Author Topic: I need a basic explaination of difference between karate, kung fu, martiala , et  (Read 332 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Anybody have knowledge of different fighting styles?  I was interested in reading some brief information about the difference between them. 

I want to find out which one deals the most with spirituality, forms, and meditation.  With a focus on forms (kata).  Forms, meaning where you go through a scripted routine of kicks, punches, etc... if you have a website as well, give me a link.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2007, 06:59:26 PM by Hajj Abdul-Infinite...BANNED FOR CALLING TO TRUTH »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Samoan Enforcer

suicide bombing is more your style bry guy, you might wanna study how to fly a plane

jeromechickenbone

somebody must be getting picked on.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
somebody must be getting picked on.

I'm not even talking about that style of karate.. I'm asking about forms and meditation, not self-defense.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
fuck these guys man... I think Aikido is the one dealing with spirituality and shit. I might be wrong though, you should look into it somewhere else
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

ksizzle

• Lil Geezy
  • "Take a knee"
its pretty situational, since u have such a broad range of styles and forms of wushu to learn. if you just want to know the fundamentals on punches and kicks (mostly kicks), take tae kwon do. If you like routine forms and katas, go for chinese kenpo. if u wanna get beefy, as well as learn practical fighting stances, go for kickboxing. as for spirituality, and learning self discipline, listen to suffice and take aikido. now theres sooo much more types and styles, i just named all the common ones from what i know. the schools that teach have a big effect on the style too, so u just gotta go do ur homework on these places if u wanna find the right place.

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
all depends on ur Master/Teacher/Sense

not much to do with the style

cuz some teach u more though physical movents with not much meditation....

me personally I was thought with a good balance of mind, body, and sprit connection.

when u combine them all u can achive almost anything

Kassem

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Aikido art of fighting without fighting
United Arab States

swangin and bangin

Aikido art of fighting without fighting
sounds like its for pussies.
i bet ecrazy uses it

CoreG37

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Just go and fuck with a tai chi class...

The Watcher

i do muay thai, brazillian jiu jitsu, and did tae kwon do for about 5 years

tae kwon do is the only one i've done kata's in, but my brother did karate for about 6 years, 3 x 2 hour lessons a week, and 1 hour of each lesson was doing katas
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

*Z* - The Queen of Dubcc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "u gotta give respect to get respect"
i took karate classes for a few years, and we were doing lots of katas and also a bit of meditation...i think karate is a nice mixture of both
i also liked it becuz they taught u how to defend yourself without having anything but your hands and feet. (thats why "kara-te"= empty hand)
but if you are looking for more meditation, then there is a chinese martial arts: Taijiquan. but i dont really know shit about it, only that it is based on meditation
"I grew up on the chill-side, the no-big-deal-side, staying alive was no problem"
[J-Live]

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I did karate as a kid and I remember that it had some katas.. the school I did it at didnt focus on spirituality though, so I can hardly comment on that
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I dont know the difference between al those different styles. But from what i know, Kung Fu is probably the best (spiritual, kata's etc).
But it really depend what kind of teacher you got. Try and find a good teacher, and talk with him a little bit, ask question. So you can see what kind of teacher he is.

Don Seer

Judo has the "kata" but not the meditative stuff...

i'd guess most of those with meditative stuff would be relised to buddhism.. and be wu-shu gung-fu related

a list here >>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styles_of_Chinese_martial_arts#Buddhist_styles
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 11:12:16 AM by Seer - San »