Author Topic: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?  (Read 853 times)

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: So Steve Nash is pretty much a 3 time MVP?
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2007, 07:13:45 AM »
were midway through the season and Dirk is getting my vote, Mavs without Dirk who knows where they would be, the Suns still have like 3 or 4 allstars on their team without Nash
doesnt matter, go look at their record from last year when Nash wasnt in the lineup...

they didn't have Amare last year, big difference

PLANT

« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2007, 08:58:20 AM »
were midway through the season and Dirk is getting my vote, Mavs without Dirk who knows where they would be, the Suns still have like 3 or 4 allstars on their team without Nash
doesnt matter, go look at their record from last year when Nash wasnt in the lineup...

even more reason why he should be MVP

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2007, 10:24:46 AM »

how is that? Amare is a 20 and 10 player, a big reason why they have the record they have this year, take him out and the Suns ain't scaring too many teams without the big man
even more reason why he should be MVP

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2007, 12:26:18 PM »
Im not a Nash fan at all but this fucking dude has been straight fire.Look what he has done with his stats and he is winning too.Yeah i know they have had a weak schedule but i dont give a fuck you have to give credit where credit is due.I really dont Think Kobe will ever win one unless he has a dominant team and win over 60 games the media just gives no breaks to him.

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2007, 12:39:01 PM »
Kobe said to just give the MVP to Dirk. We're after rings in LA.  ;D

Seriously though, Nash is playing even better this year than he was last year and the year before. Personally my frontrunners are Kobe, Dirk, Nash, and Duncan in that order. Since we all know that Stern and his media minions will not allow Kobe to ever win an MVP, give it to Dirk, he deserves it.

I don't think you can really consider any other candidates.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2007, 01:05:21 PM »
Gilbert Arenas - He is a better overall player who plays both ends of the court. He has a weaker supporting cast and doesn't play in a stat-inflating system, but his team is still a contender in the east and he still puts up huge numbers every game. also known for knocking down clutch shot after clutch shot. Gilbert Arenas > Steve Nash

Dirk Nowitzki - He is a better overall player. Nash is a second (or even third) option when playing with a player like this. He has proved to be efficient, even improving his rebounding and defense the last couple of seasons, an area where Nash lacks majorly. Dirk Nowitzki >> Steve Nash

Kobe Bryant - Self-explanitory. Leading a battered team and deferring more than ever to obtain a top record without key players. Easily the best player in the league. Kobe Bryant >>> Steve Nash

Those are the top MVP candidtes for now in my book. As for who should get it over Nash, that's an even more extended list. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying Nash isn't the best on his own team! They work a different system down in Phoenix, all 5 players have to be pretty much on the same level for everything to work... Honestly though, who here REALLY thinks Steve Nash is the most valuable player in the league? And who in their right mind thinks he's a 3peat MVP caliber player?! ???

lol at nash not even being considered an mvp this year. bias like a motha fucka

How am I bias when I provided reason for what I said...Nash plays one end of the court. No one should ever win the MVP of the league playing 50% of the game...On top of that, I don't even believe he's the best player on his team, and is DEFINITELY a second option on a team with a player like Dirk or Kobe...Now, step your game up and explain why I'm wrong, or shut the fuck up with your nonsense...PeACe

PLANT

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2007, 01:21:48 PM »
he might be a second option to Dirk or Kobe but the thing is that he makes the team around him THAT much better which makes him the most valuable player to have on the team.  Amare wouldnt be as good without Nash, same goes for Marion, Diaw..... Those guys get AT LEAST  10 points a game becuase of Nash spoonfeeding them baskets.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2007, 01:39:18 PM »
he might be a second option to Dirk or Kobe but the thing is that he makes the team around him THAT much better which makes him the most valuable player to have on the team.  Amare wouldnt be as good without Nash, same goes for Marion, Diaw..... Those guys get AT LEAST  10 points a game becuase of Nash spoonfeeding them baskets.

That's absurd...If that were the case and reasoning behind it, a point guard would win the award every year. Nash is EXPECTED to contribute the most to his teammates, he's the distributor...That STILL doesn't make him the best, and that's what the MVP is, the best PLAYER, not the best point guard...PeACe
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 01:47:23 PM by Now_I_Know »

PLANT

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2007, 01:46:06 PM »
If Smush was able to do the things Nash can, the Lakers would be winning as many games as Pheonix right now

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »
If Smush was able to do the things Nash can, the Lakers would be winning as many games as Pheonix right now

Maybe...then again, if Lakers were healthy all season and played mostly sub-.500 teams like the Suns, they could also be winning as many games. but that's all speculation...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2007, 02:25:51 PM »
Gilbert Arenas - He is a better overall player who plays both ends of the court. He has a weaker supporting cast and doesn't play in a stat-inflating system, but his team is still a contender in the east and he still puts up huge numbers every game. also known for knocking down clutch shot after clutch shot. Gilbert Arenas > Steve Nash

Dirk Nowitzki - He is a better overall player. Nash is a second (or even third) option when playing with a player like this. He has proved to be efficient, even improving his rebounding and defense the last couple of seasons, an area where Nash lacks majorly. Dirk Nowitzki >> Steve Nash

Kobe Bryant - Self-explanitory. Leading a battered team and deferring more than ever to obtain a top record without key players. Easily the best player in the league. Kobe Bryant >>> Steve Nash

Those are the top MVP candidtes for now in my book. As for who should get it over Nash, that's an even more extended list. Hell, I'd even go as far as saying Nash isn't the best on his own team! They work a different system down in Phoenix, all 5 players have to be pretty much on the same level for everything to work... Honestly though, who here REALLY thinks Steve Nash is the most valuable player in the league? And who in their right mind thinks he's a 3peat MVP caliber player?! ???

How am I bias when I provided reason for what I said...Nash plays one end of the court. No one should ever win the MVP of the league playing 50% of the game...On top of that, I don't even believe he's the best player on his team, and is DEFINITELY a second option on a team with a player like Dirk or Kobe...Now, step your game up and explain why I'm wrong, or shut the fuck up with your nonsense...PeACe

nash plays the game like a soccer player, afterall in the offseason that is what he does. i believe his brother is a soccer player in canada or something. anyways. the reason WHY nash is so successful in that system is because he's built to run and gun on the wing. take out nash on that team and the suns are a team that no one takes serious ....hence the year before they get nash and the games they play without him. is nash their best scorer...no, but neither was magic when he won. is nash their best defender...no, but neither was malone or barkley when they won it either. but nash is the definate LEADER of that team. the other 11 players on that team are the car , but nash is the driver.  but that's not the point of the MVP award, it's not about individual accomplishments, which probably hurt kobe last year from getting it (i think kobe deserved it last year more btw). this generation is too use to the michael jordan mold.  the award is about the leader of the team with the mos impressive record, not the best record necessarily, but the most impressive. also a major factor of the award is how valuable that player is to that team.  a typically that's historically how the award is voted for and defined.  if we were to award the mvp trophy to the best player in the league jordan would have 10plus mvps. when malone won it a few years back. jordan was absolutely at the top of his game, the best player EVER at that moment in history. but malone won it....why? because of  the way the mvp is defined, and as much as i hated malone back then i had to step back from my bias and say "he deserved it" when charles barkley won it , jordan again was the best player on.

again the mvp isn't the 'best player' award it's the most valuable player award .with the way pheonix is winning and the way nash is playing.....he deserves to win it this year, imo  the suns will have to go through a huge slump before nash is out of the running. and if that happens dirk is the mvp....imo arenas and kobe already fucked that up.....they beat good teams then fall to teams like the hornets or the bobcats, you can't do that be the 4th 5th seeds and be the mvp

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »

nash plays the game like a soccer player, afterall in the offseason that is what he does. i believe his brother is a soccer player in canada or something. anyways. the reason WHY nash is so successful in that system is because he's built to run and gun on the wing. take out nash on that team and the suns are a team that no one takes serious ....hence the year before they get nash and the games they play without him. is nash their best scorer...no, but neither was magic when he won. is nash their best defender...no, but neither was malone or barkley when they won it either. but nash is the definate LEADER of that team. the other 11 players on that team are the car , but nash is the driver.  but that's not the point of the MVP award, it's not about individual accomplishments, which probably hurt kobe last year from getting it (i think kobe deserved it last year more btw). this generation is too use to the michael jordan mold.  the award is about the leader of the team with the mos impressive record, not the best record necessarily, but the most impressive. also a major factor of the award is how valuable that player is to that team.  a typically that's historically how the award is voted for and defined.  if we were to award the mvp trophy to the best player in the league jordan would have 10plus mvps. when malone won it a few years back. jordan was absolutely at the top of his game, the best player EVER at that moment in history. but malone won it....why? because of  the way the mvp is defined, and as much as i hated malone back then i had to step back from my bias and say "he deserved it" when charles barkley won it , jordan again was the best player on.

again the mvp isn't the 'best player' award it's the most valuable player award .with the way pheonix is winning and the way nash is playing.....he deserves to win it this year, imo  the suns will have to go through a huge slump before nash is out of the running. and if that happens dirk is the mvp....imo arenas and kobe already fucked that up.....they beat good teams then fall to teams like the hornets or the bobcats, you can't do that be the 4th 5th seeds and be the mvp

It's the most valuable player in the league, not the most valuable player to the team. How can you even judge value to a team, can you honestly say Nash is more valuable to the Suns than Kobe is to the Lakers? ESPECIALLY last year? No, you can't...But you can clearly say Kobe was a more valuable player overall, and that's how I believe they should award the trophy, not based on some bullshit that'll have some little whiteboy like Nash who would get tortured in an all-time great pickup game of basketball win it every time...Nash runs the offense in Phoenix tremendously, don't get me wrong, probably better than anyone else would be able to...But is he a more valuable player than Kobe? Hell no. Does he distribute more than Kobe? Yes...But this isn't the "Point Guard of the Year" award...PeACe

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2007, 03:08:07 PM »

It's the most valuable player in the league, not the most valuable player to the team. How can you even judge value to a team, can you honestly say Nash is more valuable to the Suns than Kobe is to the Lakers? ESPECIALLY last year? No, you can't...But you can clearly say Kobe was a more valuable player overall, and that's how I believe they should award the trophy, not based on some bullshit that'll have some little whiteboy like Nash who would get tortured in an all-time great pickup game of basketball win it every time...Nash runs the offense in Phoenix tremendously, don't get me wrong, probably better than anyone else would be able to...But is he a more valuable player than Kobe? Hell no. Does he distribute more than Kobe? Yes...But this isn't the "Point Guard of the Year" award...PeACe

did you read my post? i said kobe deserved it more last year....holy moses herschel.  also you're talking about how YOU think the mvp should be voted on....you're showing an ignorance to how the mvp is voted upon and has been voted upon for YEARS. yes that's how the MVP is voted upon the  the most valuable player to the team with the most impressive record. not the best player in the league, like i said if that was the case jordan would have 10 plus mvps. and it's not about how well nash distributes the ball.  it's how well nash fits into the definition the NBA has set up for it's MVP.
leader of the suns=steve nash
most impressive record in the league=the pheonix suns
mvp=steve nash .....as of right now, who knows it might change

2005/2006

leader of the lakers-kobe
most impressive record in the league=la lakers
mvp should've been kobe....was robbed

2004-2005

leader of the heat-shaq
most impressive record in the league=miami heat
mvp should've been shaq...

steve nash DID not deserve it the last two years but he more than deserves it this year.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »
It's a dilemma. On the one hand you got Nash playing better than ever, on the other hand it would be crazy to give it to him 3 times in a row. But if you don't give it to him this year, you kind of diss the fact that you gave it to him the years before. Fucked up situation, thank God I don't have to vote on this. LOL.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2007, 04:31:07 PM »

did you read my post? i said kobe deserved it more last year....holy moses herschel.  also you're talking about how YOU think the mvp should be voted on....you're showing an ignorance to how the mvp is voted upon and has been voted upon for YEARS. yes that's how the MVP is voted upon the  the most valuable player to the team with the most impressive record. not the best player in the league, like i said if that was the case jordan would have 10 plus mvps. and it's not about how well nash distributes the ball.  it's how well nash fits into the definition the NBA has set up for it's MVP.
leader of the suns=steve nash
most impressive record in the league=the pheonix suns
mvp=steve nash .....as of right now, who knows it might change

2005/2006

leader of the lakers-kobe
most impressive record in the league=la lakers
mvp should've been kobe....was robbed

2004-2005

leader of the heat-shaq
most impressive record in the league=miami heat
mvp should've been shaq...

steve nash DID not deserve it the last two years but he more than deserves it this year.

How is the Suns record more impressive than the Lakers record when they played motsly sub-.500 teams and the Lakers had half of their players injured for most of the season so far, including Odom for 21 games and Kwame even more than that...Either way, if the dumbass journalists vote on the MVP based on who they think is most valuable to their team then that doesn't mean they're right, Jake. The MVP is not a team award, it's a league award...And Steve Nash is not MVP (let alone 3-time consecutive MVP) material in my book...PeACe