Author Topic: Ron Artest arrested on charges of domestic violence.  (Read 421 times)

"THE" MoSav

Re: Ron Artest arrested on charges of domestic violence.
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 10:46:28 AM »
Plus without Ron itll make it easier to dbl team Kmart

The Best of 3 Worlds

WC Iz Active

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 11:05:12 AM »
^^LOL. I've BEEN saying this. Ron doesn't really make the Kings much better, he's been having problems within their offense for quite some time now. I'm just really glad we didn't trade Odom for him when we had the chance...

damn homie, you are crazy if you think Artest doesnt make the Kings better LOL

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 11:18:40 AM »
^^LOL. I've BEEN saying this. Ron doesn't really make the Kings much better, he's been having problems within their offense for quite some time now. I'm just really glad we didn't trade Odom for him when we had the chance...

Actually, no I'm not...The players are not happy with him, the coach is not happy with him, he demands way too much offense for a decent offensive player. Players like Mike Bibby and Brad Miller digress around someone like Ron Artest. What they're good at does not work with an attention whore like him on the floor. Are the Kings really better? You're crazy if you say yes...Watch the Kings win more games now without Artest, causing Artest to get traded for some role players this summer...If Artest would be able to put his ego down and realized he's best suited to play defense, concentrated most of his effort on the defensive end, letting the shots come to him, then he would be an amazing player...Artest is a dumbfuck, a waste of talent, and not a player I'd want on my team...PeACe

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 12:20:11 PM »

Forreal. The Kings were at the bottom of the division last season, then they got Artest and ended up with the number 8 spot (and were actually 1 game away from the 7th spot because they had the tie-breaker with the Lakers). I'd say he made the team better.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 12:37:53 PM »

Forreal. The Kings were at the bottom of the division last season, then they got Artest and ended up with the number 8 spot (and were actually 1 game away from the 7th spot because they had the tie-breaker with the Lakers). I'd say he made the team better.

The Kings made a nice run last year...Obviously, if Artest was the cause for it, he wasn't able to duplicate it for this season. Brad Miller and Mike Bibby are the ones who stepped it up the most in the second half of last season. If you guys remember, Artest was a problem with Rick Adelman as well...And remember Artest's guarantees at a championship in '06? LMAO. Dude is delusional...It's hard to win with a guy like that...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 12:51:12 PM »

The Kings made a nice run last year...Obviously, if Artest was the cause for it, he wasn't able to duplicate it for this season. Brad Miller and Mike Bibby are the ones who stepped it up the most in the second half of last season. If you guys remember, Artest was a problem with Rick Adelman as well...And remember Artest's guarantees at a championship in '06? LMAO. Dude is delusional...It's hard to win with a guy like that...

Yeah but Artest took a lot of pressure off of everyone on the defensive end. I thought he meshed well with Bibby, Miller, Bonzi, and Martin.

As far as that Championship in 06 comment...Artest is Artest. Let's leave it at that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 12:59:20 PM »

Yeah but Artest took a lot of pressure off of everyone on the defensive end. I thought he meshed well with Bibby, Miller, Bonzi, and Martin.

As far as that Championship in 06 comment...Artest is Artest. Let's leave it at that.

If anything, the defense improved, not offense...He DID NOT mesh well with the players you mentioned on offense, he would jack up some ridiculous shots, causing the team to get upset half of the time. And speaking of Bonzi Wells, looks like he had more to do with the Kings' success than Artest did. Just look at what happened once Wells fled...

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 01:20:44 PM »
bonzi played a huge part in the kings' success last year, and im surprised so few people brought that up. bonzi is a powerhouse, he is 6'5 and 210 which is only about average size for a SG, but he fuckin destroyed everybody in the post, both on offense and defense. tim duncan couldnt even get a rebound over him when their teams faced off.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 01:39:41 PM »
bonzi played a huge part in the kings' success last year, and im surprised so few people brought that up. bonzi is a powerhouse, he is 6'5 and 210 which is only about average size for a SG, but he fuckin destroyed everybody in the post, both on offense and defense. tim duncan couldnt even get a rebound over him when their teams faced off.

Yeah he was a one-man wrecking crew against the Spurs.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 08:35:26 PM »
Sheriff's report: Kings forward Artest slapped victim

By DON THOMPSON, Associated Press Writer
March 6, 2007

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest slapped a woman's face and grabbed her repeatedly, causing visible injuries, according to a sheriff's report made public Tuesday.

Artest was arrested Monday after a woman inside his home in a Sacramento suburb called 911 and said she had been assaulted. In a portion of the 911 tape released by authorities, the woman described injuries to her hand and leg.

"Victim sustained visible trauma after being repeatedly grabbed by Artest and pushed to the floor," said the Placer County Sheriff's Department report. "Artest then slapped victim's face (and) by use of force prevented victim from leaving."

The report also said Artest took a phone from the woman the first time she tried to call 911.

Artest was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence and using force or violence to prevent the woman from reporting a crime. He was released from custody after posting a $50,000 bond and is awaiting a March 22 arraignment.

"Ron Artest, his family and supporters are working diligently to address this stressful situation," his agent, Mark Stevens, said in a statement. "Please be aware that Mr. Artest's main priorities are that of his family and his professional commitment to the Sacramento Kings. Ron's wife and children are respectfully requesting that you allow them the privacy needed to handle these matters in an appropriate manner."

In the 911 tape, released Tuesday by the sheriff's department, the woman calls a police dispatcher upset that Artest is leaving in a vehicle. After learning it's registered in both their names, the dispatcher says Artest has the legal right to take the vehicle.

The woman starts to hang up, then mentions "domestic violence."

"Ma'am, is there some fighting going on right now?" the dispatcher asks.

"Yeah, and he's upset," the woman replies.

"Did he hit you?" he asks.

"Oh, yeah, my hand is bleeding; I've got a scratch on my leg," she replies.

"Do you need medical, ma'am?"

"No. No. My finger's just bleeding. It's not stopping, but it's just bleeding. I'm not worried about my finger," the woman says.

The department released the initial 82 seconds of the call, which continued for about 15 minutes until deputies arrived at the home, said sheriff's department spokeswoman Dena Erwin.

Erwin said she could not elaborate on the nature of the woman's injuries. She also would not disclose the woman's relationship to Artest.

Authorities said a 3-year-old girl was inside the house at the time of the argument. She can be heard in the background of the 911 tape, talking to "daddy" and "mommy."

Placer County Deputy District Attorney Dan Quick said his office had yet to receive the report, but that prosecutors would review the 911 tape, photographs taken at the scene and other evidence.

"In cases like this, we don't do anything special as far as our treatment of them," Quick said. "We want to see what evidence was gathered before we make a charging decision."

Kings coach Eric Musselman said he spoke to Artest by telephone Monday night but would not describe their conversation. Musselman added that while Artest will be missed on the court, the rest of the team can't dwell on his absence beginning with Tuesday's game against Indiana.

"I think everybody understands that we have to move forward," he said. "We're concerned and we want the best for him and his family. Having said that, we have a job to do tonight to get ready for the game mentally and physically."

The Kings indefinitely removed Artest, the central figure in the 2004 brawl between Indiana Pacers players and Detroit Pistons fans, from the team while they seek more information about the arrest. Artest, who joined the Kings in January 2006, continues to receive his salary.

"We're just kind of wait and see," team spokesman Troy Hanson said. "I think there's a lot of things we still need to look at."

Teammate Corliss Williamson said he wanted to give Artest some space before reaching out to talk to him. Williamson said that despite Artest's reputation before joining the Kings last season, he's been a good teammate in his year in Sacramento.

"As a person, I think Ron is a good guy. I had the opportunity to be around him and I can't say he's a bad guy at all," Williamson said. "He's a great person to be around and a caring person more than people know. Unfortunately, he's been in some pretty bad incidents. Hopefully he can learn from that and do better."

Sheriff's deputies were called to Artest's five-acre estate in a gated community 25 miles northeast of Sacramento about 9:30 a.m. Monday. They said they found the player sitting quietly outside, the windshield of his Hummer shattered by a pot thrown by the woman.

Monday's incident was Artest's latest run-in with local authorities. Last month, county animal-control officers seized his Great Dane, Socks, because it wasn't being fed.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2007, 11:03:35 AM »

LOL@ bonzi
he was injured half the year, and was only good for 5 games in a playoff series. Give me a break he got way to much credit.
Martin is the young star for the Kings and if he keeps playing like he has and improving he is gaining more confidence everyday, the Kings will be fine and make the playoffs. Bibby, Miller, Martin, Salmons, Shareef..They got guys that can score and will be fine. I just like Artests defense, but he doesnt fit in that well with the offense, altho lately he had been playing better within the offense

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 11:10:18 AM »

LOL@ bonzi
he was injured half the year, and was only good for 5 games in a playoff series. Give me a break he got way to much credit.
Martin is the young star for the Kings and if he keeps playing like he has and improving he is gaining more confidence everyday, the Kings will be fine and make the playoffs. Bibby, Miller, Martin, Salmons, Shareef..They got guys that can score and will be fine. I just like Artests defense, but he doesnt fit in that well with the offense, altho lately he had been playing better within the offense

The Kings actually started playing well last season when Bonzi returned at full strength...Great smokescreen for Artest's "turnaround". :-X

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 05:24:09 PM »

LOL@ bonzi

The Kings actually started playing well last season when Bonzi returned at full strength...Great smokescreen for Artest's "turnaround". :-X

nah, he still missed some games right before the playoffs. Artest was the reason for the turnaround. Bonzi got way to much credit, i watched every game trust me!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 09:25:23 PM »

LOL@ bonzi

nah, he still missed some games right before the playoffs. Artest was the reason for the turnaround. Bonzi got way to much credit, i watched every game trust me!

I saw a lot of the games as well, and I simply noticed Artest taking a lot of stupid shots and disrupting the offense on numerous posessions. On the other hand, he can lock down some of the better players single-handedly, so he does a lot for the team on the defensive end. But I really think Artest is simply not a fit in Sac-Town...He was better suited in Indiana's offense...Lets see how the Kings do without him...PeACe

thisoneguy360

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 10:37:14 PM »
That sucks to be the kings, I don't really know shit about them though so who knwos