Poll

?

JOE MONTANA
15 (71.4%)
TROY AIKMAN
6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: RND 2. 1. MONTANA VS. 10. AIKMAN  (Read 246 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: RND 2. 1. MONTANA VS. 10. AIKMAN
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 04:49:23 PM »
montanna EASILY

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 11:42:36 AM »
Anybody that doubts how close this really is, look at Aikmans Completipon Pct and QB rating in the playoffs..And i bet you cant find anyone better...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 11:52:31 AM »
if the cowboys win the conf. championship game in 94' it would have been 4 as well. ' coulda shoulda woulda' i know i know but like mosav said in the last thread aikman is probably won of the most underrated qb's ever. IMO, stepping outside of my bias and everything, i truely believe aikman is a better qb. it was actually a tough tough call, i had montana marked for a minute before i pressed post.
You can say that about Brady also if they didn't give up 35 points in a half.

That's a bit different. 1) Dallas was one missed call away from possibly beating SF and going on to a 3rd straight Superbowl. 2) They walked through teams. It never came down to the kicker for this team. They didn't get lucky breaks on tuck rules or make impossible 45 yard boots in the snow. They were a monster. 3) Brady didn't even make the playoffs the year after the first win so 4 in a row was never an option. It was for pretty close for Aikman. 5) I consider the Oilers "letting up" most of 38 points with bad plays. I consider San Diego "letting" NE come back and win. NE didn't make all that many mistakes. They just had to deal with Peyton Manning on fire and Indy got lucky that NE was making mistakes on offense in that second half. The dropped passes, and the last minute INT meant a lot to the Colts victory.

ONE MISSED CALL AWAY? 38-28 is one missed call away? I know you are talking about Irvin not getting a PI call that Deion intercepted but they were both pushing. The Cowboys didnt lose cuz ONE BAD CALL! LOL! How about turning the ball over 3 times to start the game and being down 21-0. And who threw the first INT? AIKMAN! He was great, but dont say the Niners WON that game cuz of one bad call. Plus you gotta remember the Niners were up 21-0 and went semi conservtative. The Niners were better that year they proved it in the reg season too, it was there time kind of like the Colts this year.

I'm not going to argue that Dallas should have won because I don't think that they should have won. I just said that if the call was made it could have changed the game as opposed to this year year were NE was simply otuplayed by Indy and given the game by SD. Dallas didn't any freebies en route to San Fran that year. They got the bye week and desrtoyed Green Bay. What I am trying to stress is that there is no comparison between the Cowboys' 3 in 4 years and the Pats' 3 in 4 years. Dallas ran right through teams the years they won and lost the one year they didn't in the AFC championship by making critical mistakes in te first 10 minutes. The Pats barely got through the first round of the playoffs their first Superbowl, and didn't even get in the playoffs in the year in between the Superbowls. They then won their other two by kicks. There is no doubt in my mind that if each Pats Superbowl team played against each Cowboys Superbowl team that Dallas would win and win by at least a TD each time. Too much talent on those Cowboy teams on both sides of the field for the NE system to overcome.

thats what everyobe said bout the 2001 rams.. 8)

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 01:37:12 PM »
if the cowboys win the conf. championship game in 94' it would have been 4 as well. ' coulda shoulda woulda' i know i know but like mosav said in the last thread aikman is probably won of the most underrated qb's ever. IMO, stepping outside of my bias and everything, i truely believe aikman is a better qb. it was actually a tough tough call, i had montana marked for a minute before i pressed post.

That's a bit different. 1) Dallas was one missed call away from possibly beating SF and going on to a 3rd straight Superbowl. 2) They walked through teams. It never came down to the kicker for this team. They didn't get lucky breaks on tuck rules or make impossible 45 yard boots in the snow. They were a monster. 3) Brady didn't even make the playoffs the year after the first win so 4 in a row was never an option. It was for pretty close for Aikman. 5) I consider the Oilers "letting up" most of 38 points with bad plays. I consider San Diego "letting" NE come back and win. NE didn't make all that many mistakes. They just had to deal with Peyton Manning on fire and Indy got lucky that NE was making mistakes on offense in that second half. The dropped passes, and the last minute INT meant a lot to the Colts victory.

ONE MISSED CALL AWAY? 38-28 is one missed call away? I know you are talking about Irvin not getting a PI call that Deion intercepted but they were both pushing. The Cowboys didnt lose cuz ONE BAD CALL! LOL! How about turning the ball over 3 times to start the game and being down 21-0. And who threw the first INT? AIKMAN! He was great, but dont say the Niners WON that game cuz of one bad call. Plus you gotta remember the Niners were up 21-0 and went semi conservtative. The Niners were better that year they proved it in the reg season too, it was there time kind of like the Colts this year.

I'm not going to argue that Dallas should have won because I don't think that they should have won. I just said that if the call was made it could have changed the game as opposed to this year year were NE was simply otuplayed by Indy and given the game by SD. Dallas didn't any freebies en route to San Fran that year. They got the bye week and desrtoyed Green Bay. What I am trying to stress is that there is no comparison between the Cowboys' 3 in 4 years and the Pats' 3 in 4 years. Dallas ran right through teams the years they won and lost the one year they didn't in the AFC championship by making critical mistakes in te first 10 minutes. The Pats barely got through the first round of the playoffs their first Superbowl, and didn't even get in the playoffs in the year in between the Superbowls. They then won their other two by kicks. There is no doubt in my mind that if each Pats Superbowl team played against each Cowboys Superbowl team that Dallas would win and win by at least a TD each time. Too much talent on those Cowboy teams on both sides of the field for the NE system to overcome.

I don't think the Rams had quite the o-line Dallas had and I tyhink that would have showed come 3rd and short. And I don't think Rams ever had the defense the Dallas teams had. I'd pick the Cowboys to mop the floor with St. Louis as well. They barely beat the Titans the first Superbowl they won.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 01:47:30 PM »

I don't think the Rams had quite the o-line Dallas had and I tyhink that would have showed come 3rd and short. And I don't think Rams ever had the defense the Dallas teams had. I'd pick the Cowboys to mop the floor with St. Louis as well. They barely beat the Titans the first Superbowl they won.

in 2001 St Louis had the #2 defense in the NFL led by LOVIE SMITH, there defense was GREAT THAT YEAR! They run the cover 2 to perfection..
The Rams run game wasnt as good, but there RB was. And there pass game was better. 2001 Rams>>>>>1999 Rams

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 03:58:41 PM »
I still don't think they could beat the Cowboys. I remember the Rams having a close one with Philly that year and Philly wa sstrong D but not the best offense in the league. The only time Dallas let up over 20 points in the playoffs it was against powerhouse offenses like San Fran and Green Bay.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 09:02:09 PM »
I still don't think they could beat the Cowboys. I remember the Rams having a close one with Philly that year and Philly wa sstrong D but not the best offense in the league. The only time Dallas let up over 20 points in the playoffs it was against powerhouse offenses like San Fran and Green Bay.

well i think the 2001 Rams could have beaten Dallas if not give them all they could handle. Its all opinion. You gotta remember the Rams could have been EVEN better if not for Mike Martz STUPIDITY as a head coach, and you know that

The Best of 3 Worlds