Author Topic: Young Jeezy Tour With Jim Jones, Lil Wayne Is 'Strictly For The Streets'  (Read 65 times)

Damien J.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The long-talked-about tour featuring Young Jeezy, Fat Joe, Jim Jones and Lil Wayne is officially on. The outing is called the Street Dream Tour, and the Snowman is headlining.

Cash Money CEO Baby is also on the roster, as well as newcomer Rich Boy.

"Yeah, it's my tour," said Jeezy, who was also rumored to go on a tour of Def Jam artists. The label never officially announced that tour, although artists such as Rick Ross and Ludacris have expressed interest in the idea to MTV News. "I really wanted to go out with just some cats. It's one of them thangs, man. Them cats is up and running right now. There's bigger tours you can do, but I wanted to do something that was strictly for the streets — like them old-school shows you used to go to and all your favorite dudes was on the stage."

"It was a situation that I had to take," opening act Rich Boy told MTV News about joining the tour. "I'm excited for the chance to further my career and to be able to touch a larger amount of people than I would be by going on the road by myself. It's probably the best situation for me to be in. We're gonna be doing arenas, and I'm excited. I just wanna go hard and show the people I'm something that's worth going to buy. It's a great look. It just puts me on a higher pedestal."

Lil Wayne didn't give much away about his set with Baby but did hint that Cash Money might hit the stage with a live band. The Birdman was aloof as well. "It's gonna just be me and my young'n, going out there CMB-style — gangsta and fly within an hour of hits."

The tour starts on Saturday in Charlotte, North Carolina, and is slated to end April 29 in Los Angeles. Jeezy said more dates are being added.

While on the road, Jeezy will be working on his third album, which is coming out at the end of the year. He'll also be promoting his latest offering, The Inspiration, as well as the upcoming group record from his crew U.S.D.A. The collective includes MCs Blood Raw and Slick Pulla, and the trio just put out the first single "Check."

"U.S.D.A. album, what it is, it's a mixtape," he said. "But it's crazy. I wanted to do it mixtape-style 'cause I wanted it to be something for the streets. I drop it April 24th. We gonna call it Corporate Thuggin'. It's like Trap or Die on steroids. I love that. It's a street album, just raw."

From the streets to the charts: Jeezy's sophomore LP is already certified gold, and he should be able to reach the 1 million mark thanks to his R. Kelly-featuring single "Go Getta."

"I wanted to work with him, he was trying to work with me," the Snowman said of the collaboration. "I did something on his album, he did something on mine. It was more of like, if you want to go with them type of records, you gotta go with the dude that can make those type of records happen. I was comfortable on it. ... It's one of those records you could feel good about it when it comes on. Everybody's a go-getta."

Jeezy's next video has already been shot and is in the can for whenever "Go Getta" cools off. It's "Dreaming" with Keyshia Cole, and a clip for the song tells part of Jeezy's struggles before he started putting out records.

"Some people think you just pop up on TV like 'Here I am,' " he explained. "They don't know what you had to do to get there."

The Street Dream Tour dates, according to Def Jam:

· 3/3 - Charlotte, NC @ Cricket Arena
· 3/11 - Orlando, FL @ Convention Center
· 3/15 - Richmond, VA @ Richmond Coliseum
· 3/16 - Greenville, SC @ Bi-Lo
· 3/17 - Hampton, VA @ Hampton Coliseum
· 3/18 - Jacksonville, FL @ Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
· 3/23 - Cincinnati, OH @ U.S. Bank Arena
· 3/24 - Macon, GA @ Centreplex
· 3/25 - Nashville, TN @ Municipal Auditorium
· 3/28 - Toledo, OH @ Sports Arena
· 3/29 - Providence, RI @ Dunkin' Donuts Center
· 3/31 - Louisville, KY @ Louisville Gardens
· 4/1 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
· 4/5 - Little Rock, AR @ Alltel Arena
· 4/6 - Kansas City, MO @ Kemper Arena
· 4/8 - New Orleans, LA @ New Orleans Arena
· 4/12 - Milwaukee, WI @ U.S. Cellular Arena
· 4/13 - Indianapolis, IN @ Conseco Fieldhouse
· 4/14 - St. Louis, MO @ Scottrade Center
· 4/15 - Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
· 4/19 - Houston, TX @ Toyota Center
· 4/20 - Dallas, TX @ Convention Center
· 4/21 - El Paso, TX @ Cohen Stadium
· 4/22 - San Antonio, TX @ TBA
· 4/29 - Los Angeles, CA @ University of Southern California

This report is provided by MTV News (MTV.com)
Yo! Raps - The Game Belongs To Us | www.yoraps.com

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
They should add Luda aswell

kemizt