2 (6.7%)
I Want It All
14 (46.7%)
Return of The Regulator
10 (33.3%)
In The MidNite Hour
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Author Topic: 2nd best Warren G album  (Read 496 times)

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
Re: 2nd best Warren G album
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 12:08:13 PM »
reality? i thought that album was called take a look over your shoulder?

just didnt feel like typing the longer title

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 01:01:38 PM »
"But Oh Noooooo..the Game Don't Wait..."
-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 01:17:21 PM »
Return of the Regulator without a doubt. Warren got his grown man on with this. Regulate was the best, and I Want It All, Take a Look over Your Shoulder, Mid Night Hour were all pretty much equal trash.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 01:25:37 PM »
Return of the Regulator without a doubt. Warren got his grown man on with this. Regulate was the best, and I Want It All, Take a Look over Your Shoulder, Mid Night Hour were all pretty much equal trash.

classic songs off i want it all

dope beat
gangsta love
both game don't wait versions
why oh why
i want it all

classics man, not garbage

also reality

the song reality
annie mae
both i shot the sherriffs

others, that's just top of the head

-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 01:29:32 PM »
I do own I Want It All and Midnight Hour, and yes they do have some good tracks, but imo they were both 3/5's as albums. I'm not looking to stir up shit, I really thought I Want It All sucked, didn't even like the original "Game Don't Wait". He's not a good rapper at all, great producer, but if he's gonna be the lead vocal artist on an album, it's most likely not gonna be good to me. Take A Look Over your Shoulder was ok, maybe 3.5/5, but still not very good. Eastcoast and Westcoast people opinions is gonna differ, just lettin yall know what I think.

None of those 3 releases could even come close to Return of the Regulator to me, love that fuckin cd.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »
I do own I Want It All and Midnight Hour, and yes they do have some good tracks, but imo they were both 3/5's as albums. I'm not looking to stir up shit, I really thought I Want It All sucked, didn't even like the original "Game Don't Wait". He's not a good rapper at all, great producer, but if he's gonna be the lead vocal artist on an album, it's most likely not gonna be good to me. Take A Look Over your Shoulder was ok, maybe 3.5/5, but still not very good. Eastcoast and Westcoast people opinions is gonna differ, just lettin yall know what I think.

None of those 3 releases could even come close to Return of the Regulator to me, love that fuckin cd.

I bought ROTR the day it dropped. listened to it all once, and never listened to it again. Not that it was bad, it was completely enjoyable...but it just did not addict me at all. same with eminem's MMlp and eminem show-dope records, but no replay value/addiction
-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 01:36:52 PM »

I bought ROTR the day it dropped. listened to it all once, and never listened to it again. Not that it was bad, it was completely enjoyable...but it just did not addict me at all. same with eminem's MMlp and eminem show-dope records, but no replay value/addiction
-T

Different strokes, I still listen to Return of the Regulator, "G Shit is too Much", "Young Locs Slow Down", "Speed Dreaming". With any Warren G album, there is isn't gonna be alot of replay just because of how weak of a rapper he is.

BTW I still bump Eminem Show, and MMLP to this day. Eminem show moreso, but they both still get play. Great lyricsm & wordplay never get old too me.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 01:38:21 PM »

-T

Different strokes, I still listen to Return of the Regulator, "G Shit is too Much", "Young Locs Slow Down", "Speed Dreaming". With any Warren G album, there is isn't gonna be alot of replay just because of how weak of a rapper he is.

BTW I still bump Eminem Show, and MMLP to this day. Eminem show moreso, but they both still get play. Great lyricsm & wordplay never get old too me.

warren g's rapping is the shit to me, it's really similar to snoops and just because i like the persona he presents himself as, i roll with him as he makes rap-mistakes i guess if that make sense.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 01:50:37 PM »

-T

warren g's rapping is the shit to me, it's really similar to snoops and just because i like the persona he presents himself as, i roll with him as he makes rap-mistakes i guess if that make sense.
-T

I got you, youre gonna like him no matter what. His lyrics and flow don't hit me the same way as every one else I guess. There are people out here who like him, I gave Midnight Hour to one of my friends. I'm the same way with Kurupt, I know he sucks ass now, but I love his voice, flow, persona, etc and will probably like everything he ever puts out.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2007, 02:23:54 PM »

"I Want It All" was trash? :grumpy:

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 02:24:11 PM »
I Dont even feel that regulate is his best i like it his best to me is Return of the Regulator and his second is i want it all

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 02:27:42 PM »
^WTF? Now I remember why I stopped posting here...LOL, JK...On the real though, "Regulate" is about 1,994 times better than "ROTR"...PeACe

Al Bundy

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2007, 02:29:27 PM »
^WTF? Now I remember why I stopped posting here...LOL, JK...On the real though, "Regulate" is about 1,994 times better than "ROTR"...PeACe

Last time I checked it was 1,995 times. But close enough  ;D

floatin_above_everything

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2007, 02:36:51 PM »

Yes sir it is. I only liked about 3-4 tracks on this album, and one was the single. I'm sorry that not everyone in the world shares your opinion. I'm not from Cali, I don't have to like I Want It All, I thought it was a good coaster, and most of the critcs agree too.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 02:39:34 PM by floatin_above_everything »

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2007, 02:44:02 PM »

Yes sir it is. I only liked about 3-4 tracks on this album, and one was the single. I'm sorry that not everyone in the world shares your opinion. I'm not from Cali, I don't have to like I Want It All, I thought it was a good coaster, and most of the critcs agree too.

I dunno...All I know is that you don't have to be from Cali to like "I Want It All"...Just a hip-hop head or even a casual rap fan.