Author Topic: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?  (Read 852 times)

GangstaBoogy

So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?
« on: January 26, 2007, 01:26:21 PM »
Seems like it. Every player, columnist, and television anchor are all pulling for Nash again. I don't have a problem with Nash and I always give credit where its due, but...come on. This guy does NOT deserve 3 MVP awards.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
Re: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 01:29:58 PM »
Dirk Nowitzki deserves the MVP.

rik

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 01:37:49 PM »
Dirk Nowitzki Kobe Bryant deserves the MVP.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »
Dirk Nowitzki Kobe Bryant deserves the MVP.
I ment after Kobe. I thought that was already implied. ;D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 01:54:24 PM »
in all fairness to all players

there's only 4 players taht deserve it this year

gilbert arenas
dirk
nash
and kobe

gilbert has an outside chance at winning it depending on what happens the second half of the season
kobe has an better chance at winning it , but depending on what dirk and nash do the second half of the season
now IMO it's between nash and dirk.....those winning streaks are phenominal , right now nash has the edge seeing how he's putting up fucking big numbers with big wins....but again lets just see how the second half of the season rolls til we crown an MVP. but if we were to crown a midseason MVP i can see why THIS year nash could win it. He actually DESERVES IT this year. 2 years ago...shoulda been shaq, last year it should have been kobe. but this year i think it is nash's trophy . again though lets see how the second half of the season goes

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 01:58:06 PM »
Nash has to be the leader for the MVP due to the fact that his team is still winning and he has better stats than the other 2 years when Nash got the MVP.I can see Arenas getting it before Dirk and Kobe even though i think Kobe deserves way more credit then he is getting from the critics.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 02:00:15 PM »
I have  a feeling they will never give the MVP to Kobe, we all know he's the best player anyway but it sucks that he doesn't get his props, If they give it to Nash 3 years in a row there is something wrong with that, I don't think even Jordan won it 3 times in a row

rik

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 02:12:52 PM »
I have  a feeling they will never give the MVP to Kobe, we all know he's the best player anyway but it sucks that he doesn't get his props, If they give it to Nash 3 years in a row there is something wrong with that, I don't think even Jordan won it 3 times in a row

I don't think any player as ever won it three times in a row.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2007, 02:13:44 PM »

actually there's been 2 other players

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
I have  a feeling they will never give the MVP to Kobe, we all know he's the best player anyway but it sucks that he doesn't get his props, If they give it to Nash 3 years in a row there is something wrong with that, I don't think even Jordan won it 3 times in a row

2? Didn't Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, and Larry Bird all win 3 in a row?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2007, 02:48:11 PM »
yep ;)

PLANT

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2007, 02:49:15 PM »

Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain and Larry Bird all won 3 MVPs in a row.  Nash is more deserving of the MVP this year than any previous year he won it.  Career high in PPG, leading the league in Assists, 2nd in the league in 3 point percentage.  Not to mention hes been the catlylist for 2, 15 game winning streaks (only 4 teams to do that in NBA histroy) an all those teams went on to win the title.  You could make cases for Kobe and Dirk too, but halfway thru, Id still pick Nash.  The only problem that I have with Arenas is that he could have huge games and the Wizards will lose sometimes.  He just scored 33 against Nash' Suns and the Wizards still got blown out by Pheonix when Nash had 28 points and 14 assists.

rik

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 02:49:31 PM »

I stand corrected.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2007, 03:11:28 PM »
I have  a feeling they will never give the MVP to Kobe, we all know he's the best player anyway but it sucks that he doesn't get his props, If they give it to Nash 3 years in a row there is something wrong with that, I don't think even Jordan won it 3 times in a row

Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain and Larry Bird all won 3 MVPs in a row.  Nash is more deserving of the MVP this year than any previous year he won it.  Career high in PPG, leading the league in Assists, 2nd in the league in 3 point percentage.  Not to mention hes been the catlylist for 2, 15 game winning streaks (only 4 teams to do that in NBA histroy) an all those teams went on to win the title.  You could make cases for Kobe and Dirk too, but halfway thru, Id still pick Nash.  The only problem that I have with Arenas is that he could have huge games and the Wizards will lose sometimes.  He just scored 33 against Nash' Suns and the Wizards still got blown out by Pheonix when Nash had 28 points and 14 assists.

Yeah but Phoenix is doing the same thing they've been doing. They're always going to lead the league in scoring, assists, fg%, win a lot of games, then lose in the 3rd round of the playoffs. If that's the case then he's the MVP for the next 5 years. Give that shiet to Dirk or Kobe.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2007, 03:31:34 PM »
Nash probably deserves it this year, but what about the past 2 years they just gave it to him over more deserving players, Dirk is also a strong candidate look at their record and he's never won one why not give it to him?