Author Topic: Grizzlies Looking to Deal PAU GASOL...Maybe to the Bulls?  (Read 370 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Grizzlies Looking to Deal PAU GASOL...Maybe to the Bulls?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 12:22:11 PM »
I get the feeling when he said "I want to play for a contender" that was more of a wake up call than a trade request.

Yea, well Memphis just beat Utah in OT last night...Gasol with the fat triple double, Eddie Jones with the game winning shot...

It'd be nice to see Jerry West's team pick it up again, especially cuz I just acquired Gasol on my fantasy team for Curry and Nocioni.

I got Gasol for nothin the day before he came back. He was still under the free agent players!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 12:23:35 PM »
I get the feeling when he said "I want to play for a contender" that was more of a wake up call than a trade request.

Yea, well Memphis just beat Utah in OT last night...Gasol with the fat triple double, Eddie Jones with the game winning shot...

It'd be nice to see Jerry West's team pick it up again, especially cuz I just acquired Gasol on my fantasy team for Curry and Nocioni.

I got Gasol for nothin the day before he came back. He was still under the free agent players!

WTF? Are you in a Special Olympic 3-team league?

d-nice

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 12:24:27 PM »
And looking back for the short time we had Chandler, we gave up Elton Brand for him. So I thought for sure the front office was going to keep him for a long time. I really do not know what went down with the whole Curry situation but I see the damage he is consistently doing now with the Knicks and it like, FUCK! If the Bulls are cold from the perimeter, they can forget it now. We do still get another draft pick from New York in the 1st round but the 2 prized big men (Oden and Noah) will probably be gone by the time we pick.

The 2 prized big men? How 'bout Kevin Durant?...LOL. But yea, if you look deeper into it, just imagine what it COULDA been:

PG Ben Gordon
SG Luol Deng
SF Andres Nocioni
PF Elton Brand
C Eddy Curry

:o :o :o

And lets not forget off the bench- Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Tyrus Thomas etc...Bulls had all the right pieces, they're sill working with some nice pieces, but they really should be stronger than they are right now IMO.

Shit can't believe I forgot him.  ;DnDurant is nice but what position do you think he would play in the NBA?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 12:27:39 PM »
I think he will be playing power forward and maybe small forward, depending on his development and the team he ends up with...Possibly even center.

d-nice

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 12:31:57 PM »
Yeah he is going to be a mismatch at either of those positions on the offensive end. Just wondering what he would do defensively. But I doubt he would be around by the time we picked.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »
Yeah he is going to be a mismatch at either of those positions on the offensive end. Just wondering what he would do defensively. But I doubt he would be around by the time we picked.

Of course not, he's a top 3 pick...But yea, dude is very versatile, he can even play shooting guard!

d-nice

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2007, 12:40:35 PM »

Of course not, he's a top 3 pick...But yea, dude is very versatile, he can even play shooting guard!

Isn't the Knicks 1st Round pick for the Bulls if they finish with one of the worst records like last year? If that is the case, I still do not think that we would land Oden or Durant but if you got a lotto pick ya never know where you might end up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 12:49:10 PM »

Isn't the Knicks 1st Round pick for the Bulls if they finish with one of the worst records like last year? If that is the case, I still do not think that we would land Oden or Durant but if you got a lotto pick ya never know where you might end up.

Yea, I don't see the Knicks landing a top pick though...Your management made one really smart move, and that was getting those picks in the Curry deal. The Knicks thought they'd be playoff bound for years to come after picking up Larry Brown. :laugh:

d-nice

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 12:51:04 PM »
Watch it, that is still a sore subject with Knick fans.  :D

Yeah I don't see them being as bad as last year. Which means no big men for us in the draft.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2007, 12:58:47 PM »

Yeah I don't see them being as bad as last year. Which means no big men for us in the draft.

Knicks are beasting dude, LOL they still aren't going to the playoffs but they're more fun to watch than last year thats for sure

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2007, 01:01:20 PM »

Knicks are beasting dude, LOL they still aren't going to the playoffs but they're more fun to watch than last year thats for sure

Yea...I really think they have a bright future with their nice, young core.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2007, 01:02:55 PM »

Shiet I wish. Nah nobody picked him because he was out till January.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »

That's still absurd, especially since you got him a day before he came back...How many teams in your league man?

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2007, 01:13:05 PM »

That's still absurd, especially since you got him a day before he came back...How many teams in your league man?

I'm in 2 leagues. 1 has 8 players, the one where I stole Pau Gasol has 4. My homie wanted to make a league for the homies that actually watches the games together.

Jakubs

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 11:50:12 PM »
As a Bulls fan I would love to have Gasol. It's nice to hear that Paxson doesn't want to part with Hinrich, Gordon, Deng or Nocioni. The Curry/Chandler thing doesn't really bother me, because Curry still hasn't impressed me. Chandler will probably never improve his offense, and his defense his still not up there with Ben Wallace. The Elton Brand trade bugs the hell out of me. I don't understand trading a 20/10 guy. If we could of had him and Wallace now we'd be set. A little undersized, but Brand gives a nice mid-range shot and an inside scoring presence. If we can land Gasol or Garnett that would be great. I'm willing to part with Thabo and Tyrus, although I would love to see what they can do, but we have plenty of young talent that has already had 3 seasons to gel, and they are just getting acclimated with the team right now. I still think we're the best team in the East when we play up to our potential, the problem is that the Bulls play up to the better opponents and down to the lesser ones. They need to learn how to play at a high level all the time, and close out games. Tonight's win verse Dallas was huge. Defense wins championships, regardless of the sport.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake