Author Topic: Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft release profit statements.  (Read 405 times)

Bomb-A®

Re: Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft release profit statements.
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2007, 02:58:27 AM »
This isn't an article.  I'm just so articulate I fooled you into thinking it was important. 

so i was right

this article written by that nerdy dude who was bashing the psp on youtube

Bomb-A®

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2007, 03:02:18 AM »
and trauma you're right.....this is not important...may be it is to a financial consultant..not to a gamer

peace

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2007, 10:19:53 AM »
Dont you got something better to do? Like playing with you Wii or something.

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 06:37:32 AM »
Stop hating, techincally it's legit. Not a proper article, but he just put all the numbers together and made a conclusion. No reason to go barking about go back to playing with your Wii or some crap >_>. If it's only important to a financial consultant, then why you lot coming in and complaining? We just play games, if you don't like the topic title don't touch the click button.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 08:19:43 AM »
Stop hating, techincally it's legit. Not a proper article, but he just put all the numbers together and made a conclusion. No reason to go barking about go back to playing with your Wii or some crap >_>. If it's only important to a financial consultant, then why you lot coming in and complaining? We just play games, if you don't like the topic title don't touch the click button.

Plz explain to me what this has to do, with playing games. Its just for faggot ass fanboys to prove that their console is the ''best''

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 08:24:14 AM »
It had nothing, that's why if the topic has nothing to do with playing games you should stay away from it?  :laugh:

I thought people would have steered clear from the part where it said release profit statements...
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 03:07:24 PM »
It had nothing, that's why if the topic has nothing to do with playing games you should stay away from it?  :laugh:

I thought people would have steered clear from the part where it said release profit statements...

Gotta check all new posts in the gaming thread..........even if they were started by Trauma, lol

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 04:18:10 PM »
The thing with this is that sony n microsoft can afford 2 lose money, ok so its a fuckin huge amount!, but they make massive profit on the other goods they sell, but nintendo only make games consoles (as far as I am aware, never seen anyfin else of theirs over here in UK), so gr8 news for nintendo they doin ace, but im sure sony n microsoft r still makin profit as a company!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2007, 05:42:23 AM »
Awwwww, did somebody get their feelings hurt?  You guys are some stupid motherfuckers.  When I tell you I wrote the 'article' you don't think it's legit anymore because you only believe what CNN tells you.  Childish motherfuckers around here.

The title of the article is "release profit statements"... but yet yall read it anyways.  After reading it and finding out your favorite console didn't make any money, and in fact lost so much money there's serious talk about the xbox being pulled after this gen, and the playstations losing game after game, only then do you say "Oh, it doesn't matter, you're a dick".  Well if it didn't matter, why did you read it?

.... because you were thinking it would be interesting to see how much money each company's making.  After Nintendo infinitely trounced their profits (I mean, if they would have made a penny they would have made an infinite amount of profit over sony and microsoft's gaming division since you can't multiply a negative into a positive no matter how many times you try)....after seeing that, you wanna jump. 

Well fuck you.  I was on this board years ago when people were talking shit about how Nintendo would go out of business, or how the DS would make people lose jobs, lol.  This post is to show that perception is only reality to the ignorant.  The perception is that the ps3 is hot, or the 360 is making mad money when the reality is that the financially conservative company once again is the only one with stability in the marketplace. 

In the end, the truth is the truth.  These numbers are accurate, and everybody's pissed.  Why would you be pissed about the truth?  ... because it doesn't meet your perception of the situation.  You look at the numbers and your common sense (what little bit you have) tells you "These motherfuckers cannot be losing that much money". 

Trauma-san

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2007, 05:47:37 AM »
The thing with this is that sony n microsoft can afford 2 lose money,

I disagree.  No business can afford to lose money, Especially when it's quarter after quarter, year after year since the inception of your business (microsoft home gaming).  The X-box has been in either the marketplace losing money or in development losing money for 10 years now.  How long would you let your business venture on the side lose you hundreds of millions of dollars a year?  The dirty secret with Microsoft is that they're not so big that they can afford to lose money, in fact anybody with any vision can see that the company is in serious trouble in the very near future.  They've launched this big xbox experiment trying to break into the home gaming market (which they've done very successfully, just haven't made any money and have lost billions).... the reason behind this is because microsoft doesn't have the grip it once had on the home computer market.  Linux is taking ever bigger market shares from windows, and the pc market has had the bottom fall out of it.  Don't believe me?  Go look at the prices.  Computers used to sell for 2 grand with Windows installed.  Now you can get a computer for 200 bucks brand new with windows installed.  Windows Vista is what, 200 bucks stand alone?  Anybody with half a brain looks at that and says "If you can buy a low end computer for 200 bucks brand new after rebates, why would I pay 200 bucks alone for the windows software?"  On top of that, everybody casual that wants a home computer already has one and isn't buying another until theirs breaks.  I've had the same computer for 4 years now.  I'm not buying a new one, and I'm not buying Vista!  Hardcore gamers and pc users will buy new computers and new windows products, but the vast majority of normal folks are content and aren't buying anymore.... compared with a few years ago when everybody and their brother wanted a computer because they didn't have one.  now they do!  Bill Gates is a genius, he sees this shit, that's why he's trying the xbox thing, but he isn't getting the results, he isn't going to squander a fortune on an experiment.  If it doesn't turn profitable this gen, he's pulling the plug, you can pretty much bank on that. 

As for Sony, the once great has made several huge mistakes, all of them hinging on disrespecting their fans and giving their fans exactly what they don't want.  The ps3 isn't superior to the 360, especially when you take into consideration all the great 360 games that are already out, then on top of that you've got all the bullshit Sony's pulling with basically trying to market it's bigger product, blu-ray on the backs of the gamers and making statements like 'I didn't know games were supposed to be fun'.  They're treating yall like some punk bitches and you're lining up with whatever 600 bucks you can save up from your hard work to give to them.  LOL  Then, after ALL OF THAT, they STILL FUCKING LOSE MONEY! It's the most rediculous bullshit I've ever heard of in my life, I hope the motherfuckers get stung so bad they come back with the greatest console of all time.

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 05:53:37 AM by Trauma-san »

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2007, 05:54:06 AM »
This is just the cycle of the video games industry. Nintendo were on top in the early 90s but started treating the consumers like shit and Sony took over.

Now Sony has treated everyone like shit, and Nintendo's fresh ideas are deservedly taking them back to the top.

Question is, will they learn not to treat us like shit this time?

gav09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »
The thing with this is that sony n microsoft can afford 2 lose money,

I disagree.  No business can afford to lose money, Especially when it's quarter after quarter, year after year since the inception of your business (microsoft home gaming).  The X-box has been in either the marketplace losing money or in development losing money for 10 years now.  How long would you let your business venture on the side lose you hundreds of millions of dollars a year?  The dirty secret with Microsoft is that they're not so big that they can afford to lose money, in fact anybody with any vision can see that the company is in serious trouble in the very near future.  They've launched this big xbox experiment trying to break into the home gaming market (which they've done very successfully, just haven't made any money and have lost billions).... the reason behind this is because microsoft doesn't have the grip it once had on the home computer market.  Linux is taking ever bigger market shares from windows, and the pc market has had the bottom fall out of it.  Don't believe me?  Go look at the prices.  Computers used to sell for 2 grand with Windows installed.  Now you can get a computer for 200 bucks brand new with windows installed.  Windows Vista is what, 200 bucks stand alone?  Anybody with half a brain looks at that and says "If you can buy a low end computer for 200 bucks brand new after rebates, why would I pay 200 bucks alone for the windows software?"  On top of that, everybody casual that wants a home computer already has one and isn't buying another until theirs breaks.  I've had the same computer for 4 years now.  I'm not buying a new one, and I'm not buying Vista!  Hardcore gamers and pc users will buy new computers and new windows products, but the vast majority of normal folks are content and aren't buying anymore.... compared with a few years ago when everybody and their brother wanted a computer because they didn't have one.  now they do!  Bill Gates is a genius, he sees this shit, that's why he's trying the xbox thing, but he isn't getting the results, he isn't going to squander a fortune on an experiment.  If it doesn't turn profitable this gen, he's pulling the plug, you can pretty much bank on that. 

As for Sony, the once great has made several huge mistakes, all of them hinging on disrespecting their fans and giving their fans exactly what they don't want.  The ps3 isn't superior to the 360, especially when you take into consideration all the great 360 games that are already out, then on top of that you've got all the bullshit Sony's pulling with basically trying to market it's bigger product, blu-ray on the backs of the gamers and making statements like 'I didn't know games were supposed to be fun'.  They're treating yall like some punk bitches and you're lining up with whatever 600 bucks you can save up from your hard work to give to them.  LOL  Then, after ALL OF THAT, they STILL FUCKING LOSE MONEY! It's the most rediculous bullshit I've ever heard of in my life, I hope the motherfuckers get stung so bad they come back with the greatest console of all time.

Good point.

I agree that big companies like microsoft and sony cant afford 2 loose a lot of money, just like any other business, but they are in a situation where they can inject a certain amount of money into a project such as the xbox and if it doesnt work then they just pull the plug on that operation. Loosin money on the xbox will not directly make microsoft go bankrupt. It may contribute in the long run if they keep loosin money, but the xbox alone wont make them suffer massively.

Whereas other companies (maybe nintendo, not sure wot sort of value their company is) wud b in serious trouble if they had injected a lot of money into a next gen console and they started loosin money like the xbox has done as they are not in the same financial position as microsoft or sony, few are.

So yes i agree that no company can afford to loose money, but some are in the position 2 try and make these consoles and can gamble with their money for a certain time!
I will believe Detox when I hear a single for it and have the album in my hands.
but what if you loose your hands before Detox drops?