Author Topic: Exclusive Interview With The Lady Of Rage On Dubcnn Now!!!  (Read 1075 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Exclusive Interview With The Lady Of Rage On Dubcnn Now!!!
« on: February 21, 2007, 01:47:04 PM »
www.dubcnn.com/interviews/theladyofrage

Dubcnn finally managed to track down a female MC that the game has been missing for some time now. The Lady Of Rage took time to talk to us in this exclusive, in-depth interview which covers an array of issues that have long gone unanswered. We discuss the path that led her to Death Row, meeting with and working with Dr. Dre, we find out details of tracks that never surfaced and talk about the albums she was and wasn't on.

We get the facts on the delay for her debut, what led her to leave the game and then re-emerge as well as discussing her mixtape and her upcoming album "Verbal Abuse". Dubcnn also gets Rage's stories from the Death Row days, including Daz wrestling, and so much more.

To read or listen to this interview, click below:

The Lady Of Rage Interview (February '07)

Enjoy the interview, and lookout for some new music from Rage dropping on dubcnn soon!

~Lucien~

Re: Exclusive Interview With The Lady Of Rage On Dubcnn Now!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 01:48:50 PM »
props Nima! going to check that out...

d-nice

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2007, 02:01:41 PM »
GEEAH!!! ONE OF THE ILLEST TO TOUCH THE MIC! Props Nima.

d-nice

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2007, 02:23:25 PM »
Dubcnn: That was one of the craziest tracks.

Yeah! I surely do! You know, when I heard the beats, I never liked any of the beats. Soon as I walk in the studio, "I don't like that!" I was the grumpy one of the bunch! But when I heard that one, I was like "Oh my gosh, I like it!" The blunts were puffin, the tanqueray was pourin', thus the title! We did our thing! It was dope! I think when The Source had "Hip Hop Quotables", I got that for that rhyme. I got it for something else too, I got it twice.

That other song she got a Hip Hop Quotable for was Microphone Pon Cok.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2007, 02:25:12 PM »
dope read. props to y'all once agian.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

$Eg2$

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 02:30:52 PM »
Rage been real busy huh life after deathrow been good ??? LOL

Lo Flya

• 'G'
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 02:48:35 PM »
tight interview

Chad

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 03:01:58 PM »
tight interview Nima!  Props!!
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2007, 03:06:13 PM »
I can't wait to hear another album from her.

Wow, she didn't like "Afro Puffs"? Wow.  :o That song is fuckin hard.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

RODZILLA

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »
nice interview just finished reading it.  I hope she does put an album out she's the only female mc i've ever really liked.

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2007, 03:31:32 PM »
I'm glad she said more in the latter part of the interview, because at the start she was like 'I don't know' all the time.

Judging from what she says about 'Verbal Abuse', I really doubt it's anywhere near finished yet, though I might be wrong...that's if the guest features are something added (or not) only at the last stage of recording. So far, it sounded like something she had barely started putting together. I might be egoistical, but I do hope she will not hook up with the likes of Kelis, Missy Elliot and Lil'Kim...at least not on her own work.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

T-Dub

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2007, 03:40:51 PM »
Props, it was a dope interview.

It's crazy how she wasn't even feeling some of the classic material she's been on. 

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2007, 03:41:49 PM »
homie u really got a talent for this interviewing shit,,they usually seem to be bored while answering questions etc..but not when u are takin to them

dope shit like always!

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2007, 04:44:36 PM »

Yeah! I surely do! You know, when I heard the beats, I never liked any of the beats. Soon as I walk in the studio, "I don't like that!" I was the grumpy one of the bunch! But when I heard that one, I was like "Oh my gosh, I like it!" The blunts were puffin, the tanqueray was pourin', thus the title! We did our thing! It was dope! I think when The Source had "Hip Hop Quotables", I got that for that rhyme. I got it for something else too, I got it twice.

what were the lines that were quoted specifically?

OR G funk intro! THAT'S SO CRAZY. it makes sense that she likes lyrical g bang and stranded= those are sample based.

homie u really got a talent for this interviewing shit,,they usually seem to be bored while answering questions etc..but not when u are takin to them

dope shit like always!

for the record, he had the whole board's help with coming up with questions but he is the man who makes it happen and maks it happen as it should.

WOO hoo my did Kurupt and you ever battle question got asked. thanks Nima. props

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2007, 05:03:35 PM »

what were the lines that were quoted specifically?

OR G funk intro! THAT'S SO CRAZY. it makes sense that she likes lyrical g bang and stranded= those are sample based.

dope shit like always!

for the record, he had the whole board's help with coming up with questions but he is the man who makes it happen and maks it happen as it should.

WOO hoo my did Kurupt and you ever battle question got asked. thanks Nima. props

-T

Her whole first verse was quoted. I forgot to ask about the Cali Iz Active collabo. She had the best verse on the whole album.