Poll

?

DAN MARINO
6 (54.5%)
JOHN ELWAY
5 (45.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: RND. 3 4. MARINO VS 5. ELWAY  (Read 299 times)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
RND. 3 4. MARINO VS 5. ELWAY
« on: February 08, 2007, 08:32:58 PM »
-DAN MARINO SQUEEK BY A WIN OVER JOHNNY UNITAS
-AS JOHN ELWAY DOES THE SAME WITH A SLIM WIN OVER PEYTON MANNING

-MONTANA STILL SITTING PRETTY AS HE EARNS A 3RD RND BYE WITH HIS WIN OVER TROY AIKMAN

YOU KNOW THE DRILL PARTY PEOPLE, GET TO CRACKIN AND MAKE IT HAPPEN

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

"THE" MoSav

Re: RND. 3 4. MARINO VS 5. ELWAY
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 08:46:48 PM »
Elway

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 08:47:12 PM »
Neither got it done in their prime and by the time Elway had won he was on a super team both years, the second of which probably would have lost to the Vikings if a) Mr Automatic didn't miss the 38 yarder, and b) the INT wasn't dropped on the last drive.

I'm going with Marino on this one. Too many records, too many yards. Too good a passer. I'll give Elway the credit on scrambling and running over Marino. Of course I think I'd be a better scrambler and runner than 3 step Dan. Overall Marino.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:50:21 PM »
Neither got it done in their prime and by the time Elway had won he was on a super team both years, the second of which probably would have lost to the Vikings if a) Mr Automatic didn't miss the 38 yarder, and b) the INT wasn't dropped on the last drive.

I'm going with Marino on this one. Too many records, too many yards. Too good a passer. I'll give Elway the credit on scrambling and running over Marino. Of course I think I'd be a better scrambler and runner than 3 step Dan. Overall Marino.

Nah i think the Broncos would have beat the Vikings anyway. They would have ran the ball easily agaisnt the Vikings Defense, easier then Atlanta did who still ran the ball very well with Jamal Anderson. Plus the Broncos Defense was better, Much better then the Falcons. The Broncos started offg 13-0 that season. They were the best team in the NFL all year. The Vikings had that explosive offense but the Broncos were still better

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 09:00:44 PM »

Nah i think the Broncos would have beat the Vikings anyway. They would have ran the ball easily agaisnt the Vikings Defense, easier then Atlanta did who still ran the ball very well with Jamal Anderson. Plus the Broncos Defense was better, Much better then the Falcons. The Broncos started offg 13-0 that season. They were the best team in the NFL all year. The Vikings had that explosive offense but the Broncos were still better

Falcons had a strong D that year. They didn't let up many points; less than Denver. I know Denver was 13-0 but Minn was a FG away from a perfect season (ofcourse the Vikings did have the easier schedule). It would have been two powerhouses and the Superbowl could have gone either way no doubt. I think the offensive threat would be too much for the Broncos in the end but I guess we'll never know.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:03:48 PM »

Falcons had a strong D that year. They didn't let up many points; less than Denver. I know Denver was 13-0 but Minn was a FG away from a perfect season (ofcourse the Vikings did have the easier schedule). It would have been two powerhouses and the Superbowl could have gone either way no doubt. I think the offensive threat would be too much for the Broncos in the end but I guess we'll never know.

you know whats funny is, the Niners that year Were FANTASTIC, they lostr 20-19 in the 2nd rd to ATL cuz Hearst went down the first play after a huge 30 yd run, and the niners couldnt run the rest of the day, Hearst had 1600 yds that year and IMO the Niners would have won that game and went into Minn and won too. Wow it would have been great too see Young vs Elway

The Best of 3 Worlds

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 09:42:25 PM »

you know whats funny is, the Niners that year Were FANTASTIC, they lostr 20-19 in the 2nd rd to ATL cuz Hearst went down the first play after a huge 30 yd run, and the niners couldnt run the rest of the day, Hearst had 1600 yds that year and IMO the Niners would have won that game and went into Minn and won too. Wow it would have been great too see Young vs Elway

That would have been nice too. San Fran really could have won that year. My brother was a huge SF fan. I remember him whining all week after the loss to Atlanta. Good times.

swangin and bangin

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 09:44:44 PM »

WC Iz Active

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 11:15:27 PM »
I pick Marino

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 05:14:40 AM »
Elway

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 10:52:45 AM »

That would have been nice too. San Fran really could have won that year. My brother was a huge SF fan. I remember him whining all week after the loss to Atlanta. Good times.

not good times  >:(
But yeah Hearst had a Career year that year. We had a GREAT OLINE...Really good defense and a good pass game of course with Owens, Rice, and Stokes. Gogan and Ron Stone as our gurads were killing folks..

The Best of 3 Worlds

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »
marino

herpes

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 02:41:14 PM »
dan the man

eS El Duque