Author Topic: David Lee Roth Back With Van Halen  (Read 61 times)

mrtonguetwista

David Lee Roth Back With Van Halen
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:52:47 PM »
LOS ANGELES - The rumors were true. Van Halen will reunite with original singer David Lee Roth for a summer tour of North America.

"I am very excited to get back to the core of what made Van Halen," guitarist        Eddie Van Halen said in a statement posted Friday on the band's Web site announcing a 40 city tour. No specific dates have been named.

It will be the first time that Roth performs live with the band since 1984, when he was replaced by        Sammy Hagar. A brief reunion with Roth in 1996 resulted in two new songs but no tour.

Original bassist        Michael Anthony will not be a part of the reunion. Late last year he was replaced by Eddie Van Halen's 15-year-old son Wolfgang.

On March 12 Van Halen will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony in New York.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
Re: David Lee Roth Back With Van Halen
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2007, 07:06:12 AM »
 8)
Let's see how long this "Reunion" last's
(Sammy on standby)

everlast1986

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2007, 08:23:04 AM »
I'll be surprised if this lasts half the tour.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 11:26:41 AM »
Eddie's too drunk nowadays to be as good as he once was, but I'll still go see it. I mean, how many opportunities like this will come up?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris