Author Topic: Jermaine O'Neal should request a trade this summer  (Read 1101 times)

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
Re: Jermaine O'Neal should request a trade this summer
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2007, 01:39:11 AM »
Odom is only 1 year younger than JO and it is clear that Jermaine is the much better play obviousley, so I am very confused why any Laker fan wouldnt be up for that trade.

a much better post player. whereas odom is much better playmaker and passer, and just getting teammates involved in general. which is basically what the lakers need, since a very large portion of the team is youngsters who at times seem absolutely lost on the court.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2007, 10:17:34 AM »
Odom is only 1 year younger than JO and it is clear that Jermaine is the much better play obviousley, so I am very confused why any Laker fan wouldnt be up for that trade.

a much better post player. whereas odom is much better playmaker and passer, and just getting teammates involved in general. which is basically what the lakers need, since a very large portion of the team is youngsters who at times seem absolutely lost on the court.

Exactly...Add to that we've been building with Odom these last 3 years, and trading him would be a complete waste of our plan. It takes 2 years to fully understand the triangle...And JO is not a quick learner to begin with. No way do we fuck up our current chemistry and Phil Jackson's plan all for JO...PeACe

rik

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2007, 10:22:21 AM »
Yup, I wouldn't trade Odom neither. JO is the better post up player like Halu said, but Odom is the better all around player.

WC Iz Active

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2007, 10:30:51 AM »
Yup, I wouldn't trade Odom neither. JO is the better post up player like Halu said, but Odom is the better all around player.
Odom the better overall player LMAO? no chance! JO is a better defender and a better offensive player, its not even close. Would you compare Odom to KG or Duncan? NO, so why would you compare Odom to JO, its not even close LOL, Odom is nice but Jermaine is a 6 time all star who puts up 20 and 10 every night and leads the league in blocks, I could see why you wouldnt want to trade Odom, but to compare the two players is laughable, only a biased Laker fan thinks Odom is even close to Jermaine as a player LOL.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »
only a biased Laker fan thinks Odom is even close to Jermaine as a player LOL.

LOL. I've had enough of you underrating Odom as a player, homie...Odom is a 2nd option, JO would put very similar numbers (-assists & threes, +blocks) if he were traded to the Lakers. Odom was the leader of Team USA two years back...Stop underrating Odom, it's enough that he gets underrated by the league and basketball fans across the globe who think Wade is the greatest thing ever...

Remember last year you tried "laughing at me" when I claimed Odom was better than AK47?

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 10:58:21 AM »

LOL. I've had enough of you underrating Odom as a player, homie...Odom is a 2nd option, JO would put very similar numbers (-assists & threes, +blocks) if he were traded to the Lakers. Odom was the leader of Team USA two years back...Stop underrating Odom, it's enough that he gets underrated by the league and basketball fans across the globe who think Wade is the greatest thing ever...

Remember last year you tried "laughing at me" when I claimed Odom was better than AK47?

JO and Odom both do alot of things well. Spice, trading JO for Odom would screw up chemistry. But why trade for JO when you have a young guy like Bynum always getting better? Why have 2 great big guys when you have can have 1 really good big guy and a SF? You just gotta look more at the situation, not always about whose better, but whats better for the team...

The Best of 3 Worlds

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 10:59:48 AM »
Imo The Pacers should have tried to trade for Bibby, that would have given them another scorer they need. He would have made them better instantly

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »
Imo The Pacers should have tried to trade for Bibby, that would have given them another scorer they need. He would have made them better instantly

I agree.  And call me crazy but I actually think Tinsley could of helped the Kings in that system, plus we would of gave SAC, Shawne Williams who is a very nice prospect.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 01:32:25 PM »

JO and Odom both do alot of things well. Spice, trading JO for Odom would screw up chemistry. But why trade for JO when you have a young guy like Bynum always getting better? Why have 2 great big guys when you have can have 1 really good big guy and a SF? You just gotta look more at the situation, not always about whose better, but whats better for the team...

yep, both these posts are correct. as i've already said JO would be more useful than odom in the post, but odom is about a thousand times more versatile than jermaine o'neal is. that's not even opinion, thats standard basketball knowledge. have u seen odom playing wen kobe was gone during the pre-season and the beginning of the regular season when he single-handedly torched the suns in a victory? odom's shot has been a lil off since coming back from his injury which is why he's gotten a little more hesitant recently, but based off how he played in the jazz game i'd say he'll be back to normal soon enough.

it has nothing to do with bias, as i'm a fan of jermaine o'neal. but JO is not a kevin garnett, lets not kid ourselves. if we lose odom we lose a facilitator for the triangle offense, and the thought of JO replacing him there is comedic.

now we COULD use JO to replace bynum as the inside man, but i'm not too sure how popular that idea would be amongst some laker fans as many are hoping bynum would become better than JO.

rik

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 01:42:03 PM »
Odom the better overall player LMAO? no chance! JO is a better defender and a better offensive player, its not even close. Would you compare Odom to KG or Duncan? NO, so why would you compare Odom to JO, its not even close LOL, Odom is nice but Jermaine is a 6 time all star who puts up 20 and 10 every night and leads the league in blocks, I could see why you wouldnt want to trade Odom, but to compare the two players is laughable, only a biased Laker fan thinks Odom is even close to Jermaine as a player LOL.

Dog, laugh all you want but the fact is Odom flirts with a triple double like every other game. Let's see JO do that. I stand by what I say and that is that Lamar is the better all around player. He could post you up, take the outside shot, play D, pass, and run the offense. He could play almost every postion the the floor. Let's see JO do that. I'll say it again Lamar IS THE BETTER ALL AROUND PLAYER!

WC Iz Active

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »
^^^not even close, Odom is good but JO is great.  LMAO at comparing Odom and JO, you need to watch more non laker games homie

rik

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 04:10:25 PM »
Not even close? Dog we're talking about JO not KG or Duncan. JO is a very good player but he's not in the same caliber as KG or Duncan. Oh and I watch plenty of NBA games patna. I know what I'm talking about. Only a biased Pacer fan would say that JO is a WAY better player than Lamar.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 04:20:36 PM »
tell me something as a laker fan would you guys trade Bynum for JO and still keep Odom?I would do that shit in a heart beat because the lakers need to win now while Kobe and Odom are in their prime and not wait.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 06:19:11 PM »
Not even close? Dog we're talking about JO not KG or Duncan. JO is a very good player but he's not in the same caliber as KG or Duncan. Oh and I watch plenty of NBA games patna. I know what I'm talking about. Only a biased Pacer fan would say that JO is a WAY better player than Lamar.
its close, but u cant deny JO has had a better career..

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 06:59:28 PM »
tell me something as a laker fan would you guys trade Bynum for JO and still keep Odom?I would do that shit in a heart beat because the lakers need to win now while Kobe and Odom are in their prime and not wait.

Hell no!...Bynum is the future bro. Even if it takes him 5 years to start totally dominating, Kobe will STILL only be 32!!