Author Topic: So I went to see Big Daddy Kane live...  (Read 346 times)

Elevz

So I went to see Big Daddy Kane live...
« on: March 31, 2007, 03:46:28 AM »
People were saying Hip-Hop is dead. Then came Big Daddy Kane.

I've seen him live last night in a small venue... What can I say, but this was really, really amazing? ;D

Seriously, dude has an amazing delivery and breath control that's next to impossible for any rapper to match. He manages to run around on the stage, doing exhausting verses and still sound good without having to gasp for breath. What the hell?

Although he turns his face when fat black girls scream "Mister Big Daddy! Can I take a picture?", he's constantly interacting with the audience. He really gets the entire crowd hyped for anything he does, whether it be performing R.A.W, The Symphony, Ain't No Half Steppin, Children R The Future, Another Victory, Young Gifted and Black, It's a Big Daddy Thing, Wrath of Kane (wow!), I Get The Job Done, Warm It Up Kane... Or some random freestyling, for which he jumped off the stage and into the crowd for a walk.

It has to be said, another "slain rappers tribute" over Mobb Deep's Shook Ones was corny and played out. On the other hand, the way he took a break for some water half way through the concert was good: he was really interactive with the crowd, doing an age check on them too see how many were 21 and over, 25 and over, and even 30 and over. Typical, how the old folks were hanging out in the back. Some ugly black girl raised her hands when Kane asked who's 30 and over... "Nah homegirl, you for real? You look seventeen, be real!"

Following to that, Kane invited two guys from the audience to come on stage and dance, since they had been right in front of the stage dancing so enthusiastically all the time. What followed was a small breakdancing contest, and my man Aiko just couldn't resist: he just had to join in to outshine those dudes... Vid below!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bm3bVCWGd5Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bm3bVCWGd5Q</a>

A small minor: Kane was a little horse, a crew member told me before the concert, so he would not be on stage for 90 minutes or so. He kinda left suddenly after about 45 minutes, when the beat to Big Daddy's Theme started playing... He said "peace out!" and off he went. It gave me flashbacks of the Jedi Mind Tricks concert I'd been to earlier this month - that's not something I'll ever want anyone to remember me of because it sucked so bad, but that's another story.

Even though the concert was rather short - it was really impressive. If you ever have the chance to see BDK live - GO FOR IT! I don't know why the entrance fee was only €12 / $9 (normal) / €10 / $7,75 (discount) to see an amazing legend live... It's definately worth the money!

Some pictures below...

R.A.W.

Long Live The Kane!

Mortal Combat, baby!

Ain't... No... Half... Steppin!

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
Re: So I went to see Big Daddy Kane live...
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 04:51:10 AM »
Props for review and pictures man, musta been one amazing show  8)

And I see what you mean with hiim leaving so suddenly - Method Man did the same thing last week and it was not pleasant at all, but that didn't take away much from the show
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

everlast1986

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2007, 06:22:48 AM »
Props for the review and pictures. Thats one legend I haven't gotten a chance to see yet.

sunnyway

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2007, 08:38:32 AM »

Big daddy is tha shit!!

People were saying Hip-Hop is dead. Then came Big Daddy Kane.

I've seen him live last night in a small venue... What can I say, but this was really, really amazing? ;D

Seriously, dude has an amazing delivery and breath control that's next to impossible for any rapper to match. He manages to run around on the stage, doing exhausting verses and still sound good without having to gasp for breath. What the hell?

Although he turns his face when fat black girls scream "Mister Big Daddy! Can I take a picture?", he's constantly interacting with the audience. He really gets the entire crowd hyped for anything he does, whether it be performing R.A.W, The Symphony, Ain't No Half Steppin, Children R The Future, Another Victory, Young Gifted and Black, It's a Big Daddy Thing, Wrath of Kane (wow!), I Get The Job Done, Warm It Up Kane... Or some random freestyling, for which he jumped off the stage and into the crowd for a walk.

It has to be said, another "slain rappers tribute" over Mobb Deep's Shook Ones was corny and played out. On the other hand, the way he took a break for some water half way through the concert was good: he was really interactive with the crowd, doing an age check on them too see how many were 21 and over, 25 and over, and even 30 and over. Typical, how the old folks were hanging out in the back. Some ugly black girl raised her hands when Kane asked who's 30 and over... "Nah homegirl, you for real? You look seventeen, be real!"

Following to that, Kane invited two guys from the audience to come on stage and dance, since they had been right in front of the stage dancing so enthusiastically all the time. What followed was a small breakdancing contest, and my man Aiko just couldn't resist: he just had to join in to outshine those dudes... Vid below!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bm3bVCWGd5Q" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bm3bVCWGd5Q</a>

A small minor: Kane was a little horse, a crew member told me before the concert, so he would not be on stage for 90 minutes or so. He kinda left suddenly after about 45 minutes, when the beat to Big Daddy's Theme started playing... He said "peace out!" and off he went. It gave me flashbacks of the Jedi Mind Tricks concert I'd been to earlier this month - that's not something I'll ever want anyone to remember me of because it sucked so bad, but that's another story.

Even though the concert was rather short - it was really impressive. If you ever have the chance to see BDK live - GO FOR IT! I don't know why the entrance fee was only €12 / $9 (normal) / €10 / $7,75 (discount) to see an amazing legend live... It's definately worth the money!

Some pictures below...

R.A.W.

Long Live The Kane!

Mortal Combat, baby!

Ain't... No... Half... Steppin!

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 11:05:24 AM »
Damn, that's good shit!

Al Bundy

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 11:58:14 AM »
that's tight dogg. would of loved to see him live.

The Predator

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 03:53:31 AM »
Kane from the golden era gets his props but damn what the fuck was he thinking when he posed naked in that Madonna book lol

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 05:46:37 AM »
sounds dope, what happened at the JMT concert ?

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Elevz

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 06:30:31 AM »
sounds dope, what happened at the JMT concert ?

JMT perfectly depicted how washed up some rappers can be. They came (late) on stage with Vinnie Paz, Krypt The Warchild and DJ Fuck Knows What His Name Is. Hardly any interaction with the crowd, did a bland show... Basically, they performed some songs with no energy, and rushed off the stage after 35 minutes. Everybody in the crowd was thinking, "are they taking a break? they'll be right back", but that wasn't the case. lol.

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 11:06:54 AM »
Kane from the golden era gets his props but damn what the fuck was he thinking when he posed naked in that Madonna book lol
What's wrong with that?

Did it affect the quality of his music?I don't think so

All in all, my reaction would've been "WTF  ???" if he turned down the offer to pose with Madonna & Naomi Cambell lol
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 12:27:11 PM by eazye - The Dangerous Crew Movement »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 01:11:55 AM »
What's wrong with that?

All in all, my reaction would've been "WTF  ???" if he turned down the offer to pose with Madonna & Naomi Cambell lol

he was naked WITH Madonna and Naomi also naked in the same session? No questions there.

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2007, 01:33:20 AM »
What's wrong with that?

he was naked WITH Madonna and Naomi also naked in the same session? No questions there.

-T
http://www.madonna-online.ch/m-online/galleries/1992/92-10-21_sex/sites/sb_106.htm

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 08:13:57 AM »
Good stuff 11z +1

Oklin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 10:17:57 AM »
Maybe I should go to this concert on whensday:

Big Daddy Kane
Planet Asia
Wildchild
J-Ro

everlast1986

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 10:25:14 AM »
J-Ro from Tha Alkaholiks?? it would be worth going for just him and BDK