Author Topic: Dam... Never Realised How Dope Death Certificate Is  (Read 812 times)

DA CRIPZ AKA BIG BLUE

• Lil Geezy
  • FUCC A BLOOD
Re: Dam... Never Realised How Dope Death Certificate Is
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2007, 02:39:32 AM »
DEATH CERTIFICATE IS ONE OF THE BEST WEST COAST ALBUMS EVER!! SOME OF YALL YOUNGER ONES, DONT REALIZE HOW BIG THAT ALBUM WAS..I PUT IT UP THERE WITH THE CHRONIC.. ITS DEFINILTY CUBES BEST ALBUM, BY FAR..
8)

WE CRIPPIN ALL NIGHT CUZZ

Tha Psycho Hustla

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2007, 10:23:01 AM »
i gotta check it

XaNdEr

« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 02:17:06 AM »
I get really pissed often at rappers reverse racism. I think any really intelligent person knows it's not a certain race of people but a class of people that is the 'man' and the 'oppressor'. In other words, it's not whites/jews/asians it's RICH people and while there are alot of well of whites/asians there are alot of poor ones just like there are alot of rich asshole black people(like there is rich assholes of any race).

In other words, I'm DEEPLY disappointed that when Katrina happened and Kanye had a chance to say something to the world that would be quoted and heard instead of being an intelligent person and saying "George Bush doesn't care about poor people" (everyone in America, including blacks would have been behind him quoting that, making a stir, no doubt) his dropout ass said "george bush doesn't care about black people" (now only the same black people who've always said such things are behind him, not the whole nation) cause it's ridiculous to act like Bush doesn't care about black republicans in the oval office and that he does care about the poor whites in new orleans you know?

-T

+1 man, thats what hold me back from ras kass a long time. he acts like all white people are devils and all black people are gods, like it just takes a look at your skin to judge how good or bad you are.

i like ras kass for his lyrics, metaphors etc. but i think hes stupid for making discriminating statements about white people while he blames white people for discriminating black people.

imo everyone is equal, but not everyone seems to get this.

come to think of it, guerilla of the mists, are you ras kass?

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • California Livin' - Murs and Me
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 10:24:03 AM »
I get really pissed often at rappers reverse racism. I think any really intelligent person knows it's not a certain race of people but a class of people that is the 'man' and the 'oppressor'. In other words, it's not whites/jews/asians it's RICH people and while there are alot of well of whites/asians there are alot of poor ones just like there are alot of rich asshole black people(like there is rich assholes of any race).

In other words, I'm DEEPLY disappointed that when Katrina happened and Kanye had a chance to say something to the world that would be quoted and heard instead of being an intelligent person and saying "George Bush doesn't care about poor people" (everyone in America, including blacks would have been behind him quoting that, making a stir, no doubt) his dropout ass said "george bush doesn't care about black people" (now only the same black people who've always said such things are behind him, not the whole nation) cause it's ridiculous to act like Bush doesn't care about black republicans in the oval office and that he does care about the poor whites in new orleans you know?

-T

+1 man, thats what hold me back from ras kass a long time. he acts like all white people are devils and all black people are gods, like it just takes a look at your skin to judge how good or bad you are.

i like ras kass for his lyrics, metaphors etc. but i think hes stupid for making discriminating statements about white people while he blames white people for discriminating black people.

imo everyone is equal, but not everyone seems to get this.

come to think of it, guerilla of the mists, are you ras kass?

LMAO

I used to hate that dude Guerilla for that shit, but now I see he just does it to piss of Infinite (who is the homey too, but at least Guerilla really isn't racist)

-T

Fee Fie Foe Fum; somethin' stank and I want some.

My hip-hop group The West Coast Avengers @

westcoastavengers.com

@tanjintwiggy and @westcoastavengers on Instagram

d-nice

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 10:51:09 AM »
Well like most things that require stating your opinion on something, Hip Hop is a representation of the artists ideas. Albums like Death Certificate and The Predator showed the rising tensions of race relations in Cali and the eventual effects of the riots. Cube gave his viewpoint from a African American standpoint. Now Black Korea went a little too far IMO, but I think the stance Cube was trying to do is shed light to the fact that race relations are fucked up in this country. Now what do we do about it? He called that LA riots before they even happened.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:52:49 PM by d-nice »

Kaligula

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2007, 10:56:58 AM »
Well like most things that require stating your opinion on something, Hip Hop is a representation of the artists ideas. Albums like Death Certificate and The Predator showed the rising tensions of race relations in Cali and the eventual effects of the riots. Cube gave his viewpoint from a African American standpoint. Now Black Korea went a little too far IMO, but I think the stance Cube was trying to do is shed light to the fact that race relations are fucked up in this country. Now what do we do about it? He called that LA roits before they even happened.

Good point. I doubt most people would co-sign some of the things Cube said on his earlier albums, but at the same time it really does bring you back to that specific time and place when LA was just a powder keg just waiting to explode. Whether you like it or agree with it or not, he really did call it.

d-nice

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2007, 12:56:51 PM »
I think because how honest and straight forward Cube was about social and political issues is why people want that Cube back on at least some tracks on his albums. He really just tapped a few issues on Laugh Now Cry Later. Did not really dig into the issues. I hope he will do it on 1 or 2 tracks on Raw Footage. The subject matter is there and we have just as many problems now as we do when Death Certificate was out. Cube is one of my favorites, probably moved up in my book after 2pac died for me.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2007, 01:08:56 PM »
Cube was in his prime around the time of all that happening, his inner tensions grew as LA's did....he did call it, he was in the time and place to just like Bob Dylan's political assessment when he was in his prime with inner tensions growing in the early mid 60's to call it...in other words, it has to be a cat like Cube/Dylan at that time (ie: a young cat) to have that affect now. Cube is too removed from what's going on (not a criticism, he as every right) to be the barometer on a grand social level anymore. But he's still the shit.

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2007, 01:20:23 PM »
Cube was in his prime around the time of all that happening, his inner tensions grew as LA's did....he did call it, he was in the time and place to just like Bob Dylan's political assessment when he was in his prime with inner tensions growing in the early mid 60's to call it...in other words, it has to be a cat like Cube/Dylan at that time (ie: a young cat) to have that affect now. Cube is too removed from what's going on (not a criticism, he as every right) to be the barometer on a grand social level anymore. But he's still the shit.

-T

True. I think he can still give this 2 cents on alot of the issues going on today though. I think once We Be Clubbin blew up, that political Cube was gone for the most part. I think he would REALLY have to sit back, take his time to do a Death Certificate type of record now. Party records are just 2nd nature to him at this point.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2007, 01:23:20 PM »

-T

True. I think he can still give this 2 cents on alot of the issues going on today though. I think once We Be Clubbin blew up, that political Cube was gone for the most part. I think he would REALLY have to sit back, take his time to do a Death Certificate type of record now. Party records are just 2nd nature to him at this point.

Two things

a) based on what i've heard from/about LNCL it's the most political discussion he's done in years so yeah his two cents will be there and that's great
b)He does really good club/party music. he stays clever lyrically (not as much as before, but still puts newjacks to shame) and his delivery and voice are still great, so i can't bitch
-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2007, 01:28:22 PM »

-T

Two things

a) based on what i've heard from/about LNCL it's the most political discussion he's done in years so yeah his two cents will be there and that's great
b)He does really good club/party music. he stays clever lyrically (not as much as before, but still puts newjacks to shame) and his delivery and voice are still great, so i can't bitch
-T

100% co sign what you saying Tanj. I was upset with the Peace disc because he said in interviews that the Peace disc would be a return to a more political Ice Cube, giving his opinion on how to deal with social issues in this country. But it ended up being a party record so it almost seemed to me like he "settled" for the party stuff. With that said, Peace had some dope ass records on it and with the success of We Be Clubbin and You Can Do It, I guess who can blame him. He never really had a mega hit like We Be Clubbin that catered to the clubs like that.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2007, 01:31:46 PM »
true but he had songs like 'good day' that had that scope of success. i miss that kind of shit, that's why i like dogg pound, so simple and yet it's what we want you know?
like when daz says dumb ass lines like 'good to see you here homey, good to see you there' it's the shit to me cause it's like...i can relate to that...I've been chillin with all the homies barbecuin, drinkin, smokin and it's just SIMPLE: I'M happy to be here posting with the homies.
-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2007, 01:41:35 PM »
true but he had songs like 'good day' that had that scope of success. i miss that kind of shit, that's why i like dogg pound, so simple and yet it's what we want you know?
like when daz says dumb ass lines like 'good to see you here homey, good to see you there' it's the shit to me cause it's like...i can relate to that...I've been chillin with all the homies barbecuin, drinkin, smokin and it's just SIMPLE: I'M happy to be here posting with the homies.
-T

Yeah but Good Day was more of a chill record. You knew exactly what audience would possibly catch on to We Be Clubbin. I actually thought he would catch hell for making a song like that so shortly after being super hood on Bow Down but it all worked out for the most part. But yeah I dig his party records.

Tanjential

• Hip Hop Hippie
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2007, 01:42:51 PM »
we be clubbin is hood as fuck. i heard that shit non stop for years in my suburb-that-was-quickly-turning-into-a-ghetto in Rialto/San Bernardino area growing up

-T

westcoastavengers.com

d-nice

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2007, 01:46:31 PM »
we be clubbin is hood as fuck. i heard that shit non stop for years in my suburb-that-was-quickly-turning-into-a-ghetto in Rialto/San Bernardino area growing up

-T

Yeah it is. I rarely hear it in the clubs but they play Hypnotize, California Love and all these other songs instead. That song will STILL set a club off. That was a dope soundtrack too, The Players Club. That We Be Clubbin remix was dope as fuck too.