Author Topic: Offical NFL Draft Thread  (Read 589 times)

Lunatic

Re: Offical NFL Draft Thread
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2007, 05:14:33 PM »
we made RB Chris Henry our 2nd round pick. It seems like a cool pick, but like the analysts said, there's not much of a track record on him. He lost his starting job as a senior, and only gained it back with 6 games to go. So this pick seems to be coming off the last 6 games of the last season, and the fact that his 40 yard dash was incredible. He seems like my kind of guy, a big back, that could also blaze you with speed. Problem is he has poor vision (finding the holes). That is something that could come with experience, or then agian may not.

so far analysts really questioning our selections though :-\
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 06:51:09 PM by Lunatic 63 »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lunatic

« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2007, 07:48:05 PM »
Took WR Paul Williams 3rd round. Seems like a bad pick as well, as people are questioning if the kid even wants to play football. They say he doesn't have any emotion whatsoever. It's a shame because he's very big, with long arms, and good arm extension. They also say part of the reason that he seems depressed is that he was moved from CB to WR, and defense is what he loves. So maybe giving him the oppourtunity to play CB instead could re-juvanate him, and i don't mind that at all since we need a CB as well.

As for WR, the trade with for Mike Williams fell through, but I am certain will acquire Justin Mccariens tomorrow

Real American

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
Great day for my Browns...Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, and Eric Eazy-E Wright.

Lunatic

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2007, 10:37:54 PM »
Great day for my Browns...Joe Thomas, Brady Quinn, and Eric Eazy-E Wright.

lol, was indeed a good day 2 be a browns fan

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2007, 11:00:57 PM »
JaMonster was expected, but Mike William and Josh McCown was a very good added bonus. McCown allows Russell to grow, well Williams gets to finally mature as an NFL player next to Porter and Curry. Rumor that Moss leaves tomorrow (Sunday). I hope we get some talented young linemen, and in one offseason, the Raiders become a young team on the uprise. Williams, McCown, Russell, lets not forget Dominic Rhodes signed on, things are looking real good. In one day, I now have great faith in my team.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2007, 12:17:58 PM »
From Heisman winner to last pick in the 5th round. You can't feel too hot if you're Troy Smith.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2007, 07:40:17 PM »
From Heisman winner to last pick in the 5th round. You can't feel too hot if you're Troy Smith.

Sadly I think he may get the Doug Flutie treatment and end up playing my fair city, Toronto. Although I'd love to see him play live for as little as 10 bucks I hope he shows everyone wrong. I mean he's on Baltimore so if he gets a chance to start via someone else's inuries there's a good chance they'd do amazing anyway thank to the defense. We'll wait and see.

I also can't believe Quinn went so late. I though Leinart going late last year was bad but this was unexpected. I guess no one really needed a QB except Oakland (and Miami, don't know what they were thinking). Cleveland could end up doing some damage in the coming years though.

Sparegeez

« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2007, 07:58:28 PM »
I'm not trying to be biased but the Niners had one of the top draft picks this year. Top 3 for sure.

LB Patrick Willis(1)- next ray lewis
OT Joe Staley(1)- solid started and has the potentiol to become a probowler
WR Jason Hill(3)- One of the fastest 40's in the combine and he performed well in the pac-10
DT Ray McDonald(3)- solid started in a few years
DE/OLB Jay Moore(4)- good pickup with great potentiol
S/CB Dashon Goldson(4)- Great athlete that reminds me of a Tony Parish in his prime
DT Joe Cohen(4)- A monster NT that could rotate with Franklin
CB Tarrell Brown(5)- Could have been a second rounder if it wasn't for his character issues
RB Thomas Clayton(6)- The strongest guy I've ever seen and could be a good back-up to frank gore, some character issues

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2007, 08:08:09 PM »
^^yea i think both niners and raiders had top 3 drafts
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!