Author Topic: NAS REPLY TO JAY-Z:TIIGHT AS FUCCK!!!!  (Read 712 times)

RivieraIII

Re: NAS REPLY TO GAY-Z:TIIGHT AS FUCCK!!!!
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2001, 10:54:46 PM »

Thats total BS, we all delve into mainstream here, Snoop, Pac, Dre, Em etc. Some of the greats r listed there, it's jus' people need to recognize that mainstream success does not equal the quality of the work, this is evident in pop music & music thats aimed at mainstream e.g Ja rule, Nelly & to a certain extent Jay-Z (the fact is now he has that taste of mainstream he ain't gonna go look back, his records are made to chart, and hey, suprisingly it works!).

THAT'S AN EXCELLENT POINT, 704D, EXCELLENT. And to my man I-GEEZY: come on son, some of us (other than you) also luv Jigga but we're just sayin that this Nas verse kills Takeover, that's all... Ain't no need to argue over and over again about how tight Jay-Z is compared to Nas. That's an old topic and it's only a matter of taste. WE KNOW THAT JIGGA IS TIGHT. I know u a big fan and all but it doesn't mean ur man always gotta win. Example: I'm as big a DRE fan as u can find on the planet but I'm the first to criticize some of his early Aftermath work or say that "My Name Is" was a wack track. Just like I luv Snoop to death but I feel like "Doggfather" and "Da Game" were garbage at best. This has nothing to do with being a fan or not, it's just PERSONAL OPINION and CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM altogether. So don't get offended EVERY SINGLE TIME someone on this board say whateva about Jigga. Take it EEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASY, son... It's all luv...
PS: And to whoeva was talkin about Nas sales and sayin that he's "struggling for gold status", check the RIAA and/or Billboard: everything NAS dropped went Platinum at least (yes Illmatic, 7 years later or not, went Platinum; It Was Written eventually went Triple; The Firm went Platinum; I Am went Double and Nastradamus went Platinum). Can't NOBODY tell me that's an easy feat or that it's "nothing". We all know how Snoop struggles to go Double nowadays but nobody compares him to Jay-Z so yeah, QUALITY music remains the barometer...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

RivieraIII

Re: NAS REPLY TO GAY-Z:TIIGHT AS FUCCK!!!!
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2001, 10:58:45 PM »

Man, I_Geezy, in your opinion Jay's the GOAT(correct me if I'm wrong), but you push it on us all...

I like Nas, I prefer him to Jay. That's just me. But if I put that in a real debate, and said WHY, you'd diss me. Maaaan...

Thank u man, that's exactly what i'm sayin... I-GEEZY gets real mad when ANYONE has somethin to say against Jigga. Come on, son...

RivieraIII

Re: NAS REPLY TO JAY-Z:TIIGHT AS FUCCK!!!!
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2001, 11:14:16 PM »
My final point: Line for line, rhyme for rhyme, NAS is a much better lyricist than Jay-Z. Nas has flow AND vocabulary (like Ras Kass) plus killer vocals. NOW, I LOVE JIGGA TOO. He's tight, one of the greatest fo' sho; there's no discussing his talent. He has more charisma and is definitely a better ENTERTAINER (and businessman) than Nas, but when it comes to being an MC (a REAL KRS-One/Rakim CERTIFIED MC), NAS is iller... Plus Illmatic is better than ANY album Jigga will ever do... So it's over. Now, fuck this topic...

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2001, 11:46:13 PM »
shit.... i never diss pipz wit dif opz....i might get angry and shit...and put out some agresive op out....there waz times when i dissed but it waz only cauze pipz waz dissin me first....
anyway...yo tanjint....i cant believe that you dawg, someone who sayes warren got tight rap skillz sayes jigga iz monotonous...
jigga ain monotonous....it jus like if you"d say biggie waz monotonous...he had a deep voice......ya know...

now jig never sounds fake when he goes deep....didnt you listen to hiz deep shit.....and when you"re callin a topic of a track bullshit itz just like sensoreship backwords....
dissmisin shit cauze of itz content.....
imo....fo tha 1000000000 time...mcz can choose whatever topicz dat they like...tha chalenge iz to bring tha listener into it....wit sharp ass lyrical structue...that also consentrates tha listener on tha topic of tha track (w.e it may be).....
nas only might have some sharp metaphores and vocal skillz (wit jigga overspitting them wit no problem imo).....but tha main point iz...they (nases lyricz) don lead anywhere....lol...you said jigga"z inconsistent....i think he iz one of tha most consistent pipz in da game....what totaly opositts nases nature.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

TheSheriff

« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2001, 03:17:47 AM »
Jay's voice grinds on my nerves. It sounds like it's still breaking. Warren, though he's no great rhymer, etc, has one of Puffy's upsides, a cool voice. Biggie sounded cool, Jay don't.

Yeah, I listened to all of Jay's albums, all his deep shit...And he don't draw me in. I like Big Pimpin, cause he comes tight. I like Izzo in one way, but I only enjoy them cause he's not trying to be deep.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2001, 03:22:02 AM »
WHAT BOUT "ANYTHING" "HARD KNOCK LIFE" "SOON YOULL UNDERSTAND" "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN" ....AND SHIT LIKE DIS...."song cry".....all tight deep shitz yo....i lovem...

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2001, 12:18:09 PM »
Yo,Jigga has way less charisma then Nas...IMO....i'ma leave with that.damnit noone responded to my big ass post ]=(..peace-Tanjint

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

cremedelaclem

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Mike T.V..... aka OsKa sWiNdLa      .............. .."Lifes a bitch and then you die"...
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2001, 07:22:33 AM »
imo...thats a really really tight verse from nas....but he made a big mistake....he didnt keep his cool.

everyone disagrees with me but i think in the biggie/pac war of words big came off stronger ...he kept his cool and hit pac with one liners like "its on nigga fuck all that bickerin beef/ i can see sweat trickelin down your cheek" where as pac wilded and let his lyrics slip in favour of "im gonna kill you you fat motherfucker" or whatever.

here nas resorts to digging up some shit about pun and how jay is his 'protege' or whatever...this proves to me that nas is living in the past because he knows jay has him by the balls right now.

jay killed nas by laughing at him...he killed that whole verse with that one line "thats a ONE hot album every TEN year average" lol....

the re-reply from jay should be interesting...i still think this whole thing might be a publicity stunt tho.
"and even after all my logic and my theory.............ill add a motherfucker so you ignorant niggas hear me"

TheSheriff

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2001, 07:45:25 AM »
Ya, I respect Big for being a man, and laughing it off.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2001, 08:10:45 AM »
to be honest...i never..for a second compared pacz opened disses to bigz subliminal disses....jus never thought of "whatz better" and shit....i loved and still love their both shitz.....

as for yo op towards jig and nas,CREM, i agree wit it....

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2001, 06:44:06 PM »
Is this 100% real?