Author Topic: A Non-Laker Fan's Perspective Of Nash Possibly Winning A 3rd Straight MVP.  (Read 501 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

For those of you who don't really watch basketball and mainly read ESPN articles and box score stats, here's an interesting perspective (which I happen to share) about why it would be ludicrous for Nash to win ANOTHER MVP... And this guy is far from a Laker fan (in fact, he hates the Lakers), so you muthafuckaz can't say this shit is biased like ya'll do when your backs are against the wall:

As far as Nash for a 3rd straight MVP... He shouldn't have got it last year, and he definitely does not deserve a 3rd one. His gaudy stats are purely the result of Phoenix' system. Yes, he is the one making the shots, finding the team mates etc. but you would be crazy to think a guy like Jason Kidd, Andre Miller, or even Luke Ridnour or Brevin Knight would not post ridiculous assist totals in the Phoenix offense. Nash is one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league (watch how Dallas and San Antonio torment him on the pick and roll for a great example his "defense"). And all of the players who have career years in phx... could that possibly be related to how fast their offense goes? I mean if you get to take more shots there will obviously be more opportunities for rebounds, more made shots, more assists more points etc.

I think Dirk, Kobe and even Gilbert have better cases for MVP this season than Nash. He is a good player, but if you put him on any balanced team (pretty much anywhere in the league other than PHX and GS), he would go back to his good, but not great Dallas stats.

And watching PHX games... he gets some VERY generous assists. example: passing it to Barbosa on the wing, Barbosa fakes his guy out and drives for a lay up. Why is there an assist on that play? This isn't hockey or soccer, assists in basketball supposedly set up your team mate for an easy bucket/open shot. Combine that with how out of control he is at times (you know, all of those times he leaves his feet to make a pass but can't find anyone? If he played anywhere else in the league his *** would go on the bench after doing this and he does it two or three times a game).

I don't have anything against Steve Nash, I just think that everything in Phoenix is severely over rated. They have an inflated record because they have played a ton of Eastern conference teams, and they have serious trouble against good teams in the west. I am just sick of Nash getting so much praise when I bet any starting PG in the league could post similar numbers in Phoenix' system.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
Re: A Non-Laker Fan's Perspective Of Nash Possibly Winning A 3rd Straight MVP.
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 02:46:24 PM »
oh get over it

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 03:07:47 PM »
Over what? This section is for opinions...

ecrazy

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 03:10:53 PM »
what a baby....what are you going to do when Nash does win the MVP title? Are you going to petition the league offices and call them about it? fuckin dweeb

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 03:12:54 PM »
Homo, you're the one crying over someone's valid opinion...If you have nothing to say, then don't say nothin...PeACe

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 03:13:55 PM »
The fact of the matter is Steve Nash doesn't play defence. At this point in the season, Dirk deserves the MVP.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 03:20:43 PM »
Why does it matter if he's a Lakers fan or not?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

ecrazy

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 03:26:51 PM »
Homo, you're the one crying over someone's valid opinion...If you have nothing to say, then don't say nothin...PeACe
Thats MY OPINION! Thats what I have to say...So you dont want to respond to it? is that what your going to do elior?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 03:29:09 PM »
Why does it matter if he's a Lakers fan or not?

It matters because idiots here claim that me being a Laker fan means I'm being biased for thinking Nash isn't MVP worthy, when many others think like that as well...back-to-back MVPs: Bird, Magic, Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, Russell....NASH :puke:

And if it becomes 3 consecutive MVPS, it'll look even worse than that! Face it, Nash isn't an MVP player...He gets inflated stats because of a system that has you shoot almost double what an average team shoots and plays absolutely no defense. Nash=second tier to Kobe, Dirk, Arenas, etc....PeACe

WC Iz Active

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 03:35:25 PM »
what a baby....what are you going to do when Nash does win the MVP title? Are you going to petition the league offices and call them about it? fuckin dweeb

oh look its Gay Crazy jumpin all over NIK's nuts like usual, fuckin loser.

ecrazy

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 03:40:34 PM »

Oh look, its someone who nobody cares about crying for attention, i made a valid point dumbass, dude didnt want to respond because he knows what i said is correct, now die, no one likes you

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 03:43:48 PM »
For those of you who don't really watch basketball and mainly read ESPN articles and box score stats, here's an interesting perspective (which I happen to share) about why it would be ludicrous for Nash to win ANOTHER MVP... And this guy is far from a Laker fan (in fact, he hates the Lakers), so you muthafuckaz can't say this shit is biased like ya'll do when your backs are against the wall:

As far as Nash for a 3rd straight MVP... He shouldn't have got it last year, and he definitely does not deserve a 3rd one. His gaudy stats are purely the result of Phoenix' system.

Where I stopped reading.  "It's system, it's the system", horrible argument.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 03:59:50 PM »
Steve Nash, Suns
Enough already Steve. You've proven your point.

Nash's impact on the Suns has been front and center the past two weeks.

With the two-time MVP sporting designer clothes instead of his uniform because of a sore right shoulder, Phoenix went out and lost three straight games. Over the past three seasons, the Suns are 151-49 when he plays and 4-12 when he doesn't. This season they are just 2-4 without him.

Critics said that Nash is a product of the Suns wide-open system. That couldn't be any further from the truth. Nash is the system.[/u]

Last I checked, the Suns still trot two All-Stars, Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion, on to the court each night. That should be good enough to beat the Hawks and Bulls at home and the Sonics on the road.

Without Nash, it wasn't.

Nash is due to return to the lineup against the Clippers tonight. That is a good thing. He has some catching up to do.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sparegeez

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
Who is this person a fan of then?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 07:55:31 PM »

Oh look, its someone who nobody cares about crying for attention, i made a valid point dumbass, dude didnt want to respond because he knows what i said is correct, now die, no one likes you

What was your point, gay guy?