Author Topic: NAS REPLY TO JAY-Z:TIIGHT AS FUCCK!!!!  (Read 707 times)

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
Re: NAS REPLY TO GAY-Z:TIIGHT AS FUCCK!!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2001, 10:24:36 AM »
yea jigga sellez well and shit.....but it has nothin to do wit hiz shit bein corny or made to be commersial (cauze itz fuckin far from it)...it salez......just like other great rappaz and producers sold....(see pac,B.I.G, DRE,  AND MANY MORE)....
jigga got to mcuh lyrical skillz to be considered as even near
poppy....or commersialy motivated.....yea he sellz...but it ain like he does corny ass shit.....he got deep shit' sharp structure shit.....
as for nas.....yea hiz illimatic waz tight...in fact tha only nas album i could listen to without picturin nas workin wit a dictionary to find some big words and put em just to seem like some prophet....and shit....hiz shit iz too inconsistent....and he haz a hard time consentratin trackz on topicz....(imo...he iz just a rakim wannabe.... ).....yea...vocaly he iz pretty tight...but it ain enough for me.....
some pipz just would listen to anythang that moves and doesn"t sell.....just to show how anti-mainstream they r....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2001, 10:37:21 AM »

some pipz just would listen to anythang that moves and doesn"t sell.....just to show how anti-mainstream they r....

Thats total BS, we all delve into mainstream here, Snoop, Pac, Dre, Em etc. Some of the greats r listed there, it's jus' people need to recognize that mainstream success does not equal the quality of the work, this is evident in pop music & music thats aimed at mainstream e.g Ja rule, Nelly & to a certain extent Jay-Z (the fact is now he has that taste of mainstream he ain't gonna go look back, his records are made to chart, and hey, suprisingly it works!).

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2001, 10:46:13 AM »
I DONT THINK ITZ BULLSHIT.....i think that pipz need to recognize dat not every mainstreem iz corny and poppy...and jiggaz records are not made for charts (although they realy cut threw them)...this is what i waz tring to tell.....hiz previous "roc la familia"....dat yall trashed.......waz so personal at points......and sharp threw all of the cd.....
you just label as pop anything you choose.....
take...."soon you"ll understand" "this cant be life" "where have you been"..."guilty untill proven inocent".....

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2001, 10:53:37 AM »
I didn't label anything in particular pop, I was basically saying that pop is an example of quantity not quality. & I wouldn't label Jigga as pop, but the fact is that he is mainstream & his music is made 4 the mainstream audiences. He is good at what he does, entertaining the mainstream audience, but when you get to the root of things MOST (not ALL) of his record buying fans prolly don't give a shite about what he's saying, along with alot of Pac's bandwagon fans.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2001, 11:04:03 AM »
WELL.....I CARE BOUT WHAT HE SAYIN.....

shit....jigga diserved hiz sucsess....why do pipz start hatin rappaz dat start sellin....he iz nothin like nelly, ja rule,(exept for them all selling)....don you see tha lyrical difrence...imo jigga iz one of thas greatest rappaz and lyricists.....and i don care if there iz poppy ass mothafuckaz dat listen to him cauze of catchy choruses and shit....fuck them...they would listen to anyone else only cauze of catchy choruses too...i know hundreds of pipz dat listen to pacz shit only for tha choruses.....and don care what he sayes....
i ain like dat......jigga iz too good lyricly for pipz not to pay attention to what he spittz....

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2001, 11:10:05 AM »
You basically jus' repeated what I said but put it into your own words, lol. Na, man I ain't hating on Jigga 4 pushing units, I was jus' saying that sales don't mean shit at the end of they day, if it's quality material then it's quality, you can't take the goodness out of it or label it whack cos it doesn't sell. Damn, I ain't sayin' Jigga's a whack lyracist, no way, nigga can write but your acting like he is the greatest out there & that no-one can or will ever phase that.

TheSheriff

« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2001, 11:29:01 AM »
Man, I_Geezy, in your opinion Jay's the GOAT(correct me if I'm wrong), but you push it on us all...

I like Nas, I prefer him to Jay. That's just me. But if I put that in a real debate, and said WHY, you'd diss me. Maaaan...

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2001, 11:56:24 AM »
hellll na...i don diss pipz cauze they got dif opinionz...where did you get it from man?....oh wait i know...i got agresive opinionz....but i still never diss pipz when we"re having a debate.....cmmon.....i ain dat bad....

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2001, 12:00:25 PM »
7o4d.....I ain sayin jigga"z tha best..im sayin he iz one of them...of course im a pac fan first of all....
and no i didnt take your words....i said dat commersial sucsess doesnt mean shit on tha first post of this arguement....and i understand dat you don think jigga"z wack....you just reminded me dat there iz lotsa pipz dat hate on him cauze of this....(hiz commersial sucsess)

peace .

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2001, 02:42:37 PM »
damn i like that.. thas a very tight reply to jay z
damn tha video for this would be tight if he had one

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2001, 02:59:32 PM »

**message from bigjakedogg**
i moderated the title becuase i don't think it's really neccasary to call jay-z "gay-z" even if he is overrated

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

eNgIeS

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2001, 08:28:53 PM »

....i would just stop here....

Why. Get off my balls Snoopy Groupie

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2001, 08:30:31 PM »

**message from bigjakedogg**
i moderated the title becuase i don't think it's really neccasary to call jay-z "gay-z" even if he is overrated

lol
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2001, 08:41:18 PM »

Why. Get off my balls Snoopy Groupie

lol naw engies, i-geezy is a jay-z groupie if anything

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
Re: NAS REPLY TO JAY-Z:TIIGHT AS FUCCK!!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2001, 08:43:39 PM »
that shit was Nas' style,it's probably him.
And i've learned good writing doesn't neccesarily come from your thoughts and mind automatically but the effort you put into it,if every MC really put time and thought and EFFORT into their lyrics everybody would be coming tight and eventually if you do that alot it doesn't take long for you to create quality material.I know this from personal experience,not to brag but i know i'm at least a good MC and that's because i've honed myself with that mentality.Anyway Nas didn't have to go all out like thta on Jigga,all nas has to say Is "I made illmatic You dumb shit." and he wins.Jay-z is much worse in every conceivable aspect than Nas

Jay-z's voice:MONOTONE already puts him below the top 25 mcs at least
Lyrics-he has some decent rhymes here and there and can get deep at times but he's more inconsistent than Kurupt and that's fucking horrible...
Flow-average and is frequently off-beat
the only thing that puts him above average is that at times he lyrically comes with heat but even then he usually talks about bullshit and if he's getting deep than he sounds fake and corny,like he's trying to be deep for women,trying to do what LL did so smoothly,and what Pac did from the heart
Jay-z has to be one of the most overrated ever...
Nas...i don't even gotta defend Nasty,HE MADE ILLMATIC.
WHEN I hear the words reasonable doubt,i think to what i ahve for Jigga man's reverd position...i like Nas awhole lot yeah and i only like some of his guest spots and Illmatic,i didn't even like it was written so don't even call me a dickrider...this shit easily easily kills takeover even with a dope ass The Doors sample(the doors are the shit LISTEN TO THE DOORS!!!)and i haven't even heard this Nas shit yet...
also it seems some were complaining that nas uses big words and looks in the dictionary and shit...i find that offensive...i use alot of big words with my shit and the first thing most people say is "You be lookin in the dictionary and shit huh?" but i just know these words from school,paying attention,context conclusions and i'll look up a word when i'm not sure but i don't go searching the dictionary for rhymes unless i feel like writing and have nothing to talk about...but when i ahve something to say i have original rhymes and words galore to use without no fucking disctionary....i like Nas' utilization of an expanded vocabulary,it gives him an eloquent poetic quality,i realize i'm very influenced by it now that i compare some of Nas word structure to mine...well i think it separates him from much of the ignorant linguistics of the hip-hop culture...BTW Jay-z uses alot of played out rhymes
"jigga/nigga"
"hustla/muthafucka"
"back/that"
now i'm not saying nas never does that but Jigga does it hellova lot which proves his inconsistency and that he's only good because he occasionally gets off his ass and tries to be original with effort....now i'm sorry if i really hurt somebody's feelings with this (I'll admit i've been hurt by music arguments,i mean...people made me feel stupid and disillusioned especially with kurupt issues and rockers saying that rap has no value it just gets frustrating and such)but this is my opinion and i think i could seriously back it....now if you enjoy jigga that's cool....everything you like doesn't have to be of the highest quality or caliber,i mean i sure as hell don't listen to only classic material...but i'm just saying it can be back that nas is better than Jay IMO....anywayz...just keep your heads up and straight....i'm gonna go listen to Illmatic as soon as "The Best Of The Doors" finishes.....WEST UP!!! and PEACE-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram