Author Topic: So today at Best Buy, I bought Redman & Prodigys new albums  (Read 277 times)

Al Bundy

So today at Best Buy, I bought Redman & Prodigys new albums
« on: March 27, 2007, 11:23:29 AM »
And they are both heat! Redman is still relevant in the game and Prodigy really stepped his game up since Blood Money.

Also, get them at Best Buy because both are 9.99 and the Prodigy comes with extra tracks.

Al Bundy

Re: So today at Best Buy, I bought Redman & Prodigys new albums
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 05:37:09 PM »
no one likes these albums or what?

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 05:53:46 PM »
Prodigy is banging, but I haven't had time listen to Redman yet, I heard it's fire.

Al Bundy

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:28:55 PM »
Redmans is probably the best out of the three I bought today (Dogg Chit, Return of the Mac, and Red Gone Wild)

herpes

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 07:10:14 PM »
probably goin cop them thursday

d-nice

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 07:18:28 PM »
Redmans is probably the best out of the three I bought today (Dogg Chit, Return of the Mac, and Red Gone Wild)

Yeah Redman's is dope as fuck. Why is it the weaker albums are getting all the promotion (jeezy, rick ross, etc) and the veterans are dropping the best albums but have no promotion (redman, method man, ghostface)

everlast1986

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 07:33:31 PM »
^because Jay-Z has some sort of dislike thing towards his wu tang artists because if you look at Ghostface and Method Mans albums released the last couple of years Def Jam barely promoted them compared to all their other artists

With Redman its still too early to tell wether hes getting the right promotion. He has a video that just came out for a Timbaland produced single so i don't see why that won't blow up and help his sales out but most likely he will just flop like Ghostface and Meth did. Too bad because 'Red Gone Wild' is solid IMO

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 07:54:07 PM »

Yeah Redman's is dope as fuck. Why is it the weaker albums are getting all the promotion (jeezy, rick ross, etc) and the veterans are dropping the best albums but have no promotion (redman, method man, ghostface)

The industry doesn't want the older rappers like Meth, Ghost, Roots, etc out there. Payola has little to no effect for these albums. I have to say that Jeezy album was pretty great.

d-nice

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:07:54 PM »

The industry doesn't want the older rappers like Meth, Ghost, Roots, etc out there. Payola has little to no effect for these albums. I have to say that Jeezy album was pretty great.

Excluding beats, lyrically Method Man, Redman and Ghostface albums are light years ahead of Jeezy. Jeezy's is cool to bump in the ride though.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 10:23:59 PM »

Excluding beats, lyrically Method Man, Redman and Ghostface albums are light years ahead of Jeezy. Jeezy's is cool to bump in the ride though.

Yeah, Jeezy's lyrics are nothing special, u right about that one.

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 01:26:06 AM »
I've listened to Prodigy's once and on first listen it was okay.. nothing special to me but I need to listen to it a few more times.  I haven't listened to Redman's yet.

I don't get paid for another week and I think 99% of my paycheck is already spoken for so I don't think I will be buying anything this paycheck.

XaNdEr

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 01:37:35 AM »

jeezy is weak? fuck that, i still listen to his last album man, imo The Inspiration >>>>> Doctors Advocate as a whole....

d-nice

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 07:44:18 AM »

jeezy is weak? fuck that, i still listen to his last album man, imo The Inspiration >>>>> Doctors Advocate as a whole....

It's a cool album but again for lyrical content, it is not Method Man, Redman or Ghostface. Even The Roots for that matter. I would like to see Def Jam put the same effort in upcoming dope albums like those as they do Rick Ross, Jeezy and a few others thats all.

Al Bundy

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:15 AM »

It's a cool album but again for lyrical content, it is not Method Man, Redman or Ghostface. Even The Roots for that matter. I would like to see Def Jam put the same effort in upcoming dope albums like those as they do Rick Ross, Jeezy and a few others thats all.

For real. Redman still keeps it 100% but has that mainstream appeal with Put It Down (which I think is dope)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 11:45:12 AM »
i bought DOGG CHIT n BUCK THE WORLD