Author Topic: Most overated player in the NBA..  (Read 902 times)

It's All About 18

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Most overated player in the NBA..
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2007, 07:31:08 AM »
Elton Brand....Get the fuck out here with that have you seen him play.Ginobli is not even an all star player and Wallace well he is known for rebounding and Defense so i wouldnt even put him in this descusion.
Ginobili was all star in 2005...

Citizen-Y

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2007, 12:04:33 PM »
Without T-Mac the Rockets are lottery bound with a terrible record rivaling only the Hawks or Grizzlies. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2007, 12:06:32 PM »
^^Yea, T-Mac was overrated at one point...Not anymore though.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »
Elton Brand , Ginobili, Ben Wallace
Elton Brand!!!!! HAHAHA Get out of here

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2007, 12:45:52 PM »
Ben Walllace EASILY

i don't think so, he's been a tremendous asset for years.

i'd have to say  kevin garnett, yes he is one of the league leaders in rebounds and is a guaranteed 20/10 guy. but seriously he's been the leader of that team for damn near a decade and they havn't done shit under his leadership, it was only until sam cassell took that team over did they do anything....and who got all the credit? KG  :P again he is a good player, but if i was a head coach i'd make him a second fiddle to a better player.

It's not KG cause every player who comes here and plays with him says he is great to work with, and he is probably one of the most selfless players in the league. He'd rather worry about the game than his stats. It's just the fact that Kevin McHale doesn't know how to draft (and they their first round drafts for a decade), so they just can't put together a decent team.

OMG...Keven Garnett? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. KG deserves all the praise he gets

i didn't say kevin garnett wasn't a great player, he's probably no. 1 in player efficiency , i dunno someone check , i wouldn't doubt it

BUT and here's the biggest BUT, you can be the best INDIVIDUAL player in the world, but if you can't win, you're WORTHLESS. now , i know the timberwolves went to the WC finals a couple years ago.....but watching that season....it was sam cassell.. SGT. or whatever they were calling him, making that happen, then you had spree in the background somewhere. but before cassell came in, the wolves fell out of the first round every year, without even a FIGHT. in the WC finals KG got shut down by an injured slow ass, no d havin KARL MALONE. LMAO. the mvp got shut down by that! that's when i lost most of my respect for him.

KG has never been able to make his teammates better
KG has never been able to step up in the big games
KG has never been able to really lead a team
KG is a great player  but i would NOT invest a quarter of a billion dollars into him and have him lead my team for a decade.

Umm...him and his team just beat the Suns....Thats why they say NBA team takes 5 players to make it. Kobe needed Shaq...is he over-rated then? ::)

Your argument is weak. He is not over-rated...he is a great player, BUT HE CAN'T DO IT HIMSELF...NO ONE CAN. <---Point.

remember when the chicago bulls went 72-10? the BEST record ever what were some of the teams that they lost to?

i know one of them was the wack ass toronto raptors. now the raptors played one hell of a game, but it's not like they could sustain that in the playoffs or for the rest of the season for that matter

get my point? i hope so

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Citizen-Y

« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2007, 01:45:33 PM »
Shawn Marion is overrated.  Without a above average point guard he's just another dude in the NBA.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2007, 05:34:48 AM »
Ben Walllace EASILY

i'd have to say  kevin garnett, yes he is one of the league leaders in rebounds and is a guaranteed 20/10 guy. but seriously he's been the leader of that team for damn near a decade and they havn't done shit under his leadership, it was only until sam cassell took that team over did they do anything....and who got all the credit? KG  :P again he is a good player, but if i was a head coach i'd make him a second fiddle to a better player.

It's not KG cause every player who comes here and plays with him says he is great to work with, and he is probably one of the most selfless players in the league. He'd rather worry about the game than his stats. It's just the fact that Kevin McHale doesn't know how to draft (and they their first round drafts for a decade), so they just can't put together a decent team.

OMG...Keven Garnett? That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. KG deserves all the praise he gets

i didn't say kevin garnett wasn't a great player, he's probably no. 1 in player efficiency , i dunno someone check , i wouldn't doubt it

BUT and here's the biggest BUT, you can be the best INDIVIDUAL player in the world, but if you can't win, you're WORTHLESS. now , i know the timberwolves went to the WC finals a couple years ago.....but watching that season....it was sam cassell.. SGT. or whatever they were calling him, making that happen, then you had spree in the background somewhere. but before cassell came in, the wolves fell out of the first round every year, without even a FIGHT. in the WC finals KG got shut down by an injured slow ass, no d havin KARL MALONE. LMAO. the mvp got shut down by that! that's when i lost most of my respect for him.

KG is a great player  but i would NOT invest a quarter of a billion dollars into him and have him lead my team for a decade.

Umm...him and his team just beat the Suns....Thats why they say NBA team takes 5 players to make it. Kobe needed Shaq...is he over-rated then? ::)

Your argument is weak. He is not over-rated...he is a great player, BUT HE CAN'T DO IT HIMSELF...NO ONE CAN. <---Point.

remember when the chicago bulls went 72-10? the BEST record ever what were some of the teams that they lost to?

i know one of them was the wack ass toronto raptors. now the raptors played one hell of a game, but it's not like they could sustain that in the playoffs or for the rest of the season for that matter

get my point? i hope so

I see your point, but your the first person I have ever heard say he;'s over-rated (or something like that). And thats what Im going to leave it at.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Macaframa

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2007, 09:33:47 AM »
Most Overated has to be Andre Kirlienko

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2007, 10:50:05 AM »
Most Overated has to be Andre Kirlienko

Tell me about it...People were calling me crazy for saying Odom was better than him last season, LMFAO.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2007, 12:01:54 PM »
^^Yeah I admit Odom is much better this year than AK47

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #55 on: February 01, 2007, 02:05:14 PM »

It wasnt always that way

The Best of 3 Worlds

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2007, 02:11:16 PM »
Shawn Marion is overrated.  Without a above average point guard he's just another dude in the NBA.

I agree. He's always had great point guards around him. Odom dominated him in the playoffs and as a defender, he's somewhat overrated.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #57 on: February 01, 2007, 02:27:27 PM »

It wasnt always that way

Odom was better than AK last year too, stats don't mean shit. anyone who knows basketball and has watched 'em both play would be able to tell which player has more game...AK is the same player he was last year, his numbers have just gone down because other players are producing more...Odom>>>AK47. I've BEEN saying this, only now it's more evident...PeACe

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #58 on: February 01, 2007, 03:14:01 PM »

It wasnt always that way

Odom was better than AK last year too, stats don't mean shit. anyone who knows basketball and has watched 'em both play would be able to tell which player has more game...AK is the same player he was last year, his numbers have just gone down because other players are producing more...Odom>>>AK47. I've BEEN saying this, only now it's more evident...PeACe

ak47 three four years ago was a beast

The Best of 3 Worlds

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2007, 03:40:42 PM »
Ben Walllace EASILY

get my point? i hope so

I see your point, but your the first person I have ever heard say he;'s over-rated (or something like that). And thats what Im going to leave it at.

naw i've seen a few sports analysts say the same over the years, even now with talks of trading him in the future.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09