Author Topic: My Interview w/ Diverse: Talks Bishop Lamont, "The Reformation" & More!  (Read 251 times)

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Aftermath Music recently got the opportunity to interview Bishop Lamont's long-time friend and producer Diverse.

We talked about his relationship with Bishop and the label Diocese. We also talk about his productions, inspirations, and upcoming projects.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Wassup Diverse? How is life treating you these days?

Diverse:
Really good, Amin… I'm just trying to stay busy!

Aftermathmusic.com:
No doubt… can you tell us a little about your background and where you grew up?

Diverse:
I'm a Carson native born and raised with a lot of East Coast musical influence with a West Coast swing.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Diverse is a cool name for a producer. What made you choose it?

Diverse:
Truthfully, I was just looking for a name that sounded different and Diverse just stuck with me and it happened to fit my style of music.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Ok… when did you first start producing?

Diverse:
I first started Producing in high school and my first placement was with Nike for an Eddie Jones promotion. I was being courted by Sony and Universal for an artist and development situation.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Who are your main inspirations as far as production? You’ve produced some songs for Warren G., Tyrese and Young Buck. How did you come to that opportunity?

Diverse:
My main influences are Pete Rock, DJ Premier, Dr. Dre, and Warren G. I’ve also had the pleasure of working with Tyrese, Young Buck and I worked along side Warren G through my management team, Zoe Entertainment with my long-time close friend Bishop Lamont.

Aftermathmusic.com:
The industry has taken a turn these last couple of years with electronic and kiddy sounds being pushed in the mainstream. Do you feel that fans of this generation are missing out on the classic scratches, beat box, soulful and jazzy street sounds of Hip Hop? Overall, what do you think of the state of Hip Hop right now?

Diverse:
The state of Hip Hop right now to me is at a turning point and we are in the forefront of this new change in music! And yes, the fans are missing out only if there’s not another avenue for different points of view in this music and different sounds. Truthfully, we all don’t want to dance all day and “bling bling” all day, but there is room for that also.

Aftermathmusic.com:
People really enjoyed the music you’ve created with Bishop Lamont. You’re both from Carson, California so are you two pretty close?

Diverse:
Yes! We are really close. I’ve known him and his family for as long as I can remember. That’s the Boss!

Aftermathmusic.com:
So how did you feel when you found out Bishop got signed to Dr. Dre’s Aftermath Entertainment?!

Diverse:
Excited for him and the City. We needed this in Hip Hop. This was an avenue of opportunity for many, many unsigned gifted artists that should be heard.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Yeah the streets are really buzzing right now with Bishop’s new mix-tape “Nigger Noize”. Fans say that it’s better than most rappers’ official albums these days, wouldn’t you agree?

Diverse:
Yeah!! Enough said.

Aftermathmusic.com:
Can fans expect to hear your music behind Bishop’s vocals in the near future?

Diverse:
Yeah, expect to hear more from the “dynamic duo”!!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What other projects are you working on or have planned?

Diverse:
Right now, I’m focused on creating music for our label, Diocese. I’m also working on the mix-tape “CalTroit” as well as Bishop’s debut album “The Reformation”. The album is crazy and it’s due to drop late summer 2007. Look out for those projects soon!!

Aftermathmusic.com:
What are some of the goals you hope to conquer in your career?

Diverse:
To continue to make hot tracks that many, many artists can relate to and help build Diocese to a level of excellence as well as provide a platform for me to put out artists that are ready for success!

Aftermathmusic.com:
That’s real… is there a final message you’d like the fans reading this interview to know?

Diverse:
I’m here to make the music the fans are longing for and bring something new to the table. I’m here to stay!!

Aftermathmusic.com:
Thank you for taking the time to do this interview! We look forward to hearing more from you soon. For the latest on Carson’s finest producer, keep checking with www.Aftermathmusic.com!

Tha Crip

props man.....aint nothin wrong wit hearing some new bishop related news....cant wait for Caltroit....im a fan of Black Milks productions so i know for sure bishop is gonna make a hot mixtape wit him, i wonder when caltroit is sopposed to be out  ???
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Props for the interview man!!!  Any chance you will do a follow up interview with him?  Would be nice to be able to submit some questions for the next interview if you get a chance to do another one.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
sounds good, props rebel

btw, can someone explain to me how that Lamont symbol is supposed to have a B in it?

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

Tha Crip

^^^^
i dont think its sopposed to be a B....im no chess player but its my guess that thats a bishop piece.
"I F**k Wit Feds Magazine"

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
^^^^
i dont think its sopposed to be a B....im no chess player but its my guess that thats a bishop piece.

Yea that chess piece is a Bishop

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
oh, that's dope and clever. tight.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
props cranker and crip

-T

westcoastavengers.com

Rebel

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Every man dies...but not everyman really lives"
Props for the interview man!!!  Any chance you will do a follow up interview with him?  Would be nice to be able to submit some questions for the next interview if you get a chance to do another one.

Its possible. I work with Chris for www.Aftermathmusic.com so I'll be doing interviews every now and then. I also did the one with Bishop back in Jan. 06.

Lunatic

nothing special, but still decent

props
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Dargine

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Main Underground Stream

Its possible. I work with Chris for www.Aftermathmusic.com so I'll be doing interviews every now and then. I also did the one with Bishop back in Jan. 06.

You should interview me too for them!
http://TheMUSblog.blogspot.com

Everything about The D.O.C, Obie Trice, The Notorious B.I.G, Young Buck, Eminem, Pipe da Snipe, Devin the Dude, Six Street Mac, Dr. Dre, B.G. Knocc Out, YG Hootie, 50 Cent, Nate Dogg, 4-Bent & Black Rob.

West Coast Veteran

props.. short but good interview.. cant wait for the reformation...

dredayeverydayy

• 'G'
can't wait for the reformation