Author Topic: Looking for the dr dre interview in the source 1996  (Read 451 times)

pinkito

• Lil Geezy
Looking for the dr dre interview in the source 1996
« on: January 15, 2007, 02:24:47 PM »
I read this in wikipedia:

" In 1996, just as Death Row records was signing rapper 2Pac and positioning him as their major star, Dre left Death Row records amidst a contract dispute and growing concerns that label boss Suge Knight was corrupt, financially dishonest and out of control. In an interview with the Source shortly after his departure, Dre alluded to incidents such as Suge Knight's beating of an engineer as pivotal in his decision to leave."

Does anyone have any link to that interview or can scan that from the magazine??

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Re: Looking for the dr dre interview in the source 1996
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 06:32:03 AM »

" In 1996, just as Death Row records was signing rapper 2Pac and positioning him as their major star, Dre left Death Row records amidst a contract dispute and growing concerns that label boss Suge Knight was corrupt, financially dishonest and out of control. In an interview with the Source shortly after his departure, Dre alluded to incidents such as Suge Knight's beating of an engineer as pivotal in his decision to leave."

Does anyone have any link to that interview or can scan that from the magazine??

I don't have a link, but I have an origional copy that I got when it came out.  It's my favorite hip-hop interview (and magazine) of all time.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Jungleboy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • From P-Funk to G-Funk
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 10:43:37 AM »

I don't have a link, but I have an origional copy that I got when it came out.  It's my favorite hip-hop interview (and magazine) of all time.
looks interesting. homie just scan this interview for us @dubcc

Quote from: Soopafly DPGC about his hands
I don't live for the man, but I do study him so I can hope my pimp hands one day become as strong as his. When i first started listening to him, my hands were only strong enough to crush a beetle.  Now that i've studied him for 15 years, my hands are strong enough to crush a dog.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 08:18:36 PM »

I don't have a scanner but I might be able to use one somewhere close by.  I'm working on it.  Your gonna love this interview.  To be honest, it actually changed my life as a 14 year old.  Considering the only thing I ever read was sports or hip-hop; but Dre was sounding so posotive and wise in this interview.  He was humble and way real. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

eNgIeS

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 10:27:00 PM »
I was actually thinkin of all this while i listened to California Love CDS lately

Suge robbed us of so much dope music some thats unreleased but some that never got to eventuate. If Suge didnt fuck up imagine this roster

Dr. Dre
Snoop Doggy Dogg (yes not Snoop Dogg)
2Pac
Warren G (he didnt sign because of the gangsta shit & Suge's bullying behavior "chevy 64 RED to be exact")
Nate Dogg
DJ Quik
Tha Dogg Pound
Lady Of Rage
Dr Dre & Ice Cube (Helter Skelter collabo)
Sam Sneed (can only imagine how dope the rest of the shit he did with Dre is, but hearing on the unreleased Dre remix things like Blue Berry's were dope as fuck)

THeres probably more im not mentioning but you can only salivate thinking about Dr Dre completing "Chronic II: Poppa's Gotta Brand New Funk" with tracks like Keep Your Heads Ringin, Dr Dre & Ice Cube completing Helter Skelter with there version of California Love. How about Snoop Doggy Dogg & 2Pac being laced with Dr. Dre beats. Lady of Rage finishing her Ear Gasm

for alll this, plus his outside studio practices, Suge can burn in hell

eNgIeS

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 10:28:32 PM »

I don't have a scanner but I might be able to use one somewhere close by.  I'm working on it.  Your gonna love this interview.  To be honest, it actually changed my life as a 14 year old.  Considering the only thing I ever read was sports or hip-hop; but Dre was sounding so posotive and wise in this interview.  He was humble and way real. 

mate if u can hook it up taht would be great.....what does he talk about

eNgIeS

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:30:43 AM »
please hook up :D