Author Topic: The Official 2007 NBA All-Star Thread  (Read 900 times)

rik

Re: The Official 2007 NBA All-Star Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2007, 10:57:33 AM »
this is nothing more than a popularity contest.

EDIT
This has already been said by Da Super Bears but oh well.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 11:00:16 AM by Rik »

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »
did you guys see the new all star jerseys?They are fucking sick.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 03:38:52 PM »
^ they look too much like last years jersey

"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Jakubs

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 03:49:16 PM »
this is nothing more than a popularity contest.

EDIT
This has already been said by Da Super Bears but oh well.

It's all good. Echoing true sentiment is always good.
AKA: bdjac, Da Bears, Fonksta, Return Of Da Bears, Da Supa Bears, Da Bulls, Jake

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »
^ they look too much like last years jersey

they ain't bad, I think I like last years better tho

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 09:48:51 PM »
pretty much wut i expected

The Best of 3 Worlds

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2007, 03:59:24 PM »
They announce the reserves in 1 minute. Come on Mello!

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2007, 04:19:12 PM »
This is utter B.S.! When Kobe retires I'm never watchin the NBA again.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2007, 04:35:58 PM »
LOL@JAKE "no one hates Carmelo".... Leagues leading scorer doesn't make the team, must be a first...:grumpy:

And Lamar should be on there too, hopefully they replace Boozer with him since Boozer probably wont be able to play.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2007, 05:03:00 PM by Now_I_Know »

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2007, 04:58:06 PM »
i'm sure his 15 game suspention had NOTHING to do with him not getting voted on. but i am upset that he is not on there, after shaq carmello is my favorite player in the league and it is a shame that the leading scorer in the league is not starting. but with that said, again, melo not on the team is most likely a direct result of that fight in NY. even charles barkley (a fighter by nature) didn't add him to his reserves because of that suspension,  by next year he'll be on the team if he's on his best behavior. 

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »
LOL@taking Charles Barkley serious. :-X Melo shoulda' been an all-star, suspension or not, he's never made the team and you claimed he was in "the circle of stars the league is promotimg", which is one of the dumbest things anyone who watches basketball can say...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2007, 05:19:03 PM »
LOL@taking Charles Barkley serious. :-X Melo shoulda' been an all-star, suspension or not, he's never made the team and you claimed he was in "the circle of stars the league is promotimg", which is one of the dumbest things anyone who watches basketball can say...PeACe

again i agree he should have been on the team this year, but the suspension hurt his chances

also you have to remember that melo is playing in the western conference

kg
duncan
amare
boozer
marion
odom
brand
randolph
dirk

are all potential all stars to be there as well and of corse someone has to be snubbed

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2007, 05:23:02 PM »
Anthony snubbed when All-Star reserves announcedAssociated Press

NEW YORK -- One bad night may have overshadowed all the good Carmelo Anthony has done this season.

The NBA's leading scorer was not among the seven reserves announced Thursday night for the Western Conference team that will play in the NBA All-Star Game.

Denver teammate Allen Iverson was chosen, extending his streak of All-Star appearances to eight. He started the last seven games while playing for Philadelphia. Anthony, who is averaging 31.3 points but missed 15 games while suspended for his role in the brawl at Madison Square Garden, was the most obvious omission.

Earlier Thursday, Anthony said he hoped his suspension wouldn't prevent him from earning his first All-Star spot.

"I hope no one holds that over my head over anything," he said. "Things happen. One incident like that is held over one person's head, life ain't fair.

"I did my punishment. I could've easily kept my name out there by appealing it and doing other stuff about it, but I just did my 15 games suspension and hopefully put that behind us."

Steve Nash, Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion were all chosen from the Phoenix Suns, but Dirk Nowitzki was the only player picked from the Dallas Mavericks, who have the league's best record. The Mavericks had been hoping Josh Howard would be selected as well.

Detroit and New Jersey had multiple reserves picked for the Feb. 18 game. Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton, who both made their first appearances last season, are going back, and Jason Kidd and Vince Carter will represent the Nets in the game at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center.

Indiana's Jermaine O'Neal and first-timers Dwight Howard of Orlando and Caron Butler of Washington round out the East reserves.

The seven reserves were voted on by the head coaches in their respective conferences. Coaches couldn't vote for their own players, and had to select two forwards, two guards, a center and two players regardless of their position.

The remainder of the West reserves were San Antonio guard Tony Parker and Utah forward Carlos Boozer.

The starters were announced last Thursday. LeBron James, Shaquille O'Neal, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Gilbert Arenas were picked in the East. Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Yao Ming, Tracy McGrady and Kobe Bryant were voted in by fans to start for the est.

Anthony still has a chance to play in Las Vegas. NBA commissioner David Stern will choose a replacement for Yao, who is recovering from a broken bone under his knee, and Boozer also is unavailable because of injury.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2007, 05:28:02 PM »
Hopefully they pick him and Josh Howard.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2007, 05:29:59 PM »
oh they will

if they don't nik is right
if they do i'm right  8)