17 (53.1%)
D&YG2: Tha Saga continuez
2 (6.3%)
Cali Iz Active
0 (0%)
Dogg Chit
13 (40.6%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: 2nd best DoggPound album  (Read 670 times)

d-nice

Re: 2nd best DoggPound album
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 01:42:36 PM »
Dillinger & Young Gotti. Mike Dean & Daz Dillinger made a nice combination. The beats are insane on that album. If the album was on a major it would have gone at least gold. How Many was such a Dogg Pound Gangsta track on there. Sounded like some rock shit. Too many favorites on that album. I don't count 2002, that was a compilation of tracks and it had no flow to it. Every Single Day is still one of the greatest DPG songs of all time though.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
I guess one could say they are both equal albums, Dogg Food is held in such high regard, I think it's hard for the fans to call any thing else they ever put out any better.
D & YG did accomplish what they wanted too sonically imo, just so many classic cuts too me. I don't know exactly what appeals to me more about D & YG than Dogg Food, it just does.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 02:22:52 PM »
Too many consecutive pussy songs on "D&YG" to consider it a classic...Still a great album with excellent production, but it just can't see "Dogg Food"...PeACe

MIAMI4LIFE

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 02:32:56 PM »
nobody voted for CIA ;D, I like DYG but I think Dogg Chit is more of a true DPG sound

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 02:41:36 PM »
Too many consecutive pussy songs on "D&YG" to consider it a classic...Still a great album with excellent production, but it just can't see "Dogg Food"...PeACe

You don't like pussy NIK?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 02:45:38 PM »

I love pussy...I just dunno about hearing 10 songs in a row about pussy.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 02:49:59 PM »

There were only 4 songs about pussy, one was mostly an interlude. I'm not a huge fan of pussy songs either, but Daz & Kurupt are hilarious about it, and they are probably the best at making "pussy" songs, which makes it much better. The prodtion on those 4 tracks was exempliary too

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 02:53:53 PM »

There were only 4 songs about pussy, one was mostly an interlude. I'm not a huge fan of pussy songs either, but Daz & Kurupt are hilarious about it, and they are probably the best at making "pussy" songs, which makes it much better. The prodtion on those 4 tracks was exempliary too

sometimes it's tight, sometimes it ain't cause sometimes they'll just paint an image in an inartistic way "make a bitch grab my dick and suck the cum out.." like ewgh man, shit is agh. although, I do appreciate songs like gitta strippin' in a way i couldn't before because I can detach myself more and just appreciate the sonicality of it. gitta strippin is tight.
BUT Nik speaks truth, among the biggest flaws is the 4 pussy songs in a row.

-T
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:01:14 PM by Tanjibility-The Dangerous Crew Movement »

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 02:59:29 PM »

sometimes it's tight, sometimes it ain't cause sometimes they'll just paint an image in an artistic way "make a bitch grab my dick and suck the cum out.." like ewgh man, shit is agh. although, I do appreciate songs like gitta strippin' in a way i couldn't before because I can detach myself more and just appreciate the sonicality of it. gitta strippin is tight.

-T
I dunno I loved these particular tracks. Remember there was another song in between the pussy songs, some party track. Yeah, some of the shit is gross but it's not like anyone here can't relate to the shit they say, and to me they are funny ass guys. I woulda have rather had the pussy songs grouped together than mixed in the gangsta shit.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 03:02:38 PM »

sometimes it's tight, sometimes it ain't cause sometimes they'll just paint an image in an artistic way "make a bitch grab my dick and suck the cum out.." like ewgh man, shit is agh. although, I do appreciate songs like gitta strippin' in a way i couldn't before because I can detach myself more and just appreciate the sonicality of it. gitta strippin is tight.

-T
I dunno I loved these particular tracks. Remember there was another song in between the pussy songs, some party track. Yeah, some of the shit is gross but it's not like anyone here can't relate to the shit they say, and to me they are funny ass guys. I woulda have rather had the pussy songs grouped together than mixed in the gangsta shit.
the way they did it on dogg food was cool, one right after another and that was it. that was coo'

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 03:46:37 PM »
After "Coastin", you got 6 consecutive tracks about partying/bitches...Not that the tracks are bad, I think the album is great overall. I just think it took away from it's potential to be classic...PeACe

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 03:54:41 PM »
I still gotta go with the way the music hits me, D & YG is a classic 8) 8) 8) I don't need to hear gangsta rap on every track.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 04:02:38 PM »
I still gotta go with the way the music hits me, D & YG is a classic 8) 8) 8) I don't need to hear gangsta rap on every track.

that's coo'. there's a few things about dogg food though...for one thing it flows really well, Kurupt rips shit to pieces often, songs like reality are still just chill to chill to and dig on.

and songs like 'i don't like to dream about gettin paid' are not only ridiculously tight but hilarious. listen to the stories kurupt and daz tell. you really get a feeling for how socially irresponsible and unaware they are. the stories go from 0 to 50 in two bars.
daz's second verse of i don't like to dream, three fourths of the verse he's talking about hustling and balling and then within the last 4 lines of the verse he's a baller, goes broke, and is now on a mission to jack you LMAO:

livin tha life of a baller care free
havin bitches dyin to sleep wit me ya see
But I went bankrupt from all the spending and gamblin
business was gettin slow
and I wasn't handlin
mine tha way I was supposed to
Now I'm broke and on a jack mission
so don't get close to
tha D-P-G gang cause we scandalous when we broke
We get tha doggs in in us
we get ta actin like some

LMAO, this shit stiiiiiiill cracks me up how outta nowhere that shit is.

anyway, i'm done

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Efrain

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 04:33:42 PM »
I want to weigh in on Dogg Chit but I haven’t done enough critical listening. Truthfully though, I have to force myself to listen to it, which isn’t usually a good indicator. But my initial impressions of it are:

1) It lacks a lot of distinguish ability between songs. Every single song sounds like it uses the exact same drum and synth kit as the song before it. 

2) Daz and Kurupt are spitting more recycled/freestyled material then anything that's worth actually recording.

3) I can't find one single funky bass line!... this is Tha Dogg Pound here where are the fucking bass lines?!?!

4) The skits come off more awkward then interesting or funny.

5) The better production on the album is overshadowed or just down right ruined by crappy/recycled lyrics and vise versa.

And my opinion is in comparison to "...tha saga continues," "so so gangsta," and "cali iz active." So far the more I listen to this the more I want to dig out my "Tha saga continues" album and bump the shit out of it. But we’ll see I’ll keep listening and maybe it will grow on me.

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 09:56:02 PM »
I'm bout to finish Dogg Chit tonight, it's sounds pretty damn good so my mind might change a little.