Author Topic: XXL Dogg Chit Review  (Read 471 times)

KURUPTION-81

XXL Dogg Chit Review
« on: March 11, 2007, 09:02:21 AM »
Not sure if this has already been posted.

XL

Perhaps the dogg pound took the moto "aint no fun if the homies cant have none" a bit too literally when they constructed last years re union album cali iz active. The discs title almost seems an afterthought, with all its non golden state cameos, from diddy to david banner, and sonic attempts to broaden there appeal. But on their latest effort Dogg Chit Daz dillinger and kurupt cut the crap and offer up an unrelenitingly balls out dose of west coast centric g funk.

Rhyming as if still in their death row heyday, the duo dumps on assorted bitches and bitch ass n***as over tracks full of squishy synths and arena rattling bass. Scored entirely by daz with a few assists from soopafly and ivan johnson the gangsta ethos runs thick. On the smoothed out "good day" kurupt explains "its just a california thing/ its the way we are, the way we bang/ ever since snoop dropped g thang."

That point is hammered home even further on "everybody" a guns blazing anthem for the c walking and hydraulic bouncing set and again on "anybody killa" feacturing a stellar verse from the game. Supported by a marauding piano break the three cali dons clarify that neather geography or gang affiliation will prevent them from sending a "n***a to a funeral home".

Daz znd kurupt are equally unforgiving when addressing the ladies. Partenity tests are dammed on "dat aint my baby" while the oral sex ode "cant get enuff" opens with fellatio slurping sound effects. One of the cds many agonizing interludes. In fact given the limited subject matter (gangbangin, guns and girls) the skits between almost every song are unnecessary additions to an already bloated 17 track disc.

Yet for all the gangsta posturising and women abusing daz and kurupt sound as fiery, outrageous and meatheaded as ever. With the production arching from vintage cali electro boogie grooves (vibe) to epic strings (this gangsta shit is ours) listeners wont mind revelling in politically incorrect bliss, thinking "damn thats the chit".

(why do rappers continue to put in pointless skits that just ruins the flow of the album ????)

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MIAMI4LIFE

Re: XXL Dogg Chit Review
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 09:25:17 AM »
can't wait for this to come out even though I already heard 1/3 of the tracks, dope shit 8)

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 09:51:15 AM »
Can't Wait!!!

eNgIeS

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »
im actually looking forward to this. i hadnt been a fan of DPG for a lil while now & you could tell Cali Iz Active was done to try & get a bigger audience with the P Diddy & other appearances. Glad to see em just do what they do best

Daz's RAW & Kurupts Streetz Iz A Mutha as well as Dogg Food show what these cats can do if they put there all in on it hopefully they bring it like this & continue too

"DPG still poppin"

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:33:17 AM »
sounds like I will think it's 4 star a little more or less depending almost solely on the melodies daz chooses.

not looking forward to skits, especially the one mentioned. hopefully one or two of 'em are warren doing the 'deez nuts' or snoop having a chronic breal

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:38:09 AM »
Approaching 2 weeks left, I got my Cadillac ready with the 15 inch subwoofers to bump this shit.  8)

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 12:42:59 AM »
Approaching 2 weeks left, I got my Cadillac ready with the 15 inch subwoofers to bump this shit.  8)

ain't it coming in april now?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 01:34:40 AM »
cant fuclkin wait 2 weeks

OG Snoopaveli

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 06:05:48 AM »

Sanford - V. President of the Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The movement is Suckaa Free.

Pick up 2 gats like Riley with a full 16 clip, on some sick shit like Lynch, while rippin a bitch's clit with beyonce's mouth on the tip of my dick.

Dangerous Crew Beeyatch!