Author Topic: What happened to Mobb Deep?  (Read 564 times)

Al Bundy

What happened to Mobb Deep?
« on: February 09, 2007, 02:37:54 AM »
Listening to the Free Agents mixtape from 2003 shits on Blood Money. What happened to Prodigy rhyming words?

ABN

Re: What happened to Mobb Deep?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 03:13:36 AM »
the Takeover is what happened.

XaNdEr

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 03:15:52 AM »
Funny guy, i dont even like the Takeover...the beat is hella irritating and jay's rhymes are way too personal, like he has to say stuff bout havoc and prodigy themselves cuz he cant say anything else about them...

And imo Amerikaz Nightmare aint that bad, good record

Prodigy is comin with a second solo album on Koch this year, and hes gonna release a mixtape soon (or already has, if so, my bad)

Narrator

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 03:25:59 AM »
the Takeover is what happened.

Yeah, but a lot of the songs on "Murda Mixtape" (aside from a couple of "Murda Muzik" leftovers) were new at the time.  I still don't get Prodigy's lack of consistency.

On the other hand, Hav's solo joint "The Illest" is my favorite song off that record, and that's better than ANYTHING P has done in the past 5-6 years.

ABN

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 03:29:39 AM »
Funny guy, i dont even like the Takeover...the beat is hella irritating and jay's rhymes are way too personal, like he has to say stuff bout havoc and prodigy themselves cuz he cant say anything else about them...

And imo Amerikaz Nightmare aint that bad, good record

Prodigy is comin with a second solo album on Koch this year, and hes gonna release a mixtape soon (or already has, if so, my bad)
listen to Prodigy before the Takeover and after. the difference is huge for real, and it didn´t help that Nas spanked the holy shit outta him around the same time aswell.

XaNdEr

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 04:13:51 AM »
yeah like some words of others make him rap *bad*

people always bring up drug use, disses and other stuff up to rappers who start rapping *bad*, they dont rap bad, they just change styles, they evolve, for better or worse.

its all a matter of what you like, you know

this applies to prodigy, daz, kurupt, nas, every other rapper who people claim to have sold out or fallen off, everyone evolves in life, you, me, they too, so it is inevitably their rap(styles) change with the time, and wether you like that or not is your opinion.  :)

ABN

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 05:18:19 AM »
^even Prodigy´s boss(50) knows that Takeover fucked P´s career up. "i´ll do your little ass like Jay did Mobb Deep"  :laugh:

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 05:21:29 AM »
Mobb Deep aint been ever since they released the Infamy  :'(

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 07:05:32 AM »
Return Of The Mac...
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

Citizen-Y

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 07:42:18 AM »

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 08:45:06 AM »
I don't if it was Takeover or his sickness but yeah Prodigy has fallen off big time in his rhymes, but he is sounding better of late with New York Shit and is dropping 2 albums this years so we'll see

Pizzle

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 09:21:19 AM »
Prodigy shit gonna be crazy. From what i heard on 'Return Of The Mac' so far is ill shit.

Efrain

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 02:55:03 PM »
The pressure to conform to mainstream hip-hop, discontent with their current level of wealth and success and a general lack of faith in themselves and their art is what happened to Mobb Deep.

Signing to G-Unit was the tipping point for fans and I'm sure Mobb Deep realized that. Recently Prodigy’s been in interviews saying the Blood Money album could have been better and everything we’ve heard from “Return of the Mac” suggests [Prodigy at least] is coming back around to the original Mobb sound and style. 

herpes

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 02:56:40 PM »
either the sickle cell or p's ghost writer died.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 08:55:50 PM »
I don't if it was Takeover or his sickness but yeah Prodigy has fallen off big time in his rhymes, but he is sounding better of late with New York Shit and is dropping 2 albums this years so we'll see

The Best of 3 Worlds