Author Topic: Papoose - Victory 2007 (street single off new LP)  (Read 454 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: Papoose - Victory 2007 (street single off new LP)
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 06:58:11 PM »
A) I think we shouldn't propagate the phrase "street single".  It's lame.
B)  Is this worth DL'n?  I hate rappers taht are only good for metaphors/punchlines.  If this is 1000 punchlines thrown together I'd rather not hear it.

beleive me nigga, this shit is dope just for the last minute or so, nigga goes into a zone....i'm like you, i aint into rappers who do not say anything and only interesting in spittin glossed up shit...kinda like how banks has ALWAYS been wack to me bar some 16's but everyone can spit a dope verse right?haha....

but yo, check this shit out anyways, i think you will dig some of the shit he spits

pz

your word hold weight.  I'll DL.

haha we hiphop heads nigga, we think alike...but if you do not dig the joint, its aight, ima take the rap!

pz

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
the way pap zones out in the last minute is crazy

WC Iz Active

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 08:12:43 PM »
this song sucks. choppy as hell

herpes

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 08:14:09 PM »

and your opinion on rap holds no weight what so ever lol.  And dont even try and come here saying no one respects my opinion on hip hop b/c people here may not like me but the respect my opinion on the game.  Pap >>>> dip set >>>> lil wayne

WC Iz Active

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2007, 09:03:47 PM »

and your opinion on rap holds no weight what so ever lol.  And dont even try and come here saying no one respects my opinion on hip hop b/c people here may not like me but the respect my opinion on the game.  Pap >>>> dip set >>>> lil wayne

dude the song sucked lol, it was hella choppy and had no rhythm at all, no need to get all upset lol

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2007, 06:22:47 AM »
 :-\

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2007, 08:20:06 AM »
Sounds great

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Elevz

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 08:13:40 AM »
Oh my fucking god. That was hype as fuck! The beat is fucking insane, turning it into an anthem like I haven't heard in years.
Papoose came kinda corny as usual, trying too hard to be a good rapper (I thought the last minute was actually pathetic, with him trying so hard to impress people with his rhyming), but that couldn't spoil the fun.

I can't wait for this beat to appear on some mixtapes. Wow.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 08:30:34 AM »
^ Are you being sarcastic?  ;D

Elevz

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 09:00:05 AM »
On second spin, I wish I could say yes to that. I first listened to the radio rip, which really did have me hyped up. Now that I'm listening to the no-dj version, it's actually mediocre. The beat needs remixing... But I still think Papoose came kinda weak, especially with the forced rhyming in the end of the song. He actually sounds like he wishes he were Biggie. Biggie used to come up with crazy rhymes, but with him they all sounded natural, as if he would use exactly the same vocab when he was talking. Papoose is just forcing it.

Mediocre rapper, imo. He's so full of cliche's, like now he was saying stuff like "Homie, we run this!" ...Oh come on. It reminded me of his corny and played-out metaphor from the Touch It remix, where he's talking about holding NYC in his hand and every finger is one of the boroughs. His voice reminds me of Tony Yayo, his flow is so-so, his punches don't hit me and his creativity is non-existant. So much for being a "lyricist".

I still think the beat is a heater, and I still think Papoose is only average. I'll take the anthem statement I made back after hearing it in better quality and with no dj to hype the whole thing up :)

Besides, was he taking subliminal shots at Nas, 50 Cent, Jay-Z in the beginning of the song?

If I made a title that offends the whole industry, would you all say my title in your interviews?
If I came out, dissing every one of y'all, would I sell as much records as these other dudes?
If I said I was retiring but never left, would y'all all show me love when I come back?
If I ran the streets for the past two years, would you respect me or would you say 'Fuck Pap'?

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2007, 09:29:48 AM »
I respect your opinion but i don't agree with it at all, no way is pap an average rapper, he definately is inconsistent but i jus think that's because he releases so many songs and mixtapes that hes not always gonna murder every tune. This tune is monstorous and his flow at the end is bananas  :o, this tune and 'What makes me me' 8) have got me anticipating his album again.

O and i think he's just tryna get some punblicity about the tune with the subliminals at the beginning, so that people take notice, but i don't think he's tryna diss nas, jay or 50. Definately not nas cos he's done songs with him in the past like 'Across the tracks'.

This songs banging and even tho i don't like pap that much (his voice is boring and he can't make decent all round tunes consistently) i can't wait for his album! NACIREMA DREAM!!!!!

Sickaluffa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my bitch drives what u drive and she got new tits
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2007, 09:46:10 AM »
thx for the hookup