Author Topic: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?  (Read 851 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »
This would be pathetic, Nash does not deserve to be placed in a category with the other 3 time MVPs, IMO he's not even the best on his team!...With that being said, the media will still give it to him, seeing how the MVP award has been a popularity contest for some time now anyways...PeACe

oh god quit being bias.....they're not going to say "we can't give it to nash for the third year in a row because he's not as good as wilt. bird. or russle" lol no one in the league is .  the mvp is the player who means the most to his team an did the most with that team......with the mavs and the suns being the two best teams in the league....it's of corse going to be a closer race between dirk and nash  than kobe.  nash is having a fabulous year and he'd more than deserve that award if he got it, in all honesty he's less popular than kobe. and he's probably marginally more popular than dirk. if the suns finnish first I"D vote for nash.

Jake, go watch your football games, no one in the league deserves to be mentioned with Wilt, Bird, or Russell?....KOBE! Damn, dude, you're terrible. Nash plays no defense, the MVP is about who is the most valuable player in the league, who is the overall best. If someone picks Nash over Kobe, they're INSANE...Nash only plays one end of the court, he's never gunna win a ring, imagine what a fucking big joke it would be in 20 years from now when we look back and see some guy named Steve Nash as a 3-time CONSECUTIVE MVP...No way man, that's fucking ridiculous...And when I say popularity contest, I'm talking about with the media... the ones who vote for it...You've got to be out of your mind if you think Kobe is more popular with the journalists than Nash is...Kobe>>>Nash. Nothing to argue...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2007, 01:00:09 PM »
This would be pathetic, Nash does not deserve to be placed in a category with the other 3 time MVPs, IMO he's not even the best on his team!...With that being said, the media will still give it to him, seeing how the MVP award has been a popularity contest for some time now anyways...PeACe

oh god quit being bias.....they're not going to say "we can't give it to nash for the third year in a row because he's not as good as wilt. bird. or russle" lol no one in the league is .  the mvp is the player who means the most to his team an did the most with that team......with the mavs and the suns being the two best teams in the league....it's of corse going to be a closer race between dirk and nash  than kobe.  nash is having a fabulous year and he'd more than deserve that award if he got it, in all honesty he's less popular than kobe. and he's probably marginally more popular than dirk. if the suns finnish first I"D vote for nash.

Jake, go watch your football games, no one in the league deserves to be mentioned with Wilt, Bird, or Russell?....KOBE! Damn, dude, you're terrible. Nash plays no defense, the MVP is about who is the most valuable player in the league, who is the overall best. If someone picks Nash over Kobe, they're INSANE...Nash only plays one end of the court, he's never gunna win a ring, imagine what a fucking big joke it would be in 20 years from now when we look back and see some guy named Steve Nash as a 3-time CONSECUTIVE MVP...No way man, that's fucking ridiculous...And when I say popularity contest, I'm talking about with the media... the ones who vote for it...You've got to be out of your mind if you think Kobe is more popular with the journalists than Nash is...Kobe>>>Nash. Nothing to argue...PeACe
Oh man you get on my nerves.  Thers LOTS to argue about what you just said........But Im not even going to bother.

PLANT

« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2007, 01:01:41 PM »
17 wins in a row now after todays defeat of Cleveland.  23 points, 15 assists, 0 turnovers for Nash.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2007, 01:33:46 PM »

my bad you're right there is ONE player playing right now that deserves to be in the same breath as bird wilt and russle....shaq 8). kobe no. he has yet to lead a team to a playoff win, bird lead teams to mulitiple championships as well as russl, and if it wasn't for russ' teams wilt as well. it's not about stats or nice plays against the spurs today, it's about wins and kobe has yet to proove his ability to lead. Iverson's resume is better in that department.
if the mvp trophy was to go to the BEST player in the league jordan would have won it 10-12 times already. it's about who can lead their team to the most impressive record in the league AND be the most valuable player to that teams success.....hence dirk and nash being the front runners for that ....kobe an outside shot, and arenas even more outside. and how do you know nash isn't going to win a ring....he's led a team to more playoff series win than kobe has...which is none, so looking at history , history favors nash in that department.
also kobe is probably the most famous basketball player right now along with probably iverson, carter and shaq....and even if kobe is 'Hhhhaaaaaaaaaated' by the media he's still more popular amongst them than nash.

this year....nash will win it not because of some jewish conspiracy , but because he played one HELL of a season.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 01:41:11 PM by Don Jacob »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

PLANT

« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »
Kobe gets more All Star votes than Nash.  I dont know why you think people hate Kobe.  The media has been all over Kobes jock this season, nobody is hating on him.  Just because Nash is doing crazy shit right now for Pheonix and putting up HUGE stats doesnt mean anyone is hating on Kobe.  Kobe and the Lakers are having a great year, nobody is denying that. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2007, 04:06:55 PM »
LMFAO@"No one hates on Kobe"...This is hilarious. "Kobe is more popular with the media than Nash"...LMFAO! Keep 'em comin, guys...

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 05:05:16 PM »
Wade, LeBron, & Shaq all get hated on much more than Kobe in this forum.

PLANT

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 05:12:54 PM »
"Kobe is more popular with the media than Nash"...LMFAO! Keep 'em comin, guys...
nobody said this.  And nobody is hating on Kobe.  You just made a thread about how Mark Jackson said Kobe was better than Jordan.  How are people in the media hating on Kobe?  Post some proof.  And like Jrome said, Nash and wade get hated on like crazy on this forum.  Nobody hate on Kobe bro, Nash is just THAT good.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 07:23:16 PM »
^^I never made a thread like that...It's just hilarious when people say "no one hates on Kobe"...Yea, this forum has a lot of Kobe supporters, because we're on a West Coast forum with a majority of Laker fans. But everyone knows that Kobe gets more hate in the NBA than any other superstar, this is common sense...From the "Kobe sucks" chants at the end of road games to the boos he recieved at the all-star game a few years back, to the boos he'd get in some stadiums every time he touches the ball! Kobe has always been a hated individual...He even had a commercial about it...Please realize how ridiculous you guys sound when you claim someone like Nash or Wade is hated anywhere close to as much as a guy like Kobe, ESPECIALLY by the media...Nash is good, don't get me wrong, but he's not MVP matierial IMO, and he's DEFINITELY not 3 time consecutive MVP material...Not even close by my standards...PeACe

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 07:26:59 PM »
^^I never made a thread like that...It's just hilarious when people say "no one hates on Kobe"...Yea, this forum has a lot of Kobe supporters, because we're on a West Coast forum with a majority of Laker fans. But everyone knows that Kobe gets more hate in the NBA than any other superstar, this is common sense...From the "Kobe sucks" chants at the end of road games to the boos he recieved at the all-star game a few years back, to the boos he'd get in some stadiums every time he touches the ball! Kobe has always been a hated individual...He even had a commercial about it...Please realize how ridiculous you guys sound when you claim someone like Nash or Wade is hated anywhere close to as much as a guy like Kobe, ESPECIALLY by the media...Nash is good, don't get me wrong, but he's not MVP matierial IMO, and he's DEFINITELY not 3 time consecutive MVP material...Not even close by my standards...PeACe

Who all would you place above him and why?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2007, 07:38:58 PM »
Gilbert Arenas - He is a better overall player who plays both ends of the court. He has a weaker supporting cast and doesn't play in a stat-inflating system, but his team is still a contender in the east and he still puts up huge numbers every game. also known for knocking down clutch shot after clutch shot. Gilbert Arenas > Steve Nash

Dirk Nowitzki - He is a better overall player. Nash is a second (or even third) option when playing with a player like this. He has proved to be efficient, even improving his rebounding and defense the last couple of seasons, an area where Nash lacks majorly. Dirk Nowitzki >> Steve Nash

Kobe Bryant - Self-explanitory. Leading a battered team and deferring more than ever to obtain a top record without key players. Easily the best player in the league. Kobe Bryant >>> Steve Nash

Those are the top MVP candidtes for now in my book. As for who should get it over Nash, that's an even more extended list. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying Nash isn't the best on his own team! They work a different system down in Phoenix, all 5 players have to be pretty much on the same level for everything to work... Honestly though, who here REALLY thinks Steve Nash is the most valuable player in the league? And who in their right mind thinks he's a 3peat MVP caliber player?! ???
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 07:41:49 PM by Now_I_Know »

PLANT

« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2007, 07:56:48 PM »
Honestly though, who here REALLY thinks Steve Nash is the most valuable player in the league? And who in their right mind thinks he's a 3peat MVP caliber player?! ???
I do

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2007, 11:57:30 PM »
Gilbert Arenas - He is a better overall player who plays both ends of the court. He has a weaker supporting cast and doesn't play in a stat-inflating system, but his team is still a contender in the east and he still puts up huge numbers every game. also known for knocking down clutch shot after clutch shot. Gilbert Arenas > Steve Nash

Dirk Nowitzki - He is a better overall player. Nash is a second (or even third) option when playing with a player like this. He has proved to be efficient, even improving his rebounding and defense the last couple of seasons, an area where Nash lacks majorly. Dirk Nowitzki >> Steve Nash

Kobe Bryant - Self-explanitory. Leading a battered team and deferring more than ever to obtain a top record without key players. Easily the best player in the league. Kobe Bryant >>> Steve Nash

Those are the top MVP candidtes for now in my book. As for who should get it over Nash, that's an even more extended list. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying Nash isn't the best on his own team! They work a different system down in Phoenix, all 5 players have to be pretty much on the same level for everything to work... Honestly though, who here REALLY thinks Steve Nash is the most valuable player in the league? And who in their right mind thinks he's a 3peat MVP caliber player?! ???

lol at nash not even being considered an mvp this year. bias like a motha fucka

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2007, 05:48:06 AM »
were midway through the season and Dirk is getting my vote, Mavs without Dirk who knows where they would be, the Suns still have like 3 or 4 allstars on their team without Nash

PLANT

« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2007, 06:53:13 AM »
were midway through the season and Dirk is getting my vote, Mavs without Dirk who knows where they would be, the Suns still have like 3 or 4 allstars on their team without Nash
doesnt matter, go look at their record from last year when Nash wasnt in the lineup...