Author Topic: Sony loses yet another exclusive, DEVIL MAY CRY 4 COMING TO 360!!  (Read 205 times)

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
The Devil May Cry for More Systems
DMC 4 confirmed for 360, PC.

March 19, 2007 - Nothing seems to go Sony's way these days. One of the PlayStation 3's bigger exclusives, Devil May Cry 4, is also coming to Xbox 360 and PC. To pour salt into Sony's wounds, Capcom announced that the 360 version would release simultaneously with the PS3 edition.

"Capcom is committed to making its titles available to as wide an audience as possible, and has been building its technology base to meet that goal," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. "This announcement means that PS3, Xbox 360 and PC owners worldwide will be able to experience the latest installment of one of Capcom's pillar franchises."

Having sold more than seven million units on PlayStation 2, the DMC series is ready to tackle the next-generation of consoles. DMC4 introduces a brand new protagonist, Nero, who uses the mysterious "Devil Bringer" arm to unleash "non-stop combos."

It's unknown if Capcom will offer unique content for each platform. However, in a press release issues today, Capcom stated that "each version of the game will be maximized to take advantage of the systems' strengths."

No release date has been set for Devil May Cry 4, though the console version are expected to arrive sometime this year.

-IGN.com

Didnt see this one coming,pretty fuckin sweet!

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Sony loses yet another exclusive, DEVIL MAY CRY 4 COMING TO 360!!
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 04:06:27 AM »
I knew that would happen, didn't really surprise me at all.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Bedford Iz Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • O.Gz Movements.
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:38:33 AM »
oooooo... :o that's a big blow lol.
Boy Better Know I roll deep with the Nastiest crew, i'm P-Money but i'm O.Gz too"

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 01:03:28 PM »

lol hindsight bias??

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »
It's not hard to imagine any past PS exclusive games going to 360. It would be stupid if they didn't come out on both systems. They would lose tons of money.

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 01:30:35 PM »

lol hindsight bias??

No, I just had a strong feeling that DMC4 would end up on 360. PS3 was losing every other decent exclusive it had, so I figured capcom would follow with DMC and I was right.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 07:58:29 PM »
i will be coppin. game looks sick

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »
i will be coppin. game looks sick

yup me too

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 04:03:00 AM »
The flipside of this is that there'll be conversions of Lost Planet and Dead Rising to the PS3....hopefully

Visualize what you can't see

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 12:14:45 AM »
The flipside of this is that there'll be conversions of Lost Planet and Dead Rising to the PS3....hopefully
thats what I think. it will be probably be out later, kinda like vf5 on 360.
gee, dmc4 was the only reason for me to get a ps3, I guess I dont have any benefit to get one now.
I'm pretty sure sony will also loose the exclusivity for mgs 4.

Smoke Break

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 12:15:52 AM »
I hope so, I want a sequel to dead rising.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 03:05:15 AM »
thats what I think. it will be probably be out later, kinda like vf5 on 360.
gee, dmc4 was the only reason for me to get a ps3, I guess I dont have any benefit to get one now.
I'm pretty sure sony will also loose the exclusivity for mgs 4.

I don't think MGS4 will be on 360 anytime soon. The Octo-Camo used in the game is currently only capable using PS3 technology and any SIXAXIS features obviously cannot be ported.

The guy who designed MGS even said he'd rather make exclusive games for each system than simple ports, so some sort of MGS title will probably come out on 360 & Wii eventually.