Author Topic: Allen Iverson >>> Steve Nash  (Read 743 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Allen Iverson >>> Steve Nash
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 11:38:51 AM »
I just think they looked like a tougher match-up with Diaw as the starting center. It fit their small-ball style of play perfectly. Not saying Amare hurts them, but do you really think Phoenix has a chance in the half-court?

I watch Phoenix's game and IMO it is their shot selection and lack of half court defense that kills them. L.A. has the blueprint to beat them, but I think their offense has alot of ball movement and players cutting to a spot or to the basket. They are a jump shooting team and as hot as you are is as cold as you will be depending on jumpers and 3's. It is their decision making that kills them. You can tell they panic in crunch time. Which makes no sense when you have a point guard like Nash. Just work the clock and be patient and work to get a good shot. Not Phoenix.

Yea, that's a pretty good assessment. You live by the jumpshot, you die by the jumpshot. Phoenix already did their living...PeACe

d-nice

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 12:15:51 PM »
I just think they looked like a tougher match-up with Diaw as the starting center. It fit their small-ball style of play perfectly. Not saying Amare hurts them, but do you really think Phoenix has a chance in the half-court?

I watch Phoenix's game and IMO it is their shot selection and lack of half court defense that kills them. L.A. has the blueprint to beat them, but I think their offense has alot of ball movement and players cutting to a spot or to the basket. They are a jump shooting team and as hot as you are is as cold as you will be depending on jumpers and 3's. It is their decision making that kills them. You can tell they panic in crunch time. Which makes no sense when you have a point guard like Nash. Just work the clock and be patient and work to get a good shot. Not Phoenix.

Yea, that's a pretty good assessment. You live by the jumpshot, you die by the jumpshot. Phoenix already did their living...PeACe

I look at possessions more with Phoenix. And against L.A., Dallas and San Antonio, hell even Houston and Utah, you are only going to have a certain amount of possessions. And Phoenix does not have the patience on offense or defense to make those count. So what do you have to do? Speed the game up to have more possessions. A good defensive team with good rebounding on the offensive and defensive end will give Phoenix problems if they keep the game in the 80-90's score wise. They will win 1 or 2 games in a series just off good shooting but if they do not speed the game up to create more shots when they are cold, they are in trouble.

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 01:05:12 PM »
i would take AI anyday over Nash.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »
AI= greatest little man ever

:-X

Isiah Thomas!

I really meant NON pg's, i should have said that

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 03:40:03 PM »

Isiah Thomas!

AI is a point guard...LOL.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 03:43:25 PM »

Isiah Thomas!

he plays PG, but hes a natural 2

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 03:45:55 PM »

Isiah Thomas!

Isiah was pretty much the same as Iverson...

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2007, 03:53:35 PM »

Isiah Thomas!

almost but he other guys around him that could score, he wasnt a one man show like AI has been pretty much his whole career. AI never had a Joe Dumars to take off the pressure lets just say that. Isiah didnt have to score 30 a game to win, like AI had to do for most of his career in Philly. The year he took them to the title loss vs the Lakers he played 2 as you probably know im sure. I think hes much more effective when he has a PG on his team where he can play 2.

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »

Isiah Thomas!

almost but he other guys around him that could score, he wasnt a one man show like AI has been pretty much his whole career. AI never had a Joe Dumars to take off the pressure lets just say that. Isiah didnt have to score 30 a game to win, like AI had to do for most of his career in Philly. The year he took them to the title loss vs the Lakers he played 2 as you probably know im sure. I think hes much more effective when he has a PG on his team where he can play 2.

Still, Isiah>>>Iverson>>>Nash

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2007, 09:07:43 PM »

Isiah Thomas!

Still, Isiah>>>Iverson>>>Nash

The Best of 3 Worlds

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 08:12:33 AM »
Allen Iverson is a loser. Look at how the Nuggets still won't own despite having the 2 leading scorers (before the trade). Pathetic.

Also look at how great Iggy became since Iverson left. All that nigga does is taking up shots, he might get assists but Nash is much, much better at giving a true boost to the entire team and getting the W than Iverson ever was. He can get his stats but he can't be arsed to get Ws like it ain't nothing.

He's obviously the better individual player but I wouldn't even think of building a team around his sorry ass.

Yea, that's why Iverson got to the finals and Nash NEVER will, huh? Iverson and Carmelo barely played any games together yet. When they have, they've been KILLIN...

Hell, just take a look at this box score...It's also more evidence that Iverson is way better:

http://www.nba.com/games/20070317/PHXDEN/boxscore.html

There was 1 year, more than half a decade ago when Iverson was able to get a lot of Ws. Whoopty doo, the Sixers are not worse off without him, LOL, that should tell you everything.

About the Box score... well, Iverson had probably the best game of the season there, while Nash had a rather bad game. Luckily that happened in the direct match-up for you to act like it would show how they do head-to-head, but hey at the end of the day you just cloud reality with the help of statistics.

Anyways, I am eager to be proven wrong by Iverson, I really am. But so far all he has shown to me is that he got skills but not what it takes to be a Winner on a consistant basis.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 10:45:40 AM »
Allen Iverson is a loser. Look at how the Nuggets still won't own despite having the 2 leading scorers (before the trade). Pathetic.

Also look at how great Iggy became since Iverson left. All that nigga does is taking up shots, he might get assists but Nash is much, much better at giving a true boost to the entire team and getting the W than Iverson ever was. He can get his stats but he can't be arsed to get Ws like it ain't nothing.

He's obviously the better individual player but I wouldn't even think of building a team around his sorry ass.

Yea, that's why Iverson got to the finals and Nash NEVER will, huh? Iverson and Carmelo barely played any games together yet. When they have, they've been KILLIN...

Hell, just take a look at this box score...It's also more evidence that Iverson is way better:

http://www.nba.com/games/20070317/PHXDEN/boxscore.html

There was 1 year, more than half a decade ago when Iverson was able to get a lot of Ws. Whoopty doo, the Sixers are not worse off without him, LOL, that should tell you everything.

About the Box score... well, Iverson had probably the best game of the season there, while Nash had a rather bad game. Luckily that happened in the direct match-up for you to act like it would show how they do head-to-head, but hey at the end of the day you just cloud reality with the help of statistics.

Anyways, I am eager to be proven wrong by Iverson, I really am. But so far all he has shown to me is that he got skills but not what it takes to be a Winner on a consistant basis.

And Steve Nash is a winner, right? ::) The suituation in Philadelphia was disgusting, the way Iverson was treated. Of course his heart wasn't there! do you even know the circumstances? Iverson doesn't wanna rebuild 11 years into his career, man. I'm not clouding SHIT. Head-to-head, Iverson is a WAY better player, that's all there is to it...

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 06:34:37 AM »
^Well there's a good chance they'll face each other in the playoffs next month, we'll see who was real about shit then.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2007, 01:05:43 PM »
Iverson's career > Nash's career. Right now, at this current stage in their careers, I'd take Nash and it's a no-brainer for me.

Right now Nash's game is approaching that of legends like Isaih Thomas. He's doing things on the basketball court that haven't been seen since legends like Isaih and Magic retired. He's averaging 11 assists a game and is shooting 50% from the floor, which is incredible considering that most of shots are jumpers. If you look at Nash's play and you see his footwork, his court vision, his clutch play, honestly I see shades of Magic when I watch him play. His game is a thing of beauty.

Nash IMO is the 2nd best player in the NBA behind Kobe.
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2007, 02:32:43 PM »
Iverson's career > Nash's career. Right now, at this current stage in their careers, I'd take Nash and it's a no-brainer for me.

Right now Nash's game is approaching that of legends like Isaih Thomas. He's doing things on the basketball court that haven't been seen since legends like Isaih and Magic retired. He's averaging 11 assists a game and is shooting 50% from the floor, which is incredible considering that most of shots are jumpers. If you look at Nash's play and you see his footwork, his court vision, his clutch play, honestly I see shades of Magic when I watch him play. His game is a thing of beauty.

Nash IMO is the 2nd best player in the NBA behind Kobe.

Naah, man. Nash is nowhere NEAR the likes of an Isiah or a Magic. Nash is a player who concentrates all his effort on one aspect of the game, and excels in it. Sorta like what Bowen does for defense, Nash does for Phoenix's system. Phoenix play the game at a much higher pace and focus their main efforts on the offensive end. There's a reason everyone has career years number-wise playing D'Antonios system, and that reason is not Nash. The system calls for more shots, more passes, pass and shoot, run, run, run, pass and shoot, pass and shoot, etc. etc. which results in high assists, point totals, and rebounds (since there's more missed shots). Shawn Marion is a top 3 fantasy player because of the system. Can anyone say Shawn Marion is a top 3 player in the league? Hell no...Nash did not all of a sudden get drastically better at the age of 31 by leaving the Mavs, no way. Lets think rationally. It's the system producing these numbers, a system that will allow a Nick Collison to average 26 points and 18 rebounds against it. Nash is really good, don't get me wrong. But by no means should he be mentioned under the same breath as Earvin "Magic" Johnson...PeACe
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 02:34:56 PM by Now_I_Know »