Author Topic: I will tell you why Dipset will win the beef  (Read 409 times)

Pizzle

Re: I will tell you why Dipset will win the beef
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2007, 09:27:56 AM »
Just because G-Unit isn't as big in the NY streets anymore doesn't mean Dipset is bigger all around automatically. Sorry Dipset already lost the beef.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2007, 01:20:58 PM »
Dipset can't lose this beef. They got lyrics for days. 50 just better apologize and go back to writing love songs.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2007, 03:11:50 PM »
lol @ the underdogs statement.

How can anyone be an underdog when they have Jimmy Iovine as their principle backer?

Can you not see the similarities Death Row Records and Aftermath?

1. Dr. Dre.
2. Jimmy Iovine

Give me one example of an interscope backed artist losing a beef.

Nobody gives a fuck about the streets. In reality, Ruthless and Murder Inc were both more 'street' than Death Row and G-Unit.. Infact, both G-Unit and Death Row were considered to be 'snitches' and 'studio gangstas' respectively.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2007, 10:24:36 PM »

How can anyone be an underdog when they have Jimmy Iovine as their principle backer?

1. Dr. Dre.
2. Jimmy Iovine

Nobody gives a fuck about the streets. In reality, Ruthless and Murder Inc were both more 'street' than Death Row and G-Unit.. Infact, both G-Unit and Death Row were considered to be 'snitches' and 'studio gangstas' respectively.

Ja Rule was Interscope vs. Def Jam, which Def Jam is not an underdog, that's an equal. So it was anyones ball game. Ja's mistake was challenging Dre and Em, that would be like 50 throwing in Jay-Z and DMX for helping start Ja Rule up. Ja didn't lose because he didn't have the money behind him, he lost because he dissed everyone and it turned to the Mid-West (D-12) and the West (Dre, Game) and NY (G-Unit, Busta Rhymes Lil' Mo) and the South (Young Buck) vs. Ja Rule, but that was on Ja Rule. It would have been easier to fight Murder Inc. vs. G-Unit, but then Ja had to diss everyone on Loose Change.

Also, Death Row vs. Ruthless. In 1992, Interscope is an upstart label who's main acts are Marky Mark, the dude who sings Rico Swave and a 2Pac who can't even crack gold. Hell, the Chronic had to be distributed by Priority, which was basically ran by who. Eazy had Dre's number, he got a percentage of The Chronic, he was Mr. Priority, as he had political power there with the help of Jerry Heller and Death Row was struggling to get started because of Suge Knight's ties to Harry O. You need to check your facts, listen to Real Compton City G's, Dre Day only meant Eazy's payday, that's a 50 Cent diss to Game now, and who won that beef, Game. The underdog always takes the beef. LL beat Kool Moe Dee, as I said, Death Row over Ruthless, 50 Cent over Ja Rule, Nas over Jay-Z, 2003 KRS-One vs. multiplatnum selling Nelly.

As for an Interscope artist losing a beef, Spider Loc vs. Baby Spider from Game's 240 Bars and Runnin' track.

The King

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2007, 10:49:11 PM »
Whats Dipset gonna do? And if we are measuring support by album sales, Game and Dipset v 50 Cent, 50 Cent would murder those kids. Dipset and Game don't have a tenth as many fans as 50 does. Look at 50's first diss against Dipset, millions and millions of hits on youtube! And the majority of people outside this forum think 50 Cent won! So how do you idiots think Dipset will win. And if they win, what happens to 50 Cent? He sells 5 million records instead of 6 million? What happens to Cam? He sells 200,000 records instead of 150,000? Beefing with 50 Cent won't help you. 50 Cent has too much money, too many fans, and too much power. I'm speaking the truth here kids. 50 Cent responds with a weak diss, so what? The diss that wins a beef is the diss the fans like more, not the diss with better lines. And the people have spoken, they like the video 50 made.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2007, 11:03:31 PM »
Whats Dipset gonna do? And if we are measuring support by album sales, Game and Dipset v 50 Cent, 50 Cent would murder those kids. Dipset and Game don't have a tenth as many fans as 50 does. Look at 50's first diss against Dipset, millions and millions of hits on youtube! And the majority of people outside this forum think 50 Cent won! So how do you idiots think Dipset will win. And if they win, what happens to 50 Cent? He sells 5 million records instead of 6 million? What happens to Cam? He sells 200,000 records instead of 150,000? Beefing with 50 Cent won't help you. 50 Cent has too much money, too many fans, and too much power. I'm speaking the truth here kids. 50 Cent responds with a weak diss, so what? The diss that wins a beef is the diss the fans like more, not the diss with better lines. And the people have spoken, they like the video 50 made.

Should I break down how 50 Cent will not sell 3-6 million next time out. 50 Cent fucked himself over, and I mean really fucked himself over. Game will be ok, he'll get platnum with the right singles, and Cam can get to platnum. G-Unit can't even get platnum right now, and you are talking about 50. Shit, your talking about a day of viewership for 50, since then the video has not had much, as it's not even in the top viewed videos today, amd it's barely on the list for the week. Man, get a 50 dick out your mouth. Since you wanted me to open this can of worms, I'll do it, I was gonna write a Junkyard on it, but I guess now is as good a time as ever.

50 has cut his fan base in half. The one mistake he made was dropping Game of G-Unit. Before that, 50 had Cali support from working with Dr. Dre, and from having lines like, I want LA to love me like they love'd 'Pac. This had the west shouting G G G G G - Unit almost 24/7 in 2003. The Mid-West too, as the Eminem/D-12 support was huge. In 2005 though, in Cali, those G-Unit chants changed to G-UnOt chants. By dumping Game, 50 kept interest in himself, but he cut a whole coast out of supporting G-Unit. By dissing Game, artist like Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo were not looked for, and their sales suffered out west. 50 still has the overall national market that will support him, but that's dwindling every G-Unit flop. Cam sees this, why you think he responds now instead of 2005 when 50 originally dissed Koch. 50 Cent dissed Koch because Game was working with them well still at G-Unit. But at that time, you didn't fuck with CUUURRRTTTIIIIISSSS. Instead, Cam laid in the cut, and now with flop after flop, Cam was ready to go to war. This war has been in the making, so it's nothing new. Now though, Dipset is more established, they got Dame Dash helping, they have Cam and Jim Jones selling more for an independent, and G-Unit is weak.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 04:23:15 AM »

Should I break down how 50 Cent will not sell 3-6 million next time out. 50 Cent fucked himself over, and I mean really fucked himself over. Game will be ok, he'll get platnum with the right singles, and Cam can get to platnum. G-Unit can't even get platnum right now, and you are talking about 50. Shit, your talking about a day of viewership for 50, since then the video has not had much, as it's not even in the top viewed videos today, amd it's barely on the list for the week. Man, get a 50 dick out your mouth. Since you wanted me to open this can of worms, I'll do it, I was gonna write a Junkyard on it, but I guess now is as good a time as ever.

50 has cut his fan base in half. The one mistake he made was dropping Game of G-Unit. Before that, 50 had Cali support from working with Dr. Dre, and from having lines like, I want LA to love me like they love'd 'Pac. This had the west shouting G G G G G - Unit almost 24/7 in 2003. The Mid-West too, as the Eminem/D-12 support was huge. In 2005 though, in Cali, those G-Unit chants changed to G-UnOt chants. By dumping Game, 50 kept interest in himself, but he cut a whole coast out of supporting G-Unit. By dissing Game, artist like Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo were not looked for, and their sales suffered out west. 50 still has the overall national market that will support him, but that's dwindling every G-Unit flop. Cam sees this, why you think he responds now instead of 2005 when 50 originally dissed Koch. 50 Cent dissed Koch because Game was working with them well still at G-Unit. But at that time, you didn't fuck with CUUURRRTTTIIIIISSSS. Instead, Cam laid in the cut, and now with flop after flop, Cam was ready to go to war. This war has been in the making, so it's nothing new. Now though, Dipset is more established, they got Dame Dash helping, they have Cam and Jim Jones selling more for an independent, and G-Unit is weak.

Dude, wtf are you talking about. You actually believe Game had anything to dow with GUnit sales ? Lol.

That GUnot thing lasted for 2 months, it was nothing. Youre talking about 50 losing westcoast fanbase becuase of Game ? He he. Game is not even the biggest figure in westcoast rap. 50 is cool with Dre and Snoop and those 2 bring him more fans than Game. If anything Game lost more fans for not being on GUnit/Aftermath anymore.

Banks flopepd becuase they didnt do shit to promote him. A clasisc example are Banks, Obie and Busta. All 3 cats thought just by being on Gunit/Shady/Aftermath they do huge numbers. Well, things changed, nobodys selling shit these days.

d-nice

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2007, 07:03:16 AM »

Dude, wtf are you talking about. You actually believe Game had anything to dow with GUnit sales ? Lol.

That GUnot thing lasted for 2 months, it was nothing. Youre talking about 50 losing westcoast fanbase becuase of Game ? He he. Game is not even the biggest figure in westcoast rap. 50 is cool with Dre and Snoop and those 2 bring him more fans than Game. If anything Game lost more fans for not being on GUnit/Aftermath anymore.

Banks flopepd becuase they didnt do shit to promote him. A clasisc example are Banks, Obie and Busta. All 3 cats thought just by being on Gunit/Shady/Aftermath they do huge numbers. Well, things changed, nobodys selling shit these days.

M said 50 dropping Game hurt G-Unit out west. He had pretty much a artist for each coast and the west coast at the time was starving for a new mc to come in and smash the game. Now we all know Dre had Game for a while and 50 and G-Unit were the ones that brought his project back to life. The manner that 50 let Game go, it is what it is but it came off to alot of people that 50 was hating on Game's success.

Game working with Dipset and not dissing Fat Joe and D-Block was the reasoning behind it, but it did not come off like that to alot of people. Not really until Game spoke on it. So just speaking from a west coast perspective, there was no representation of a west coast mc. I always considered it more of a east coast based label, which it is, but I respected the fact they were looking for and breaking that "next big thing" in the south with Buck and the west with Game. It never really was done before on 1 label like that. Game has more of a backing on the west because what did he do after he was kicked off G-Unit? He went on tour with Snoop. If Snoop would not have stamped Game he would have been finished. So he started working with west coast artists and that solidified him as someone to look out for.

proverbs aka DD

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2007, 07:29:25 AM »

1. Dr. Dre.
2. Jimmy Iovine

Ja Rule was Interscope vs. Def Jam, which Def Jam is not an underdog, that's an equal. So it was anyones ball game. Ja's mistake was challenging Dre and Em, that would be like 50 throwing in Jay-Z and DMX for helping start Ja Rule up. Ja didn't lose because he didn't have the money behind him, he lost because he dissed everyone and it turned to the Mid-West (D-12) and the West (Dre, Game) and NY (G-Unit, Busta Rhymes Lil' Mo) and the South (Young Buck) vs. Ja Rule, but that was on Ja Rule. It would have been easier to fight Murder Inc. vs. G-Unit, but then Ja had to diss everyone on Loose Change.

Also, Death Row vs. Ruthless. In 1992, Interscope is an upstart label who's main acts are Marky Mark, the dude who sings Rico Swave and a 2Pac who can't even crack gold. Hell, the Chronic had to be distributed by Priority, which was basically ran by who. Eazy had Dre's number, he got a percentage of The Chronic, he was Mr. Priority, as he had political power there with the help of Jerry Heller and Death Row was struggling to get started because of Suge Knight's ties to Harry O. You need to check your facts, listen to Real Compton City G's, Dre Day only meant Eazy's payday, that's a 50 Cent diss to Game now, and who won that beef, Game. The underdog always takes the beef. LL beat Kool Moe Dee, as I said, Death Row over Ruthless, 50 Cent over Ja Rule, Nas over Jay-Z, 2003 KRS-One vs. multiplatnum selling Nelly.

As for an Interscope artist losing a beef, Spider Loc vs. Baby Spider from Game's 240 Bars and Runnin' track.

What proof do you have that Eazy was Mr. Prioririty? I've read the Jerry and Eazy's bios many times over and none of them had anymore ties or power of Priority. If anything, by looking at the timeline of Ruthless Record's distribution deal in coordination with Interscope/Death Row distribution deal, you can almost make the claim that they were more loyal to Dr. Dre than anyone else. They seemed to followed Dr. Dre and when he left to DR, Ruthless went with Relativity Records for its distribution.. Look it up if you wish.

Second, nobody is talking about financial strength of the companies.. Because both Def Jam and Interscope/Aftermath are owned by UMG. So basically you have little kids fighting in the playground and both are able to go to daddy if they were in serious danger. The fact remains that Jimmy Iovine has a much closer relationship to Dr. Dre and 50 Cent than Russell Simmons has to Ja Rule.

Spider Loc is signed? lol you really have to go down the line to find an interscope that has gotten beat.

Nas didn't beat Jay-Z in the beef. That's why Nas is signed to Jay-Z lol.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »

1. Dr. Dre.
2. Jimmy Iovine

What proof do you have that Eazy was Mr. Prioririty? I've read the Jerry and Eazy's bios many times over and none of them had anymore ties or power of Priority. If anything, by looking at the timeline of Ruthless Record's distribution deal in coordination with Interscope/Death Row distribution deal, you can almost make the claim that they were more loyal to Dr. Dre than anyone else. They seemed to followed Dr. Dre and when he left to DR, Ruthless went with Relativity Records for its distribution.. Look it up if you wish.

Second, nobody is talking about financial strength of the companies.. Because both Def Jam and Interscope/Aftermath are owned by UMG. So basically you have little kids fighting in the playground and both are able to go to daddy if they were in serious danger. The fact remains that Jimmy Iovine has a much closer relationship to Dr. Dre and 50 Cent than Russell Simmons has to Ja Rule.

Spider Loc is signed? lol you really have to go down the line to find an interscope that has gotten beat.

Nas didn't beat Jay-Z in the beef. That's why Nas is signed to Jay-Z lol.

Actually with Eazy and Priority, I think Cube was more important in Priority's eyes. But the main thing is this. Interscope was a nothing label, 2Pac was there most credible artist, but he couldn't go gold, Rico Swave was wacked, and Marky Mark, please. Eazy had Dre's money coming in, he had N.W.A. money coming in, and he was a platnum selling artist. People looked at Eazy though as industry establishment because of his association with Jerry Heller and his White House visit. Suge was unknown, Dre was coming off house arrest, and Snoop was seen as a gangsta because he spent time in jail before releasing the Chronic. Eazy had more money, and flanted Dre Day meant Eazy's pay day. Like 50 does to Game, he was telling people to buy the Chronic, and like 50 Cent, his associates (BG and Dre'sta, who were on Def Jam, not Ruthless) flopped in sales dispite holding their Eazy link and taking on his beef.

Nas won the lyrical beef. The business beef, well, Jay one because his a business man, Nas is a lyrical man. BUT, Eazy won the business beef against Dre, 50 won the business beef against Game, but both lost the lyrical beef. Both Dre and Game though were better off because of the beef.

The main thing, Camron and Dipset is completely independent from Iovine's influence and there is no way 50 can push back a Cam'ron album. 50 Cent is not some kind of Godfather, his a gorilla alright, with Bugs Bunny teeth and a steriod addication. 50 Cent is not that guy, and if his album sells as much as Banks, then 50 is left being DMX, one minute seen as an unbeatable street mobster, the next, a washed up crack head who was once somebody, but we forget why we liked him. Cam is independent, so he do have to worry about that label bullshit, but let 50 flop, and his Jin, next to be on the XXL milkcarton.