Author Topic: Dubcnn: Young Buck & Redman's Latest Solo's Reviewed  (Read 165 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Dubcnn: Young Buck & Redman's Latest Solo's Reviewed
« on: April 06, 2007, 02:01:54 PM »
http://www.dubcnn.com/
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/

http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/bucktheworld/
http://www.dubcnn.com/features/reviews/redgonewild/

Young Buck & Redman's Latest Solo's Reviewed - April 6, 2007 By : Rud

Today we have two new and exclusive reviews from Dubcnn's own Music Editor, Conan Milne. Last week saw the long awaited sopohomore LP from G-Unit's Young Buck. The heavily delayed and much discussed "Buck The World" finally hit shelves on March 27th and as such Conan takes the time to put this latest effort from the G-Unit Soldier under the microscope.

The Dub Quotable for "Buck The World" reads: "Delve beyond the cynic-baiting title, and Buck captivates on an album that uses the brash G-Unit formula to impressive effect" as well earning a reasonable Dub Rating.

Is it enough to save the G-Unit empire from is much talked about implosion? - Read the review below to find out.

Young Buck - Buck The World (Review)

Next up is the even longer awaited studio solo release from Redman. The Funk Doc is back with his latest Def Jam offering and everyone wants to know if it has met the level of expectation. With poor promotion and lacklustre label support this release is really being supported heavily online.

Conan takes "Red Gone Wild" to task in this review to see if it has been worth the agonising wait and if the Dub Quotable is anything to go by, he may just have managed it; "Reggie Noble is back, and Red Gone Wild appeases six years worth of hype." Conan even awards the Brick City native a respectable Dub Rating, read the full review below.

Redman - Red Gone Wild: Thee Album (Review)

For more recent reviews, including Snoop Dogg, Evidence, Soopafly, Ya Boy, Bishop Lamont and Devin The Dude take some time to check out and then bookmark our Review Section.

Discuss This T

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Dubcnn: Young Buck & Redman's Latest Solo's Reviewed
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 05:06:26 AM »
bump

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:31:15 AM »
Rap is easy now, or so it seems. Good looking on the reviews - props.

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:41:56 AM »
Any more feedback, people? :)
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 11:42:21 AM »
I like the reviews but i always think they could be longer and that parts of the tracks could be quoted to back up arguments.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 11:49:10 AM »
props on the reviews. i can't comment on the redman, cus i ain't checked it yet, but the buck review seems on point for the most part
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Conan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Holler at your Uncle Snoopy..."
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 12:20:32 PM »
I like the reviews but i always think they could be longer and that parts of the tracks could be quoted to back up arguments.

Thanks for the feedback man. To each, his own, I guess. I usually prefer shorter, concise reviews when I'm reading - unless it's a HEAVILY anticipated album. In that case, I'm all for the in-depth analysis. I usually try to back up my opinions with quotes (eg: Buck's immaturity with the "just beat another mothafuckin' gun case" line) but I'll throw my hands up and admit that I could disperse my reviews with more examples. Will do my best to take this feedback into consideration in the future.  :)
"Shit ain't all peaches and cream, and I ain't Sara Lee, bitch!" - Lloyd Banks

"I'm Morpheus in this Hip-Hop Matrix, exposing fake shit." - Common

"With consecutive platinum hits, I up my status. Ain't no more Calvin Broadus!" - Snoop

"Look at all these conscious rappers - guess who influenced them?" - KRS One

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 05:05:52 AM »

Thanks for the feedback man. To each, his own, I guess. I usually prefer shorter, concise reviews when I'm reading - unless it's a HEAVILY anticipated album. In that case, I'm all for the in-depth analysis. I usually try to back up my opinions with quotes (eg: Buck's immaturity with the "just beat another mothafuckin' gun case" line) but I'll throw my hands up and admit that I could disperse my reviews with more examples. Will do my best to take this feedback into consideration in the future.  :)

cool, i enjoy the reviews regardless. keep up the good work !

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson