Author Topic: Yo, Pac thangs...  (Read 85 times)

TheSheriff

Yo, Pac thangs...
« on: October 02, 2001, 08:12:05 AM »
Y'all moan bout UTEOT, but let's think bout 'Pac in his lifetime:

He had a lot of "poppy" hooks. Cali Love, To Live And Die In LA, How Do You Want It, All About U, etc...

The beats are good. They may not be the originals, but dope nonetheless, ingeneral.

The only gripes I got is that it ain't original shit, it all was released in '96 in a way, now they're just reruns. Also, that they cut words out when released via Amaru.

The latter shouldn't happen this time, nor the "changing beats" thang, cause DR is releasing it solo, apparently.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Yo, Pac thangs...
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2001, 08:21:35 AM »
Actually I have no problem with the poppy hooks, although most of the time with songs like Cali Love, All About U etc I wouldn't exactly call them poppy hooks, i'd say that they add a bit of R&B flavour which is counted as a decent part of Hip-Hop/rap nowdays anyways especially with artits like Nate. But when they totally revamp songs like "Fuck Friends" when the OG version was amazing as it stood it jus' pisses me off, I mean, Y fix something if it ain't broken ??? Don't get me wrong, I don't hate UTEOT but when u know what some of the original versions sounded like it makes it look pretty dire.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Mr_Loc

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2001, 08:34:12 AM »
yea pop hooks might be cool for singles but on every other track on an album its waaaack! remember the original version of the song Still I Rise? with that bomb little Syke sample as the hook. they took that out and added some poofter sounding crooner.

my main annoyance with the remixed tracks is that they're not what Pac oversaw in the studio, not what he envisioned for the song.

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2001, 08:46:13 AM »
Look at what they did to when thugs cry, I cant even listen to tha song,  they ruined that song wit a poppy hook