Author Topic: Beatwise.....Jay-Z - "Trouble" vs. Timbaland - "Come and get me"  (Read 310 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Most people feel that Dre used Timbo's style on Jay-Z's "Trouble", and most people feel that Timbaland used Dre's style on "Come and get me". Ironically, the song before Timbo's track features Dre, but has a completely different vibe...and personally, I wish Dre coulda rapped on "Come and get me" instead.

But aside from that....which beat are y'all feelin more? I heard some people say that "Trouble" is at the level of In da Club, although I don't think it's too close. Hearin Timbo's track makes me wonder what him and Dre would sound like together, because it was very hard for me to picture their styles coming together until this track dropped. Imagine Timbo doin a lil bit to "Trouble", and Dre doin a bit to "Come and get me"....both would be even doper than they already are.

Cheese

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Beatwise.....Jay-Z - "Trouble" vs. Timbaland - "Come and get me"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 01:22:52 AM »
Trouble was trash. Come and get me was nice, but nothing special IMO

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 03:39:31 AM »
Come And Get Me is better because it has that orchestra sound, dope piano and it bumps hard. With trouble, I dont know, something was missing in that beat. It just got dull after 2,3 plays.

Digital Pimpin'

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 03:45:18 AM »
Trouble>Come And Get Me, beatwise and lyrically.

Come And Get Me was still a great track, but not standout by any means. Trouble does sound a bit "bare bones" but that's part of its appeal.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 02:37:45 PM »
i thought come and get me was horrible.....whats so special about it? just piano/drums.......... and that female "UM UM UM" shit is really annoying

Okka

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 02:59:31 PM »
"Trouble" had a dope beat on it, that "Come Get Me" shit was wack...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 03:05:09 PM »
as an instrumental, come and get me is better, as a complete joint, trouble is better....personally i thought it was the best dre and jigga vibed on his album

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 04:57:32 PM »
Trouble - i like the main synth dre uses, really complex with all the effects on it, but i miss change ups and sticks + its the usual simple drumpatterns dre always uses

Come and get me - havent heard this one on studio monitors yet its gonna be interesting, but from my little speakers at home the drum pattern and drums sounds like something dre could have made, sounds really good and the piano fits perfectly, background vocals tdoes alot for the beat to

i prefer Come and get me, timbo did a good job makin a beat different from most tracks that he produced these last months

dre's track is to simple and average imo, but well produced like always, this beat wouldnt be half as good if someone else made it without dres mixing and mastering

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 05:25:19 PM »
Trouble - i like the main synth dre uses, really complex with all the effects on it, but i miss change ups and sticks + its the usual simple drumpatterns dre always uses

Come and get me - havent heard this one on studio monitors yet its gonna be interesting, but from my little speakers at home the drum pattern and drums sounds like something dre could have made, sounds really good and the piano fits perfectly, background vocals tdoes alot for the beat to

i prefer Come and get me, timbo did a good job makin a beat different from most tracks that he produced these last months

dre's track is to simple and average imo, but well produced like always, this beat wouldnt be half as good if someone else made it without dres mixing and mastering

word that is pretty much how i see it....trouble was very well constructed but its not a great beat....dre made is crisp and jigga killed it which made it sound better.....come and get me had a dope beat and noone killed it....but beat wise, i giv timbo the props in a comparison between these 2

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 06:35:42 AM »
I think 50 pretty much ripped the track, even Yayo was dope. Timbo had a dope verse too, best besides Kill Yourself. Most likely ghostwritten by 50.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 05:35:27 PM »
yayo came better than 50 which says something about the joint imo....all they did was spit worthless 16's. to me, nobody ripped it at all in my opinion....timbos verse sounds like it was written by either D.O.E, 50, jigga was spittin crazy on trouble, he made it sound easy, i am not even the biggest jigga fan, but there is such a difference in class between the level jigga at and 50 is....and even y'all know that...

Okka

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 02:09:10 AM »
Most people feel that Dre used Timbo's style on Jay-Z's "Trouble"

Yep, that's the same shit i thought when i heard "Trouble" the 1st time...

devil_may_care

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2007, 03:59:08 AM »
I've always loved Trouble, best Dre track on Jay's CD in my opinion. I've only listened to Come and Get Me once and I didn't think much of it.
edit: not sure what I was thinking before, I really like this beat, it's very creative. But still not as good as Trouble.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 04:11:13 AM by devil_may_care »

tonyfett

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2007, 02:17:32 PM »
come get me for sure

Matty

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2007, 04:24:55 PM »
trouble is easily the better track...jay raps nice and the beat is crispy crisp. really sharp snare and a booming bass drum with dre's normal piano and perfectly placed synth sounds dotting about from left to right. might be simple but its mixed perfectly. come get me is a decent effort but none of the verses are really very good...50 normally comes a lot better. beat is nice with the vocal samples but nothing amazing, there are more interesting sounds than this on shock value.