Author Topic: Xzibit Talks Next LP, DVD, Possible Up In Smoke II  (Read 129 times)

C_R_O_N_I_C_I

Xzibit Talks Next LP, DVD, Possible Up In Smoke II
« on: October 19, 2001, 07:23:51 AM »
So far everything is going according to plan for Xzibit and his follow-up to last year's platinum Restless LP, Man Vs. Machine.

"Man Vs. Machine is coming along very nicely," said Xzibit, who's been in New York for the past week recording with producers Bink Dog and Megahertz. He hopes to release the first single in December and put out the LP in March.

"We've been working for a couple of months," he said. "We're taking our time with it. Keeping our pace, making sure it's definitely more focused. Every project, I try to go up another level."

The California MC said he has a long way to go before he gets complacent about his skills.

"When I did Restless, I felt that was a stepping stone," he explained. "I've got bigger and better songs to write. I still feel I haven't written my best material. I still feel I've got stuff I can tap into, but I can learn.

"One thing I learned, working on this record as compared to the other ones, is that the more I get involved in the production side and handling the business side, I'm finding out the things that make a great record into a successful album. It's definitely a task, trying to keep all these things in order."

Aside from the aforementioned boardsmiths, Xzibit has gotten a little help in the studio from "the usual suspects," as he calls them, including Eminem, Snoop Dogg and the LP's executive producer, Dr. Dre, who produced a duet between himself and X (see "Xzibit Snags Usual Suspects For LP: Dre, Snoop, Eminem"). Newcomer Andre Wilson, as well as Ras Kass and Defari from Xzibit's side group, the Golden State Project, will also be included.

Behind-the-scenes interaction between Xzibit and some of his homies will be available to the public when he releases the DVD "Restless Xposed" on December 11.

"It was an idea I had," Xzibit said. "We were on the tour bus and had a lot of fun. I figured, 'Why don't we get a cameraman out here and film all this crazy sh--?' After the Up in Smoke [Tour], we just filmed for eight months, the crazy things we had to do to put Restless out. It's scenes from the Anger Management Tour, going overseas, finishing the album, us at home.

"We just picked the best of the best," he continued. "Some stuff was embarrassing, but it's real. You had to keep it in there. It shows a side of me the audience doesn't get by just listening to the CD. You could see a cat get up in the morning and see his breath is kickin'."

Xzibit disclosed that there may be more footage of himself, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Eminem to come — the crew have been talking about embarking on the sequel to their successful Up in Smoke outing.

"You're gonna see another one," Xzibit declared. " 'Still Smokin' ', coming to a theater near you."
WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ABOUT IT?

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Murrow

Re: Xzibit Talks Next LP, DVD, Possible Up In Smok
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2001, 09:40:55 AM »
What I think:

"Restless" was a good/great album.  I had HUGE expectations for the album.  They were so high that when it dropped, I was a tiny bit dissapointed because my expectations ran a little TOO HIGH even though it was a very good album.  

I'm not falling head over heels for "Man Vs. Machine" simply because this is sounding like 'Restless Part 2' with the same gang of Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Battlecat etc.  Dre is still executive producing it, but how much time you think Dre has for this??  He's busy, X wants to drop the firrst single in 2 months, and release the album by March...not happening.  

I'm willing to wait a while, like I did with "Restless."  Xzibit has more time, and he could make it complete with his next LP.

min0rity

Re: Xzibit Talks Next LP, DVD, Possible Up In Smok
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2001, 10:14:49 AM »

So far everything is going according to plan for Xzibit and his follow-up to last year's platinum Restless LP, Man Vs. Machine.

"Man Vs. Machine is coming along very nicely," said Xzibit, who's been in New York for the past week recording with producers Bink Dog and Megahertz. He hopes to release the first single in December and put out the LP in March.

"We've been working for a couple of months," he said. "We're taking our time with it. Keeping our pace, making sure it's definitely more focused. Every project, I try to go up another level."

The California MC said he has a long way to go before he gets complacent about his skills.

"When I did Restless, I felt that was a stepping stone," he explained. "I've got bigger and better songs to write. I still feel I haven't written my best material. I still feel I've got stuff I can tap into, but I can learn.

"One thing I learned, working on this record as compared to the other ones, is that the more I get involved in the production side and handling the business side, I'm finding out the things that make a great record into a successful album. It's definitely a task, trying to keep all these things in order."

Aside from the aforementioned boardsmiths, Xzibit has gotten a little help in the studio from "the usual suspects," as he calls them, including Eminem, Snoop Dogg and the LP's executive producer, Dr. Dre, who produced a duet between himself and X (see "Xzibit Snags Usual Suspects For LP: Dre, Snoop, Eminem"). Newcomer Andre Wilson, as well as Ras Kass and Defari from Xzibit's side group, the Golden State Project, will also be included.

Behind-the-scenes interaction between Xzibit and some of his homies will be available to the public when he releases the DVD "Restless Xposed" on December 11.

"It was an idea I had," Xzibit said. "We were on the tour bus and had a lot of fun. I figured, 'Why don't we get a cameraman out here and film all this crazy sh--?' After the Up in Smoke [Tour], we just filmed for eight months, the crazy things we had to do to put Restless out. It's scenes from the Anger Management Tour, going overseas, finishing the album, us at home.

"We just picked the best of the best," he continued. "Some stuff was embarrassing, but it's real. You had to keep it in there. It shows a side of me the audience doesn't get by just listening to the CD. You could see a cat get up in the morning and see his breath is kickin'."

Xzibit disclosed that there may be more footage of himself, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg and Eminem to come — the crew have been talking about embarking on the sequel to their successful Up in Smoke outing.

"You're gonna see another one," Xzibit declared. " 'Still Smokin' ', coming to a theater near you."
WHAT DO Y'ALL THINK ABOUT IT?

nice :)