "History is a fight between races and religions.

"It's the law of nature ... people are used to being with people like themselves, speaking the language their mothers taught them."

The Orthodox Church, restored since the Soviet collapse, remains dominant in Russia.

But with the rise of Islam, coupled with the negative growth in Russia's ethnic Slav population, dramatic change is under way.

If the trend continues, the Muslim population could outnumber ethnic Russians within 30 years.

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/F8C5F608-FA29-4BB3-A7CA-A6F05B98BE23.htm
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Russia sees Muslim population boom
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 03:02:14 PM »
lol @ islams revenge coming through fucking

so 30 yrs from now russia and israel will be interesting case studies indeed

keep pumpin away boys

dick > ak47
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 04:12:53 PM »
That is very disturbing indeed. But it also pretty pathetic that Islamic culture is so backwards that Muslims flee by the millions to live in Christian countries.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 04:36:15 PM »
The return of long-denied religious freedoms in Russia has seen Islam flourish. As a result, many ethnic Russians fear their country is losing its national identity.

and something like this just NEEDS to be prevented, becuz russian culture is soooooooo much superior to any other culture in the world...omfg!
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 05:07:20 PM »

and something like this just NEEDS to be prevented, becuz russian culture is soooooooo much superior to any other culture in the world...omfg!

Obviously Russian culture is superior to the God foresaken Muslim countries that these immigrants are coming from.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »
^^isnt it  great then? some people percieve russia as a better place for them to reside, so they move. whats the big deal?
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:53:22 PM »
russia is quite possibly the most useless nation in the world right now

witness the polack, so deeply humiliated and broken down by his mothers vicious thrashing at the hands of a soviet embassy official, that he still gives them props. your lack of balls and manhood disgusts me

- Lewis Carroll

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 09:25:56 PM »

witness the polack, so deeply humiliated and broken down by his mothers vicious thrashing at the hands of a soviet embassy official, that he still gives them props. your lack of balls and manhood disgusts me

That is amazing considering my mothers grandparents were born in Ireland.

Sparegeez

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:31:53 PM »

That is amazing considering my mothers grandparents were born in Ireland.

I'm Irish too

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 07:49:46 AM »

hm, how do you define a useless nation?
[J-Live]

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 02:33:01 PM »
russia is drippin with wack juice and they cant get it off

i dont know where to start

hundreds of people dying from bootleg vodka

pathetic attempts at reclaiming old glory. how the mighty ussr is now reduced to poisining ex spies and any politician that dares to move their country out of russias stranglehold.

look at its leaders over the last 20 yrs

look at the state of govt in russia right now

when youre biggest economy is fuckin bootleg, youre wack.

smh @ china going from little brother to big homie, leapfrogging over russias stumbling slow ass.

what has russias biggest accomplishment been in the last 15 yrs? taking over pristina airport? carpet bombing Grozny?

- Lewis Carroll

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 02:58:48 PM »

pathetic attempts at reclaiming old glory. how the mighty ussr is now reduced to poisining ex spies and any politician that dares to move their country out of russias stranglehold.

smh @ china going from little brother to big homie, leapfrogging over russias stumbling slow ass.

what has russias biggest accomplishment been in the last 15 yrs? taking over pristina airport? carpet bombing Grozny?

ah ok, u meant nation as in political establishment.

btw, what does "smh" mean?
[J-Live]

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 04:41:20 PM »

All that, and yet Muslims are stlil flocking to live there.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 04:44:48 PM by Real American »

Chief

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2007, 07:02:32 AM »
That is very disturbing indeed. But it also pretty pathetic that Islamic culture is so backwards that Muslims flee by the millions to live in Christian countries.

Russia isn't christian.

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2007, 09:05:38 AM »

Russia isn't christian.

tho russia is mostly orthodox christian.
[J-Live]