Author Topic: Ron Artest arrested on charges of domestic violence.  (Read 422 times)

WC Iz Active

Ron Artest arrested on charges of domestic violence.
« on: March 05, 2007, 02:49:51 PM »
Right when the Kings were starting to play real well.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Ron Artest arrested on charges of domestic violence.
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 02:55:16 PM »
Another brilliant move by Artest...

Link?

WC Iz Active

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »
espn.com

herpes

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:19:27 PM »
whats new, everyone in NY knew he was nuts back when he was still playing at st.johns.  *Looks at St. Johns BBall program now and looks at the program back in the day and gets sad*

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 03:21:53 PM »
Waiste of talent.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 03:46:34 PM »
Well what can you say... at the end of the day, you just gotta love not to have that dude on your team, I guess.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 03:48:39 PM »
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest was arrested Monday after a woman called 911 from his home saying she had been assaulted.

Placer County sheriff's deputies responded about 9:30 a.m. to Artest's five-acre estate in the Sacramento suburb of Loomis, where they found a woman who had suffered injuries, officials said. She declined medical attention.

Deputies arrested Artest on suspicion of domestic violence and using force or violence to prevent the woman from reporting a crime, sheriff's spokeswoman Dena Erwin said.

"He and the female were in the house and separated," Erwin said. "The deputies interviewed them and took Mr. Artest into custody."

Artest was booked into the Placer County Jail and released later on $50,000 bail.

Erwin said she could not disclose the woman's injuries or characterize her relationship with the player. She said Artest was cooperative when deputies arrived at his home.

The Kings did not respond to a telephone message left by The Associated Press. But spokesman Troy Hanson told The Sacramento Bee, "We are aware of the situation and are in the process of gathering information."

Artest has had previous run-ins with police.

He was at the center of the infamous brawl on Nov. 19, 2004, between Indiana Pacers players and Pistons fans at The Palace in Detroit. Just when a confrontation between players seemed to be over, Artest, lying on the scorer's table, was hit with a cup filled with an icy beverage. He bolted into the stands in a rage, followed by fist-swinging teammate Stephen Jackson. Artest and teammate Jermaine O'Neal later slugged fans on the court.

Two days later, Artest was suspended for the rest of the season -- 73 games, plus the playoffs -- in a move that cost him almost $5 million.

Artest and Jackson were sentenced to one year of probation and 60 hours of community service after pleading no contest to misdemeanor assault charges. In January, Artest was released from that probation.

Artest also has had trouble with local authorities.

Last month, county animal control officers seized Artest's Great Dane, Socks, from his home about 25 miles northeast of Sacramento. They said the animal wasn't being fed.

County records showed the NBA star had paid nearly $2,000 in boarding and impound fees for his dogs, which had spent 77 nights at the pound since July.

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 03:51:42 PM »
dude cannot stay out of trouble

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 04:18:35 PM »

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 08:15:21 PM »
Bibby and Martin seem to play even better when Ron's not in the lineup, but that was only a few games. Damn this sucks. Everyone is gonna have to step it up. The kings suspended him indefinlty. 2 games out and playing well, WHAT AN IDIOT!

The Best of 3 Worlds

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 09:20:11 PM »
Bibby and Martin seem to play even better when Ron's not in the lineup, but that was only a few games. Damn this sucks. Everyone is gonna have to step it up. The kings suspended him indefinlty. 2 games out and playing well, WHAT AN IDIOT!
martin was the player of the week in the west. hes been on a tear lately. as for artest im gonna bench him this week starting marbury at util hes been going off since crawford went down
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2007, 09:47:30 AM »
The allegation -- that Artest shoved a woman repeatedly to the floor and then used force to stop her from reporting the crime -- led to his being removed indefinitely from the team as the Kings fight for a spot in the National Basketball Association playoffs. He will continue to be paid his $7.15 million salary for this year. Artest was released on $50,000 bail after spending several hours in the Placer County jail in Auburn. He will be arraigned at 8:30 a.m. March 22 in Placer Superior Court.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2007, 10:14:58 AM »
damn this sucks. Martin might start avg 30 a game with no Ron taking 20 shots a game tho

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2007, 10:33:01 AM »
^^LOL. I've BEEN saying this. Ron doesn't really make the Kings much better, he's been having problems within their offense for quite some time now. I'm just really glad we didn't trade Odom for him when we had the chance...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
^^LOL. I've BEEN saying this. Ron doesn't really make the Kings much better, he's been having problems within their offense for quite some time now. I'm just really glad we didn't trade Odom for him when we had the chance...
we all knew that he wasnt the GREATEST for the offense, but you cant replace his defense\rebounding\hustle

The Best of 3 Worlds