Author Topic: Christians have gone too far in Minnesota  (Read 285 times)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Christians have gone too far in Minnesota
« on: March 21, 2007, 09:15:49 PM »
I'm from Cali, and we have 24 hour liquor stores. Here in Minnesota, not only do they close at 10 every night, they are the only place in the state to buy alcohol other than cheap 3.2 alcohol beer at the grocery store. On top of that, YOU CAN'T BUY ALCOHOL ON SUNDAYS!!! This is messed up. What about non Christians who want to buy alcohol on a Sunday. These religious beliefs are being forced on me. Shit, in Cali, when I want a bottle of Jack on Sunday at 3am, I can get it. Not here. Damn Christians forcing their views on me.

Samoan Enforcer

Re: Christians have gone too far in Minnesota
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2007, 03:46:38 PM »
even in california you cant buy liquor 24/7. its a safety issue not moral. as for sunday yeah you live in hick ass minnesota with your eyebrow trimming partner in crime bry guy. i like how you are trying to use this as a counterpoint to all the bullshit muslims are trying to pull. if you agree with the towelheads you cant be mad at christians. well you can cuz muslims are hateful by nature but thats a fallacy dog you need to stop

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2007, 08:31:15 PM »
hick ass minnesota

>:(

I'm from Cali, and we have 24 hour liquor stores. Here in Minnesota, not only do they close at 10 every night, they are the only place in the state to buy alcohol other than cheap 3.2 alcohol beer at the grocery store. On top of that, YOU CAN'T BUY ALCOHOL ON SUNDAYS!!! This is messed up. What about non Christians who want to buy alcohol on a Sunday. These religious beliefs are being forced on me. Shit, in Cali, when I want a bottle of Jack on Sunday at 3am, I can get it. Not here. Damn Christians forcing their views on me.

Drive to Wisconsin then. It's only like a half an hour away from the Twin Cities. OR buy your shit before the LQ closes. It's better than living in a dry city where drinking is frowned upon, right?

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 08:11:26 AM »
Washington state used to be like that too.  British Columbia was too.  That shit was annoying, lol.  Clubs here in Vancouver aren't allowed to serve liquor past 3am.  It's heavily regulated and taxed here.  Just be glad you don't have to spend $56.00 on a bottle of Hennessy.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 09:09:49 AM »
even in california you cant buy liquor 24/7. its a safety issue not moral. as for sunday yeah you live in hick ass minnesota with your eyebrow trimming partner in crime bry guy. i like how you are trying to use this as a counterpoint to all the bullshit muslims are trying to pull. if you agree with the towelheads you cant be mad at christians. well you can cuz muslims are hateful by nature but thats a fallacy dog you need to stop

you must not be from Cali. In California, we have these things called liquor stores, and they are open 24/7. At least in the IE, and you can walk in at 3-4am, and walk out with bread, cheese and a bottle of Jose. Same with gas stations, they sell regular beer 24/7, fill up your Impala, get a hot dog and Corona. They sell liquor in the grocery store, though they close at midnight. And I rearly seen liquor stores card. I remember my cousin, just 18 at the time, bought a bunch of shit, including Alize and some Blacks. No card, no questions asked. Then again, maybe that's IE culture, who knows.

I think Minnesota though is too religious in this aspect. I mean, why not sell alcohol on Sundays? Because it's God's day, what about those who don't celebrate. This is religious discrimination. I ain't asking for 24/7 liquor stores, just a chance to buy a Corona on Sunday. This shit is crazy. I remember in college, we'd buy out the store on Saturday 'cause we couldn't go back on Sunday, but it was hard sneaking that shit in the dorm. Religious discrimation I say.

As for Muslims, I can give a fuck what they do, they ain't forcing me to not eat pork. I stay eating bacon in the morning. I do think it's dumb that people in Minnesota are mad at them. It's like people here are like, you either fit in or we hate you, but we wouldn't kick you out 'cause of Minnesota nice. These people are crazy.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 04:29:58 PM »
^you are wrong kid. i dont care if you visited your auntie in rancho cucamonga 5 years ago shit has changed. if you're too lazy to buy your liquor on saturday (i doubt you get your swerve on anyway) than you should also be too fuckin lazy to ring up your own bacon cuz some towelhead will be cursed if he touches the package. smarten up m doggie

Elevz

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 05:06:50 PM »
What exactly is the point? You're saying it's ridiculous you can't go out to buy stuff at any given time in Minnesota? Well, let me reverse the question... Why should these people keep their stores opened at 4:30 on a Sunday morning because someone -might- be interested in buying a bottle of liquor? Why do these Californian liquor stores even do that? Has life really become an endless cycle of consuming now that we'll even complain about stores being CLOSED some of the time?

I'm not a Christian, but I agree with them on this. Why can't we just have one day where we chill the fuck out, and not be worried about consuming and being busy all the time. Why shouldn't we?

And let's not forget: nobody's telling you that you can't drink liquor on Sundays. Nobody's forcing their morals on you. Why don't you buy a bottle earlier on in the week, so you can drink on Sunday?

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »
It's not even about the reglious aspect here in Minnesota. It's more so because Minnesota is 2nd behind Wisconsin in terms of total alcohol sales. People drink too much around here.

Besides, from the sound of it, California along with other states have a license to sell food as well as liquor in their stores. You might be able to find a liquor store in northern Minnesota like that, but pretty much all liquor stores in the Twin Cities is liquor only. The tax on alcohol is quite a bit here for a state that is pretty close to both Milwaukee (Miller) and St. Louis (Bud), and food licenses cost a lot and come with higher restrictions.

da pink panther

• 'G'
  • capo status
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 07:34:46 PM »
What exactly is the point? You're saying it's ridiculous you can't go out to buy stuff at any given time in Minnesota? Well, let me reverse the question... Why should these people keep their stores opened at 4:30 on a Sunday morning because someone -might- be interested in buying a bottle of liquor? Why do these Californian liquor stores even do that? Has life really become an endless cycle of consuming now that we'll even complain about stores being CLOSED some of the time?

I'm not a Christian, but I agree with them on this. Why can't we just have one day where we chill the fuck out, and not be worried about consuming and being busy all the time. Why shouldn't we?

And let's not forget: nobody's telling you that you can't drink liquor on Sundays. Nobody's forcing their morals on you. Why don't you buy a bottle earlier on in the week, so you can drink on Sunday?

yo my teacher b tellin us dat comunist places like russia n shit b like that  but dis is america  niggas out here gotta buy what we want  when we want

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2007, 08:55:24 PM »
^you are wrong kid. i dont care if you visited your auntie in rancho cucamonga 5 years ago shit has changed. if you're too lazy to buy your liquor on saturday (i doubt you get your swerve on anyway) than you should also be too fuckin lazy to ring up your own bacon cuz some towelhead will be cursed if he touches the package. smarten up m doggie

where the fuck you from. My aunts live in either Redlands, Riverside, Rialto or Colton. And I get home quiet a bit. Difference, In California, alcohol is sold by private agencies... so if a liquor store wants to be open 24/7, they can. The state doesn't regulate that, at least not beer. Hard liquor, maybe.

In Minnesota... the liquor stores are related to the state, and it's fucked up. The state should either open up on Sundays... or let private businesses get in the business too.

It's not about having a day to chill... it's about the fact that the day they chose is Sunday. That's religious based... and that's wrong the government is forcing this bullshit. If they want a day to chill... why not Wednesday?

da pink panther

• 'G'
  • capo status
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 12:30:38 AM »

It's not about having a day to chill... it's about the fact that the day they chose is Sunday. That's religious based... and that's wrong the government is forcing this bullshit. If they want a day to chill... why not Wednesday?

cuz every1 chills on sunday n maybe dem motherfuckas go 2 church

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 12:34:10 AM »

where the fuck you from. My aunts live in either Redlands, Riverside, Rialto or Colton. And I get home quiet a bit. Difference, In California, alcohol is sold by private agencies... so if a liquor store wants to be open 24/7, they can. The state doesn't regulate that, at least not beer. Hard liquor, maybe.

In Minnesota... the liquor stores are related to the state, and it's fucked up. The state should either open up on Sundays... or let private businesses get in the business too.

The state does not run the liquor stores. I work at a liquor store in the southwest suburbs of Minneapolis. The municiple liquor stores are owned by the city, but there are hundreds of private liquor stores in the Twin Cities as well.

It's just a law. Several other states have the same law. It happens. It's not religious based.

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:19 AM »
you should have stocked up the day before

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 12:45:42 AM »

cuz every1 chills on sunday n maybe dem motherfuckas go 2 church

who cares... christian days should not be when they don't sell alcohol. I understand federal holidays like Christmas, but not Sundays. Hell, why sell on Saturday then, the city and state are close then too. This is as religious as it gets.

Samoan Enforcer

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 02:14:37 AM »
face it mexican dogg, America is still christian if not an agnostic nation. i know you want to submit (homo?) to allah and be very unique by being muslim but you whole thread is a mute point sorry  dogg