Author Topic: Lille protest over Man Utd goal  (Read 90 times)

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
Lille protest over Man Utd goal
« on: February 21, 2007, 04:36:38 PM »

Lille protest over Man Utd goal

Lille have lodged an official complaint with Uefa about Manchester United's winner in the first leg of the Champions League tie on Tuesday.

Ryan Giggs scored from a free-kick as Lille were still lining up a wall.

The French side appeared to contemplate leaving the pitch in protest after referee Eric Braamhaar allowed the goal to stand.

Uefa will discuss Lille's protest and the behaviour of their players during the match on Friday.

The European governing body is also investigating the incidents which marred the first leg of the last-16 tie in Lens when United fans were involved in a crush scare.

Giggs' goal came seven minutes from the end of the match, giving United a 1-0 advantage ahead of the second leg at Old Trafford.

Lille president Michel Seydoux insisted his players would not have walked off the pitch.

"It was not an attempt to get the game abandoned - it was an emotional moment," said Seydoux.
NO MORE WAR

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Lille protest over Man Utd goal
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »
The UEFA isnt gonna do anything. Thats for sure. Its fucked up but its their own fault. In France the rule is, that you have to wait. And in the CL its different.
So its fucked up, but they cant do anything about it.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 12:14:34 PM »
If uefa decide to over rule a ref after the match has finished it will cause chaos. The refs will lose there authority and teams will appeal over any goal they dont agree with. Thats why nothing will happen, if lille dont know the rules of the competition there playing in then its there problem. Ones thing for sure they wont make that mistake again.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Noname

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2007, 02:17:40 PM »
You gotta learn it the hard way sometimes  ;D

But why was there so much comotion when Henry did the same thing a while back.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 05:01:58 AM »
There protest got rejected, uefa said there was nothiing wrong with the goal.

Lille are getting charged with bringing the game into disrepute.

Im really looking forward to going to the second leg.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson