Author Topic: Football fans get in here and give your opinion.  (Read 553 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Re: Football fans get in here and give your opinion.
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2007, 06:23:52 PM »
Another problem with the 4-4-2 way of doing this is then you have the 2 greatest CM's ever, great defenders ever, strikers ever.

Kinda the opposite direction of what we were going for.

Trying to find the greatest player of every position.
NO MORE WAR

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2007, 06:28:19 PM »
Personally I think you should look at this page of all the positions available and take most from there and decide the best players.

Otherwise you could simplify:

GK
Def
Mid
Str

The 4 greatest of the below positions. I think the 4-4-2 idea will not work out.
NO MORE WAR

JMan

• The Young Ghetto Sinatra
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Say No to E-Rape
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2007, 03:29:41 AM »
^ i know what you mean, but i still think he can work. after everyone has voted on there lists then the top 22 players go into a different pooling system then from there we go again until we reach a final starting 11

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2007, 07:11:09 AM »
By doing just one defender, 1 midfielder then you it wouldn't be equal IMO, as can you equally compare a full backs position to a central defender? IMO you can't and I think that it should be a GOAT for each position but we would need to agree on the positions

Do you break it down to a defensive central midfielder and an attacking central midfielder, do we only pick one central midfielder or do we pick 2 central midfielders no matter their style?

It'll be harder to do this than the American sports one IMO due to the US sports having specific positions that get filled at all (most) times

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2007, 11:02:55 AM »
^^
Thats a good point.
I say we let the first 2 with the most votes take the spot. And after the qualification round we make a poll with 4 players, where people can vote for 2.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2007, 10:21:27 AM »
Yeah that makes sense, it'll get too complicated if we split the positions down further than that. So the two best Center Backs, Central Midfielders and Strikers will make the team.